The Payoff

My kids in Provo last year were much nicer, more appreciative, well behaved, and (insert any other positive adjective here) than my students this year.

I am friends with ONE student on Facebook because she is a lovely, mature, intelligent young woman. She messaged me on Facebook tonight, and I need to commemorate it.

hey ms. balibrea,
i know that i'm not your student this year and that i don't have the right to bother you with questions anymore but i figure one question won't hurt right? ok well, i'm taking honors this year and so a lot of times we end up having to learn things really fast because a lot of the other honor students know what we're learning already so that is kinda what happened to me this time and i was wondering if you could give me a little extra help with something i didn't really get.

i need a little help with how to write specific and vivid figurative phrases. i don't know why but it has been so hard for me to understand the concept and my head isn't getting it. ok well that's all, i hope you don't mind me still asking questions. i just know that if anyone can help me understand it , it would be you :)

(student)

OK, that last line? She is a girl after my own heart. Seriously? How cute is she. I responded, trying to be as helpful as I could within a few paragraphs. She answered back:

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! you don't know how much i love you for this, you are so sweet. i had already tried asking my teacher but she didn't help as much as you ;) she is a good teacher and she excepts a lot from us which gets us working, but even though she's been been teaching for 15+ years i think you taught us better on your first year, i mean it. thanks again.

I don't think I'll cheapen this with words. I hope every teacher gets several of this type of student in their lifetime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going Private Out of Necessity

On Dreaming Big

Something That Bugs Me