July in Review
7/1 Felt chaotic. I did my final lift for the week. Work was actually kind of nice; we had a Women's Initiative Network event with a Q&A panel of women leaders. They provided lunch; it was a nice midday break. I left early as I realized that I was ahead on hours due to the July 3 holiday pay. After work I focused on laundry and getting AJ and myself packed up for our trip.
7/2 We had a pretty mellow morning. I went on a walk. I finished packing us up. We went to Jim's around noon. He dropped us off, and we got through security and to our gate super quickly. AJ and I slept almost the entire flight to CA. After landing we went to Pinnacle Peak for dinner. I hadn't been there in a long time. We did AJ's bath and tried to get ready for Disneyland.
7/3 AJ woke us up at 5:30. We left at 7, got donuts, and had no traffic on the way to Disneyland. We spent a full day at Disney, after the ordeal of parking and security. We did lots of rides. AJ loved Space Mountain, which is awesome to me. We watched the fireworks from the parking garage--we were on the top level. We left Disneyland around 10.
![]() |
| He didn't stop rubbing his eyes |
7/4 AJ woke us up at 5:30. I walked for 30 minutes. After showering, we went to La Verne to my brother's neighborhood for their local holiday parade. We went back to my dad's and hung out a while. I went to Aldi to get some groceries and made a sandwich and salad for lunch. AJ took a nap. We were back to my brother's house by 4:30 for a neighborhood potluck they have each year. We watched fireworks and sat in traffic on the way home.
7/5 AJ woke us up at 6:30. I went on a walk. We got a few things at Walmart for the beach and got donuts. I made some sandwiches, and we left around 10:45 to Balboa at Newport with my brother and his family. We stayed from 11:40 to about 2:30. AJ fell asleep in the car on the way home. I did some laundry and started packing. After cleaning up, we went to dinner at Red Robin. We did AJ's bath and bed time.
7/6 AJ woke me up around 5:45. I went on a run followed by a walk. We finished packing and left for the airport about 10:30. We got there about 11:15, got through security, and to our gate. They had to have me go in a body scanner a second time because supposedly something was detected on our stroller. Matthew also got a call from his new company's CEO that had him stressing out. We sat separately on the plane. AJ mostly watched GOAT the whole time, and he had to go potty, which was very fun on an airplane. Jim came to get us. There was traffic back to his house, and AJ fell asleep in the car. I ordered Little Caesars to pick up near home. We ate, unpacked, and did AJ's bath and bed time.
7/7 I had trouble waking up for the gym, so I slept in and then went on a walk. Work was pretty busy--had to dig out of emails a little bit, set up and clean up a class, and had a few meetings. Matthew was off work again this day, so he was able to do some things and pick up AJ. I did a grocery order with Smith's and picked it up after work. I made leftovers for AJ. Matthew and I had pork chops, instant potatoes, and garden zucchini. We did bed time.
7/8 I got up for the gym. I ordered a fridge with my dad's generous help. I finagled some prescription transfers. I picked up AJ from daycare and took him to Walmart to get my prescription. We got home, and Matthew made dinner (kielbasa, veggies, rice). I was on an HOA call from 6-6:45. I worked on my workout programming for a little bit. I started AJ's bath and then watered the garden. Matthew finished bath time. We did bed time and watched Peaky Blinders.
7/9 I got up for the gym with my coach where I did something to my sciatic. Work was pretty quiet. I got AJ and made us dinner. We went as a family to Blacksmith Ice Cream. I picked some vegetables in the garden. We did bed time and watched Peaky Blinders.
7/10 I walked before work. I worked a half day getting ready for orientation. I got a few things at Smith's. I cleaned the house and did laundry. I picked up AJ and made him food. I got ready and went to Orem for Cody's birthday party. Rachel and I went to Leatherby's afterward to eat. I got home way too late.
7/11 AJ woke me up too early so I went and slept in his bed. I started laundry and went to the gym for a squat-bench-deadlift day that didn't go very well. Squats were fine other than the walkout, but I couldn't do more than one set of deadlifts. Our fridge arrived. We stopped at Dutch and went to the condo pool. Then we went to the condo to do a repair and a walkthrough. We went to J Dawgs for an early dinner. After bed and bath time, we watched House of the Dragon.
7/12 We went to Ogie's Cafe for breakfast. We came home for a bit and did some laundry. We went to the movie theater to see the new Moana movie. After that we got Dutch Bros and went to Jacque's store. We fed AJ and ourselves. I watered and worked in the garden. I did lunch and supplement prep. I moved all the food to the upstairs fridge, and we finally got our freezer food from Lois.
7/13 I walked before work. Work felt hard; it was new hire orientation and felt more chaotic than usual. I got AJ from daycare. We had ribs, corn on the cob, and zucchini for dinner. I spent too much time in the garden going to battle with squash bugs on my zucchini plant. I killed tons of earwigs, sprayed a ton of Neem Oil, cut off leaf portions with eggs on them, and spread diatomaceous earth.
7/14 I got up early for the gym. Thankfully my coach was there, so she had me switch it up since my sciatica was still acting up. I had to run to work to grab my laptop since daycare was suddenly closed for the day. I worked the first half of the day at home. I came in for the last half since I was covering the front desk. I sneezed all day and started to not feel very well. Matthew made us dinner. I did bath time, and after bed time we watched Peaky Blinders.
7/15 I slept in instead of walking since I was coughing all night. Work was quiet, just popcorn day. Dinner at Nomad Eatery followed by Back to the Future at the ballpark followed by Rockwell Ice Cream. Jim watched AJ for us.
7/16 I went to the gym and once again struggled with deadlifts. Work was quiet, but I did visit other buildings to drop of ESL notes to students. It was Matthew's first day of work at Generations Home Loans. He picked up AJ. We both got home at 5:20. We ate leftovers and worked in the garden. We did bath and bed time and watched House of the Dragon.
7/17 I walked a bit before work and worked a half day. I had to leave work to go get AJ from the parking lot at Walmart because Matthew's car broke down. I took him to daycare and went back to work, then stayed late to make up time. I got groceries. I went to my sinus follow up at the U of U, and I wasn't seen until 4:30 even though my appointment was for 3:30. I picked up AJ. I went to High Point Coffee to meet my new book club. It was just four of us who met up, but it was fun to chat.
7/18 Felt busy. I started laundry and went to the gym. I rinsed off, and followed Matthew to American Fork to get the catering van. A gal, her boyfriend, and brother came over so I could tutor her brother. While I did that, Matthew returned the broken fridge. After tutoring, I cleaned the floors and started to get ready for our date. Violet arrived around 4pm, right after AJ touched a hot exhaust pipe. Matthew and I went to dinner at Ruth's Chris. We paid for valet and listened to a solar presentation so we could have free dinner. We got home and did bath and bed time.
7/19 I fed AJ, checked the garden, and walked in the basement on the treadmill. I rinsed off. We went to the gym so I could learn how to use a machine. We went to the pool for almost two hours. We got home, ate lunch, rinsed off, and got in the car to follow Matthew to return the van to American Fork. But we stopped at Pinkbox Donuts first. We got home, and I ordered pizza. Matthew went to the movies for Jim's birthday. AJ and I ate and then went to get Cold Stone for National Ice Cream day. I did his bath and most of bed time. Matthew got home in time to say prayers and goodnight.
7/20 I got up at the crack of dawn to work out and wash my hair. I took AJ to daycare since Matthew has no car. Work was pretty quiet. I picked up AJ. It was way too hot, so we were basically inside all evening. Matthew made dinner. We put AJ to bed and spent time in the garden.
7/21 I got up at 5:30 to walk since Matthew had to drop me and AJ off to make it to a networking meeting. He dropped me off at Pinned Coffee, and I walked to work and was still early. Work was pretty quiet but with things to do. Matthew picked me up. We stopped at the bank and got AJ. We had leftover. It was a hard evening with AJ, so we didn't do TV. We spent time in the garden, did bath and bed time, and then enjoyed the flash storm before watching House of the Dragon.
7/22 I was again up way too early to lift. Matthew dropped me and AJ off at work and daycare since we had dinner plans after work. Work was pretty quiet though I did popcorn and had things to work on. Matthew picked me up, we went to the bank again, got AJ, and realized Itto wasn't open till 5pm. We took AJ to a park to pass the time until Itto opened. After Itto we went to Blacksmith ice cream. We did bed time and watched House of the Dragon.
7/23 I got up to go on a walk. I forgot my purse and phone in the car. I worked at the reception desk in building 1 all day. It was very quiet. Matthew picked me up at 4. We got AJ and went home. Then we decided to go out for dinner, so we went to Wingers. We worked in the garden, did bed and bath time, and watched House of the Dragon.
7/24 was a holiday, but I was still up at 6:30. I trained with my coach at 8. We went to Sidecar Doughnuts, then Walmart, and then Smith's. It felt like a busy day, and so hot with my spotty air conditioning. We ate dinner at home and once again went to Blacksmith Ice Cream. We did sparklers and pop-its with AJ. After bed time, we watched Peaky Blinders.
7/25 We woke up to five puke piles and 1 poop on the rug, all from the dog. I walked on the treadmill. Matthew went to help his mom for a few hours. I took AJ to get the comforter washed (Max pooped on it a couple weeks prior). We went to Tous Les Jours while it was washing. We waited for it to dry, then went to the pool from 12:30 to 2:30 then got gas. We watched Jumanji for AJ's first time. He loved it. We went to Trader Joe's in Holladay, and AJ was super grumpy so we had to high tail it home for bed time. I did some work to save my zucchini plant, and we watched Peaky Blinders.
7/26 we got up about 7am. We went to breakfast at Landmark Grill. I walked a few minutes on the treadmill. We spent a little time in the garden picking tomatoes etc. I tutored from 10:30-11:30, and we chatted with Hannah and Kohen. I walked a bit more. After we all took a nap, we went to see Toy Story 5 at the movies. It was a fun time. Matthew cooked dinner. We did bath, watered the garden, roasted marshmallows (on the stove), and sparklers in the backyard. Then bed time.
7/27 I got up early to walk a little bit before work. We went to try and get blood work done (we all left the house at 7am due to one car), but the wait was almost two hours. I did New Hire Orientation. Matthew picked me up. We went to get his car. I got AJ and took him home. Matthew made the Harmon's meal deal (lettuce wraps). We had a consult from a solar guy.
7/28 AJ had his dentist appointment with sedation, and Matthew handled all of it. AJ requested a trip to Uptown Jungle, so Matthew got a Groupon and took him. I went to the gym early. I again tried to get blood taken at 7:10am, but the line was once again insane, so I made an appointment at 11am and came back during the workday. Work was fairly busy, a trip to Sam's Club, set up and clean up for HR Connect, and a 1:1. I picked up AJ, and we had a pretty normal evening at home. We got AJ to bed pretty early.
7/29 I got up to walk before work. Work wasn't too crazy, but I did have a couple of Teams meetings. I got AJ. Matthew was already at the kitchen for the evening. After we got home, my mom arrived with stuff to make for dinner. We cooked corn on the cob, air fried zucchini, Pasta Roni, and mom grilled chicken skewers and bacon wrapped filets. I got AJ cleaned up and in bed. I scrolled and decompressed.
![]() |
| A squash bug assessment |
7/30 I was up early for the gym and deadlifted successfully for the first time in three weeks. Work was pretty quiet. I got AJ and heated up his dinner. I worked in the garden while Matthew handled bath time. We did bed time and watched Peaky Blinders.
7/31 I went for a walk. I worked a half day. Matthew met me at Smith's to grocery shop. We put food away. I picked up AJ and took him to his follow up for his tubes. He had a hard time during his hearing appointment, lots of tears. We stopped at Thirst and came home. We went to Mooyah for dinner, with a coupon. We went to Starry Nights in Taylorsville where we listened to a band and had some ice cream from a food truck. We did bed time and watched Peaky Blinders.
Books I read in July:
-Raising Securely Attached Kids by Eli Harwood (audiobook)
-Exactly What to Say by Phil M. Jones (audiobook)
-You with the Sad Eyes by Christina Applegate (audiobook)
-Lock Every Door by Riley Sager (audiobook)
-The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks (audiobook)
-Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt (audiobook)






























Comments