June 2018 In Review

I have attempted to design my summer once again, which meant plugging in events like Taylorsville Dayzz along with High Fitness classes, hikes, pool time, and all other summer things that I enjoy.

That all makes for a pretty excellent start to my summer.

We'll start with the most important thing, and that was National Donut day, obviously.


I went to R&R BBQ with my mom, where I had chicken nachos. And they were amazing.


I have done a LOT of grilling. Like, weekly. Lots of grilling. 


I had a Yelp event at Laid Back Poke shack, and the poke obsession continued. I seriously love it so much. 


I went to a Favorite Things party with my Relief Society. We had to bring two of our favorite things, so I brought the makings of a Swig Texas Tab and my favorite popcorn: homestyle from Pop Secret.


I went to Pizza Studio with Rachel. Oh and I ordered high ponytail hats. A few of them. They're the best. 


I love Bees games! It's not summer without baseball. 


I made many, many acai bowls. They're just such a delicious summer treat. 


Hat day at work with Brittney. :)


I tried the Normal ice cream truck. It was delish. I got the olive oil soft serve, but it was the brown butter and apricot composed cone. So good. 


I went to Coconut Island Grill with Kristen. 


I spent a few afternoons by the pool and have a decent tan going. 


I went to the Pirates symphony with good old Dan! It was SO GOOD!!!!



I did a mobility challenge with @docjenfit on Instagram. Just brought to light how many limitations I have in my range of motion and flexibility.


I went to two nights of Taylorsville Dayzz. The first night was an Eagles tribute band called Desperado, and I went with Joyce. The second night was a Beegeez tribute band called Stayin' Alive. Apparently Saturday is the day everyone goes, because getting out of there was an absolute nightmare. Friday night we went from the lawn to home in 20 minutes! But the fireworks were great, especially last night. It was a half hour show!


Saturday afternoon I got my eyes checked. I hate the eye doctor.


Thankfully I got my prescription and pupillary distance, so I can just go order some glasses from Zenni. Also saw Won't You Be My Neighbor? yesterday. This month I also saw Solo, Avengers, Ocean's 8, Incredibles 2, and the Catcher Was a Spy. I may have seen more, but just don't know if it was in June. I saw Deadpool 2, Quiet Place (twice), I Feel Pretty, and Ready Player One. I like to see lots of movies, especially in the summer.

I've played softball every Tuesday with work. We've lost almost all our games. We have two games left. Huzzah.

I had a massage on June 14, so that was amazing.

I started Orange Theory fitness on June 23 and have immensely enjoyed it. I'm dying today though. I went too hard yesterday.

I started donating plasma last week for some extra monies.

I got a Dexa scan on Thursday to tell me the breakdown of my muscles and fat and all those fun things. Positive conclusions were that I have great skeletal muscle, and amazing bone density. So that was good news.

Anyway, I'm off to a strong start with my summer and hope to have excellent things to cover at the end of that month. I have plans to attend the temple, my cousin's baby shower to attend, hopefully another Bees' game or two (July 16 and 30), and a Sunday school lesson to teach.

Happy summer! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review