April in Review

April 1 I officially took myself off of my mom's family cell phone plan and got onto my own. It was a way bigger ordeal than anticipated. But it's done. I also made macaroni salad for our dinner the next night. 


April 2 I got to go to my OBGYN and have an unexpected PAP smear, so that stunk. But oh well. We made our version of Mo Bettahs. I made rice and the mac salad, and Matthew grilled the chicken. It was yummy.



Saturday, April 3 I realized that my cat was missing. He likely ran outside when Matthew was bringing the dog back in or taking him out. I wasn't worried enough to skip my workout. So Matthew looked for him around the building. I went to Orange Theory, and Matthew had left to go to work to put in some extra hours. I got back from Orange and started to worry. I walked around our building in his usual hiding spots, crinkling his treat bag. He didn't come. I walked around a couple more buildings. I finally came back to ours and stood in front of the bushes and gave it an extra minute. Out he came! Big dummy. I had already posted on Facebook and reported him missing on his chip program! He was super dirty, so I made him get in the bath, which he hated with a whining passion. So because of him I missed most of the morning session of General Conference. 




I also made some bird nest macaroons.


That evening, we did a fancy dinner at Fleming's downtown. Everything was super yummy. We got the potatoes and macaroni and cheese. We shared a wedge salad as well. I got the double chicken breast, and Matthew got steak. That night we checked the mail, and my new glasses had arrived!




April 4 was Easter. We made breakfast--bacon, eggs, and French toast. Matthew sent me on an Easter basket hunt. I think it's cute that he does that for me; it's his family's tradition. He got me a new mascara and some gum. We dyed Easter eggs. And we had dinner at my grandma's house. 







April 6 I snagged a discount offer for Curry Up Now, so we ate there. We really liked everything! I especially liked the Naughty Naan. 


Wednesday, April 7 I got a new logo that I'm excited about. I had hoped she might come up with a different concept and not just use my same one with a donut barbell. I don't have much of an imagination, but it would've been nice to get some more ideas on the table. I guess that's what happens when I use Fiverr and pay $30. That evening I got myself a free waffle that my friend Kelsey sent me the code for. Unfortunately, I arrived after a party of 16 had placed their order. And it was probably the worst waffle they've ever made for me. It was weird and thin and not cooked, and I barely got any whipped cream. Oh well. At least my experiences are usually good.


April 8 we went to Midway after work to go do the Homestead Crater soak. It was fun, and Matthew really enjoyed it. After that, we stopped at Crumbl for the maple cinnamon cookie, Walmart for him to pick up some things he needed for his weekend quad trip, and In-N-Out because our small dinner four hours earlier had us hungry again. But I checked off another item from my 21 for 21 list! Sadly, we don't have any photos because I don't have waterproof equipment for my cell phone. And we didn't even take a photo outside! Fail. 

Friday, April 9 Matthew left early in the morning for his family quad ride. I was excited that day because the Dough Show was announced, and I bought tickets to a Bees game for us. I started laundry and did all my cleaning that evening, which is always a good time. Adulting is the best, amirite? It was a wild night at home with the animals. 



April 10 I did all the normal Saturday things (workout, laundry, groceries), but also had a Zoom baby shower for my best friend from high school, Allyn! I did tons and tons of laundry. I also went to a local bike seller who had nothing my size. It seems like he finds/fixes/re-sells bikes out of a tent by his house. Kind of awkward. I went to look at another one from KSL, but it was too tall for me. I got myself sushi for dinner that evening. 


Sunday, April 11 was pretty quiet. I got myself some Duck Donuts and watched church on TV which was fast Sunday, unfortunately. Thankfully testimonies weren't too weird that day. I did more bike shopping and went to see one in person that was too tall for me. Sad because I really liked it. I posted about maintenance calories on Instagram and actually got two clients in one day, so I was on my phone a lot that day. And I watched a bunch of Call the Midwife. Matthew didn't get home until almost 9pm, and he talked to me about his trip. 

April 12 was a family dinner at Texas Roadhouse in Lehi for Rick's (Matthew's dad) birthday. I got there first to check us in. Matthew had a rough evening remembering his dad. 

Tuesday, April 13 I finally got a massage! She actually went way harder than I needed, especially in my lower back and chest. I was legitimately bruised on my chest, and on 4/19 I was still sore! Oh well. That evening, Matthew and I watched Falcon & Winter Soldier, and the last episode of Good Place. 

April 14 I went to look at a bike after work. Turns out it was my boss's brother who I had been communicating with! Small world. The bike was too small, sadly. 

April 16 I woke up and just felt like I couldn't. I don't know how else to explain it. I was sleepy. I was tired in every way possible. So I texted my bosses and said I wasn't coming in. I took care of a couple of work things, but generally took the day off. I slept in. I went and got myself a breakfast sammy at Waffle Love (it took over 45 minutes; I wasn't thrilled). I browsed Big Lots. I picked up Dutch Bros. I rented a movie (Promising Young Woman) and walked on the treadmill while I watched it. I made cookies. I got myself Chili's for dinner. I just took it easy in general. Matthew went down to American Fork for a coworker's wedding, hung out with his cousin in Provo, and brought back some BYU Creamery chocolate milk that night. Thankfully after I unexpectedly took the day off, I didn't have anything crazy when I came back to work on Monday.


Saturday, April 17 I went to Orange Theory, cleaned, and did laundry. I got groceries and went to see a bike out in Herriman; I wish she had told me the frame height when I asked. It was WAY too big. So that was a great waste of over an hour! I got home and had four client check-ins. I went to see The Courier at the theater while Matthew went to drop off some things at his cousin's house. There were super annoying teenagers in the theater; I didn't get up to scold them until the last 20 minutes of the movie. Matthew and I made dinner at home and watched Falcon and Winter Soldier. 

April 18 was my definition of a near-perfect day. I didn't get to sleep in because my cat thinks he will die of starvation if he has to wait another hour to eat. I walked to church; Matthew drove. The weather was awesome. We ate lunch together at home and talked. We took the dog to the park. I read my book; he played some games. The ice cream man came by; I got us both something. We cooked dinner (he had steak; I had chicken. He grilled both.). He also made potatoes. I cooked zucchini. It was really delicious. We read together on the couch. It just was a really lovely day. The only downsides were that I knocked over Matthew's drink. While we were cleaning that up, Dexter peed in the hallway. He had a lot to drink at the park and hadn't adequately whined or indicated to us that he needed to go out; so we were both frustrated.



Monday, April 19 In the morning I left a card and new t-shirt for Matthew to remember his cousin Alex. It has a peace sign on it in Alex's memory. 

April 20 We had Costco rotisserie chicken, microwaved mac and cheese, and asparagus. We went over to Conte de Fee to try out their treats. We got a slice of cookies 'n cream cake, which I ate 90% of. It was AMAZING. 



Wednesday, April 21 We went to one of our nephew's baseball games because his game was in Sandy! Sadly, he didn't even play since he played on Monday, at an early game we couldn't get to. But it was nice to chat with our SIL even if it was super chilly outside. 

April 22 we went down to Thanksgiving Point to see the Tulip Festival with Jared and Amoreena and her mom. It was nice to meet her mom finally. The tulips were beautiful, although many of them hadn't blossomed yet. 








Friday, April 23 we tried out the Trolley Wing Co in Midvale. Mine was just OK. I don't like that you can only pick one flavor for your wings. And the boneless were a weird texture for me. Felt like weirdly processed chicken chunks, then battered/breaded. 



April 24 was a pretty low-key day. I went to the movies to see Mortal Kombat that night. It was super fun. 

Sunday, April 25 I was struggling emotionally. The start of an emotional week, really. Matthew and I went to breakfast at Midvale Mining Co. He was super excited about his steak. Everything on my end was strictly "OK." I am sad that Coachman's closed, and Johanna's. Thankfully we still have Ruth's. I like standard/basic breakfasts at a good price, but Mining Co really wasn't great for me. That evening we went to Jarrett and Jenn's house for Navajo Tacos with the fam. Not everyone came. We also had to go to the store and buy biscuits since no one signed up to bring those. We were gifted with children's performances, solo by Kaylin, solo by Tori, solo by Violet, duets with Aubrey and Kaylin, and even aunt Jacque joined in. 





April 26 was a quiet Monday at work. I found that Kung Fu tea opened up, so I grabbed myself a Milk Tea Boba, of course. I also indulged myself and got some cake at The Chocolate. We started Ted Lasso on Apple TV, and holy cow I love it so much!


Tuesday, April 27 I was fortunate enough to have a massage again. I picked up some pizza for me and Matthew on my way home. Matthew went and helped his mom pack up her car for her drive to Nauvoo. 

April 28 I got up and got ready for work. I felt awful by the time I got in (not illness, just woman stuff), and realized none of my bosses would be in the office that day. So after I took care of a few things over an hour and a half, I texted and let them know I'd go work from home. It was pretty low-key. I do have a few perpetual projects at work that I have to stay on top of regularly. But it was nice to hang at home. I even took an afternoon break at Twisted Sugar. That evening, we watched Ted Lasso, and got visited by two bishopric members. 


Thursday, April 29 we grilled chicken, made corn on the cob, and finished Ted Lasso. I loved it so much. 

April 30 After work, we went over to Kevin & Brionna's. Thankfully Kevin picked up the kit to cut down on our traffic time. We went to Seven Brothers burgers for dinner first #health. We also did a short walk and took some time before we did our Taste Off. My favorite was the peanut butter bar, but I also loved the cheesecake.




Books I read in April:

Memories in the Drift by Melissa Payne
Crucial Conversations by Kerry Patterson (audiobook)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review