September in Review

Ah, September. A time of new beginnings. Fall. Pumpkin spice, and school starting. We have a few years before we worry about that. But I always enjoyed the start of a school year. 

September 1, I tried to start watching The Crown on Netflix because I really enjoy Call the Midwife and loved Downtown Abbey. I was enjoying it, but was so tired. So I switched it off halfway through the first episode and started to get ready for bed! I also tried two Crumbl cookies - pumpkin and cookie dough. I liked the pumpkin pretty well, but the cookie dough was just OK. The cookie itself didn't taste like anything! They rely too much on their frosting at Crumbl. And honestly, I prefer cookies without frosting, so what gives? 

Thursday, September 2 Matthew and I had an appointment. He's still riding his bike to work, and had to come home in a rainstorm. It was another low-key night where I went to bed early, before 9pm. We are a wild partying couple, I know. 

September 3 I bought us tickets for the State Fair coming up (only $9 each, so fun!). We went to dinner at Itto Sushi. Matthew went to work security downtown. I started to watch In The Heights but couldn't finish because I got too tired. 



Saturday, September 4 I had Orange Theory and did cleaning and laundry. We went up to Midway for Swiss Days with my brother, Amoreena, mom, and grandma. We got there at about 1:30 and then decided to walk the 1 mile over to Swiss Days rather than wait for the shuttle. We could've found closer parking. Now we know. Honestly, it was way too crowded to be enjoyable. We ate right away because I was shaking from low blood sugar. We met up with my mom and grandma and wandered the booths a little. We got in line for the bakery and came home with bread, chocolate cake, pumpkin cake, butter cookies, and something else that Matthew picked. It was fun to see Jared & Amo even just for a few minutes. By 3:30 I was done, so we took the long walk back to the car which destroyed my feet. I didn't wear shoes for the amount of walking we did. And we sat in a lot of traffic on River Road, which sucked. We got back into town about 6:30, just in time for Real Salt Lake traffic, unfortunately. We picked up dinner and watched Ted Lasso. It felt like a really long day. 

September 5 I went to The Bean Yard to read and had the worst cinnamon roll of my life, so that was unfortunate. I had to redeem my breakfast since I ate three bites of a cinnamon roll, and went to Duck Donuts. On my way home I finished listening to Man's Search for Meaning. Matthew finished up some cleaning and did some honey-dos, including fixing the bathroom sink and the toilet paper dispenser. We had a late lunch together outside at Even Stevens. We went to pick up my prescription at Walmart and got groceries at Smith's. He did more shopping at a different Walmart (for his prescriptions) and Harmon's. He brought me home some flowers! So nice. I made us some Mexican Chicken Chili and watched Beauty and the Beast. 







Monday, September 6 was a blessed holiday that we didn't prepare for, so we just stayed in town and took it easy. I did a workout in my home gym and a couple final sets in the clubhouse (since I needed a cable machine). I made breakfast--French toast using the Swiss bread we got, bacon, and an egg. We went to see The Jungle Cruise which we both really enjoyed. On our way back to the car, I realized Presotea was open right by the theater. I had seen ads for it and LOVE boba tea, so we went over. I got a Taro drink and Matthew got a creme brulee drink. After getting home, we watched a documentary on Apple TV. Matthew cooked us burgers for dinner and started making ribs for himself. We watched an episode of Trying. Overall it was a really good holiday. 




September 7 was just a standard workday. But I did sign up for Girls Gone Strong so I could start my CEUs for my CPT due in a few months. I'm excited to start that. I got lots of business done today--lots of doctor messages and phone calls, insurance messages (health and car). Being a grown up is very exciting. After work, Matthew and I went to Harmon's for some dinner stuff. He made us baked ham and swiss croissants. We watched Trying. 

Wednesday, September 8 I had Orange Theory, and we had another appointment. It was a low-key evening at home for us. 

September 9 I took my car for an oil change in the morning, and for whatever reason it took them all day to call me to come get it. I like my new mechanic a lot, but I may just do oil changes at Valvoline or Jiffy Lube if I get to have my car for the day, and it's cheaper. In the evening we met Sunya and Michael for dinner at Chile Tepin. We went to Normal Ice Cream after.


Friday, September 10 I had an appointment in the middle of the day. We had Wingstop at home, to use Matthew's free birthday fries. That evening was the Star Wars symphony. Return of the Jedi! We had to be masked the whole time. And future shows will require that we have a negative test or proof of vaccine. So we'll see how that goes. 



September 11 I went to Orange Theory. Matthew did most of the cleaning. We did laundry. I got groceries and did client check-ins. It was nice to have a cloudy, rainy day. We watched Ted Lasso, of course (WTH Rebecca!). Matthew had plans with friends, and we still only have one car. So he took the car, and I watched a few episodes of The Crown. I'm enjoying it! 

Sunday, September 12 I went to Athena Beans and read a book. I made a stop at Walmart for some birthday supplies for Matthew. And I went to church, including Relief Society. It was a good discussion. I enjoyed it. We just hung out at home and watched LuLaRich on Amazon. 

September 13 was Matthew's birthday! I put streamers on his door, blew up balloons, and set out his present for him. I got him a kouign amann from Gourmandise. I collected comments and messages for him. I took him to dinner at Pago. Hopefully it was a good birthday. 



Matthew's bolognese

Tuesday, September 14 I made us dinner. Matthew didn't feel well that evening. I started reading my Girls Gone Strong book. I had to pack to leave town the next day. I also got Waffle Love, which was disappointing. 


September 15 Matthew took me to work in the morning. I had a few things to do. A coworker drove me to my boss's house so we could fly to Idaho Falls. The flight was short and sweet. Idaho was dang windy, so annoying. We did a couple errands and lunch, and had dinner with the presidents at 6:30 at Smokin' Fins. It was good. That evening everyone went back to the company house to play games and have ice cream, but not me. I stayed in my room and went to bed.  

Thursday, September 16 I used the hotel gym. We had a day-long meeting. Our event coordinator didn't submit my order correctly. I ordered the hot breakfast which comes with eggs and potatoes. When I got into the room we had muffins and bagels, and bacon and sausage. But no eggs or potatoes. I was super stressed and bothered at her; she was really difficult to work with before this happened, so this was the icing on the cake. And since I plan the event, it reflects on me. Part of this was my fault since she put in my order wrong, and it was actually incorrect on the contract which I reviewed and signed. I guess I assumed, "hot breakfast," was pretty straightforward and didn't think to check it. But I was still bugged. She entered it as a continental breakfast. I picked up lunch for everyone which we ate offsite. Dinner was at D'Railed, which was super yummy. 


September 17 I was up before 6 to use the hotel gym. I took Jay & Trudy to the river for their fishing drop off. I took a photo of everyone. I drove straight to our store in Idaho Falls to try and set up their new music box. It took longer than it should've. I was able to connect with a friend from my home ward in Glendora, Ashley. We got Dutch Bros and chatted about all kinds of things. She said some super kind and generous things to me that made me feel so good. I went back to the house and set up the new wireless Internet system. I did lots of other random tasks for work and made some calls. I also did some laundry. I picked up everyone at the river at 4:00; they got in at 4:20. We went to get food and went to the airport to head home. The flight was about 50 minutes. Matthew picked me up at Jay's house. We stopped and got me Village Baker. We watched Ted Lasso. I was wiped out. 


Saturday, September 18 I got up, started some laundry, and did some cleaning before going to Orange Theory. I finished cleaning, showered, and took Matthew to Bountiful for him to get his car, which he was dealing with the rest of the day, really. I got groceries on my way home, did client check-ins, and worked on Girls Gone Strong. I watched The Crown, and Matthew went to see his friend that evening. 

September 19 I finished up my first module of Girls Gone Strong, straightened up the house, and went to church. Kevin and Brionna came over and brought me some hand me down clothes, which I'm so grateful for. We had lunch together at The Habit. I took a bath and fell asleep in the tub. We went to the state fair, which actually wasn't that fun for us this year. I love seeing the animals, but they were almost all gone. I do enjoy the fine art as well. I got deep fried Oreos, and Matthew had a funnel cake. Parking was a disaster, as usual. They had signs saying "lot full" but when we walked up, they were letting people in to park. Not awesome. 




Monday, September 20 I didn't feel very well so I didn't do a workout. Work was insanely busy. We made dinner at home. I got waffles with Kelsey. It was good to catch up with her. 


September 21 I picked up pizza for us. We watched Trying on Apple TV. And I went and got a massage which was lovely, as usual. 

Wednesday, September 22 we got dinner at Cubby's and then went to Cornbelly's Sneak Peek night, and I'm so glad we did. The weather was awesome, and it wasn't crowded at all! We mostly hung out with Kevin, Brionna, and Jace. But we also got to see Jordyn and cutest Owen and Georgia. And then we saw Heather and her kids and new baby, so that was fun to chat with her. 


September 23 I had an appointment in the morning. But we went to see Alanis Morissette at Usana. I had waited so long for that show! It got pushed back from COVID, of course. I'm happy to report that it was amazing, and so so so crowded. 


Friday, September 24 Max had surgery for his bladder stones. Getting him home was an ordeal because his cone doesn't let him fit in his carrier. Thank goodness Mathew was with me to help! He was growling at the back of his cage in the vet, until he realized it was me, then he willingly came to mom. It was really cute, actually. Poor guy. 

September 25 I had a lifting event at Big Mountain Barbell to feel more confident getting into a squat rack, doing a bench press, and doing a heavy deadlift. It was fun because two of my clients came. It was fun to see how strong they are and cheer them on. That day I did cleaning beforehand and check-ins after that. Then we went downtown for dinner at Sawadee, which was kind of a disaster, sadly. 





Sunday, September 26 I went to church, went to our storage, got Starbucks, and went grocery shopping. I decorated for Halloween, too! 

September 27 I went to the gym to deadlift, but the platforms were taken when I needed them--annoying. I had a rough morning realizing I had made some mistakes with our finances. Nothing we can't remedy, but panicky feelings are always a fun time. And Matthew got some bad news about his job that day. Overall, not a great day! But I did get an awesome surprise package in the mail from Shivani. It had some face masks, a mug, a planner, fuzzy socks, a candle, and other cute stuff. So fun and thoughtful!


Tuesday, September 28 I had Orange Theory in the morning. I thought I had an appointment that evening, but I didn't. So we watched Only Murders in the Building. 

September 29 I went to the gym again and actually got to use all the equipment I needed! Sad when that's a big deal. Matthew had a Doobie Brothers concert with his siblings. I got Chili's, watched The Crown, and worked on an anniversary present for Matthew. I was in bed pretty early!

Thursday, September 30 I was up at the crack of dawn to be at our Rehab Conference in West Valley. I helped with check-ins and did some attendance stuff. I picked up something from my doctor's office and then headed back to work. That evening we went to Cornbelly's again. 


Books I read in September:

Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl (audiobook)
The Midnight Library by Matt Haig (audiobook)
You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay (audiobook)
Still reading Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend (audiobook)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review