October in Review

October 1 I picked up donuts for our gender reveal just as a couple. I put together our social media announcement while Matthew's friend Kevin was hanging at our house. I posted the announcement and went to a wax appointment. It was fun to get all the likes and comments on that announcement. Matthew cooked some ground turkey for spaghetti for us for dinner. 

Saturday, October 2 we did cleaning and laundry. I went to Orange Theory. We watched morning session of general conference. After showering, I was super tired, so Matthew did the grocery shopping and made me nap. He helped out a friend for a few hours that day. I did client check-ins. I went to Old Navy for baby stuff, and hoped to find maternity clothes, but they didn't have anything in store. I went to Target and got some ultra high rise workout leggings and a baseball for our announcement. I stopped at storage and picked up my fall/winter clothes. We had a late night dinner at In-N-Out. 

October 3 I made some pumpkin rolls. We got ready and tried to go to Alpine Loop, but the rest of Utah beat us to it. It was too crazy, so we turned around. We took my grandma's letter board back to her since we were there. We went to Murray Park and took some photos for a pregnancy announcement. It went pretty well for DIY photos. We did our Zoom announcement with family and a couple of close friends. We posted it online immediately after, so I stayed up too late watching for comments and messages. 



Monday, October 4 I got up and went on a walk. Matthew had a concert that evening. I made a simple announcement to print out and put up at work. An email sounded too weird and self-centered. 

October 5 I went to the gym; it was leg press day. Max had a vet appointment which Matthew took him to. He got new food and an antibiotic prescription. 

Wednesday, October 6 we ate leftovers and went to Mabey's Pumpkin Patch in South Jordan. We were both so impressed. I had so much fun picking out pumpkins, and can't believe that we got all we did for $27. So awesome. 



October 7 I went to the gym; it was bench press day. I was happy because it was an otherwise short workout. I went to Cornbelly's with Rachel that evening. 


Friday, October 8 I was way too sore and tired to go to the gym, so I walked around my neighborhood in the morning before the all-day rain came. We had our appointment at The Birth Center! We got to hear the heartbeat of our growing boy. That evening, we had a free movie screening of 007 No Time to Die, thrown by my realtor friend Tawni Schall. Matthew was able to help her out with some suggestions personally, which I hope end up being of some kind of help. 

October 9 I had Orange Theory. We cleaned and did laundry. I showered and did client check-ins. I went to Costco, then the vet to get Max's medicine, and then Smith's. We packed up, took Dexter to Jim's house in Bountiful, and got to the hotel at about 4:45. We got ready for dinner and drove over to Caffe Molise. It took a long time for our food, and Matthew's pasta was undercooked, which was a bummer for him. I also thought the lack of dressing on the salad was strange. But I really enjoyed my entree. The tiramisu was awesome as well. We went back to the hotel by about 8:30 and exchanged gifts. I got Matthew a new ring that fits him (his original was too big), and he wrote me a sweet letter. He was disappointed that The Grand America didn't carry out his request. He asked for cider, chocolate covered strawberries, a card, and flowers to be placed in the room while we were at dinner; he even confirmed before we left. I will be honest, the Grand America was disappointing in a few ways other than this. I think an alarm in the room had low batteries; it was flashing all night. She supposedly noted an 11:30am check out, but the cleaning people tried to come in at 11:05am. I don't know, it just felt like a lot of money for them to miss details. 




Sunday, October 10 after leaving the hotel at 11:30, we went to get Dexter. We got home and unloaded the car. We exchanged more gifts. He had a map made of where we talked in his car on our first or second date. He labeled it, "When I knew I would marry you." I got him our vows and a photo printed on poster paper. After that, I lay down to try to take a nap; it didn't work. I got up and went on a walk and closed my activity ring (that's hard for me while walking). We ate leftovers and watched Ted Lasso. I also started the newest season of Walking Dead; I had totally forgotten about it. I was in bed by 9:10pm! 





October 11 I was up early and at the gym. We had planned a Cornbelly's visit, but with rain scheduled in the evening we stayed home. I made pumpkin cake, and we watched more Walking Dead. 

Tuesday, October 12, I had a massage. 

October 13 I went to Orange Theory in the morning. I made kielbasa for dinner. I met Brittney at Waffle Love to buy her birthday dinner. She wanted chicken and waffles, and I got dessert. 

Thursday, October 14 was cold and rainy, so we skipped Cornbelly's again! We had pizza and watched Walking Dead. I was in bed at 9. My life is ruled by making this baby, honestly. 

October 15 the weather was finally nicer, so we went to Cornbelly's. I had a much busier day at work than I expected, and was glad for the week to be over. We mostly spent time by the fire. 

Saturday, October 16 we had our Sugar High Dessert Festival event. (Plus normal Saturday things: cleaning, laundry, client check-ins). Kristine brought her son Cole to the event, and it was fun to see her and how big her son has gotten. I got really tired, and my feet hurt, but I used all except one ticket! I think they need more space and more direction for how the lines go. There was a lot of overlap. 




October 17 we went to breakfast at Black Bear Diner and got groceries. I got a lot done: 30 minute walk, boiled eggs and made egg salad, and made sugar cookie dough. We watched Dark Shadows. Matthew went to his friend's house, and I went to Starbucks wearing his sweats. I encountered a rude guy who said to his lady friend (while giving me a side eye), "She should be embarrassed." So that was fun. But I took my drink home and finished chapter 3 of Girls Gone Strong. I also watched Walking Dead. 


Monday, October 18 I went to the gym for leg press day. It was fun. Work was busier than I anticipated. Lots of random things came up. That day was cold, rainy, and windy, so we stayed home and had soup  and watched Halloween movies instead of going to Cornbelly's. 

October 19 we took dinner to Kevin and Brionna to meet their new little baby. We got Apollo Burger and hung out for a couple of hours. 

Wednesday, October 20 Matthew went shooting with friends, and I just hung out on the couch and went to bed early. 

October 21 I went to dinner at Blaze Pizza and then to Cornbelly's with Rachel. It was insanely busy!

Friday, October 22 I waited 45 minutes to get one vial of blood drawn. Such an ordeal competing with all the old people and people doing fasted blood work. That night we saw Dune at the theater. We really enjoyed it!

October 23 was a standard Saturday to start: cleaning, laundry, OrangeTheory, and grocery shopping. That evening, we had our pumpkin taste off with Brittney and Tyler. It was fun to hang with them. 




Tuesday, October 26 I had a wax appointment with a new girl, and honestly it was awful. I need my normal lady! 

October 27 Matthew did me the huge favor of making a pot of chili for me to take to work on Friday for the chili cook-off. I was tired after work, and wouldn't have time on Thursday. so his help meant a lot. He also made corn bread. We also watched Venom, which I hadn't seen before!

Thursday, October 28 Matthew and I went to J Dawg's and Cornbelly's. Once again it was way too busy. So we used the rest of our punch cards and left for the season. 

October 29 was our potluck at work. I didn't have a costume except for this skeleton shirt, so that's what I wore. That evening we went to dinner at Red Robin. We watched Ghostbusters 2. 


Saturday, October 30 was a standard Saturday to start: cleaning, laundry, Orange Theory, and then I picked up the donuts for our taste off and got groceries at Smith's. Around 5pm we had a donut taste off; we both loved Lehi Bakery's old fashioned (no surprise). That evening we went to the Back to the Future Symphony. Matthew had someone really stinky sit next to him, so we had to move at Intermission. 



October 31 we carved our pumpkins, and Matthew tried to go to his mom's storage unit but couldn't get what he needed. I tried to go to Anytime Fitness to check it out, but it's a small gym and not staffed on Sunday, so I have to go another day. We had dinner at Whitney and Ethan's house--mini chicken pot pies, and they were so good. 







October is always intentionally a pretty busy month, and one of my favorites. 

Books I read in October:

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey (audiobook)
Big Magic by Liz Gilbert (audiobook)
The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend (audiobook)
The Bomber Mafia by Malcolm Gladwell (audiobook)

Goodreads shows me at 30/36 books for the year (it counted one of the same titles I read twice). So I want to do seven more books to hit my goal. I am on track to read four books in November and three in December to hit 36 books for 2021. I wouldn't be able to do it without audiobooks, honestly. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review