January in Review

New Year's Day was a really good day for us. I took the day off of working out because I wrecked my body on Friday by overdoing it. I was in a lot of pain, especially with back spasms. I spent time building client workouts on Trainerize, and did client check-ins. We went to the movies to see Spiderman, which we both really enjoyed. We hung out at home for a bit before heading to a late dinner: Red Lobster. It's become a bit of a New Year's tradition for us; we always have a gift card to use. We had a great conversation where Matthew shared some of his 2022 goals with me. 

Sunday, January 2 was a quiet day at home. I got a Starbucks and worked on my Girls Gone Strong certification. I actually completed it, so I am officially a Certified Pre and Postnatal Coach. I walked on the treadmill (body felt much better), as we watched the Harry Potter Reunion on HBO. It was so good! Matthew helped his friend out with his car. 

Flowers Matthew brought home that afternoon


January 3 got off to a rough start because my dinosaur iPod froze up, causing my alarm not to go off in the morning. Thankfully I woke up in time for work. I worked a lot on getting an LLC established to be able to help out Big Mountain Barbell with some work. Work that day was super frustrating. That evening I picked up my key card for Big Mountain Barbell to start exercising there, so that was exciting. I also picked up Waffle Love for myself. 

Tuesday, January 4 I woke up after another super rough night of back spasms; I lifted too heavy on NYE and hurt my back. I got insurance for personal training. That evening we had a free sandwich from Firehouse Subs for the T-Mobile app, so we had a cheap date night. I tried a salt bath for my back that night. 

January 5 I got my business license from Sandy City. That evening I made cupcakes for Jenn's baby shower. The frosting was from scratch. The best thing that happened is that we bought a new mattress (split king adjustable base) from a wholesaler on KSL. They brought beds straight to our house. It was so nice! That first night I slept on the twin XL set up in the living room so I could have it sitting up for all of my back spasms. It was hard to fall asleep, mostly because of my idiot cat. But eventually I did get some sleep. 


Thursday, January 6 I went to my grandma's house and hung out with her and my mom after work. Mom made me dinner, so that was super nice. I went to my sister in law Jenn's baby shower after work. It was fun to chat with everyone. While I was gone, Matthew set up our new bed. He had to play musical beds--take out the mattress from the guest room, move the master mattress over to the guest room, and move the new beds into the master. Lots of work, but he did it. 

January 7 was pretty uneventful. I got a business license from Sandy City. We watched Boba Fett that night. 

Saturday, January 8 I cleaned and did laundry and client check-ins. Matthew went to a gun show. We went to a two hour breastfeeding class at The Birth Center, looked at a furniture outlet, and had dinner at Itto Sushi. We also went to Big Lots after dinner for fun. We watched Kim's Convenience on Netflix, and Matthew got us dessert. 

January 9 was a quiet day at home. Matthew went to the gun show and spent time with Kevin. I got groceries and continued writing to my baby. I've been trying to write regularly during pregnancy to have a record of all I'm experiencing. I also worked on the rest of the questions for grandma to complete on StoryWorth. Kevin came over with Matthew and got us started on the show Imposters, which immediately hooked me. We got pizza and got through seven episodes of that. The missionaries came by that evening. 

Put on some hand me down jeans that looked decent!
(I did end up pulling them up all day though; too big)

Monday, January 10 my back finally felt better, and I went to Big Mountain Barbell for the first time to get in a lifting session. It was fun! It's getting increasingly hard to get up and down from the floor or from sitting, and even kind of hard to lift up my legs while standing. We took my mom to dinner at Bona Vita for her birthday, and had German chocolate cake at my grandma's. 


January 11 I got Waffle Love with Brittney. It was good to catch up with her. I'm always terrible at getting a photo of us. 

Wednesday, January 12 I picked up donuts for work since it was donut and hot chocolate day. I had neither because that afternoon, I had another midwife appointment along with my glucose test. It went fine, but I didn't get my results until Friday 1/14. I made us dinner, and we watched Boba Fett. 



January 13 I walked before work. I had a meeting for Big Mountain Barbell after work, with lots of technical difficulties. I also was trying to deal with a work emergency with an employee staying at a company home, while trying to be present in the meeting. Not the most fun I've had. I learned that night it was the start of Mercury Retrograde, so that explained a lot. 

Friday, January 14 I did squats for the first time since the end of November. They went well! I tested wifi in my clubhouse so I could prepare for Zoom. We watched Imposters. 

January 15 I went back to Orange Theory for the first time since the end of October. More importantly, I had my first ever baby shower at my community clubhouse. Originally, Kristen was going to do this for me, but she came down with COVID the Monday before. So Brittney stopped by to pick up what Kristen had ready, and took over the rest of the plans and setup. It was a fun time. Kristine came and helped set up. Rachel, Cara, Julie, Brionna, Emma, and Natalie all came. And Kelsey, Kristen, Kirsty, and Sunya joined on Zoom. It was fun to see everyone, and I'm so grateful when people take time out of their lives (especially a Saturday) to spend time with me. 










Sunday, January 16 I had breakfast at Sweet Lake Biscuits with Brianne since she was briefly in town from Colorado. I wrote thank you cards to those who sent me shower gifts which took quite a while. Overall it was a pretty low-key Sunday where I was stuck inside due to air quality. 

January 17 was just a normal day of gym, work, and dinner at home. 

Tuesday, January 18 I had a wax appointment and got Crave cookies afterward. Matthew went to a late night hang out with his brothers in Lehi. 

January 19 I had an ultrasound in the morning; she tried to get us a 3D image of his face, but he would not move his hands away from his face. I went to a CPR class that evening so I could renew my CPT. I wanted to get it done before baby comes, and before birthing classes start. 




Thursday, January 20 I had a busy workday. That evening, I had another meeting at Big Mountain Barbell to get started on projects. We watched Boba Fett. 

January 21 we went out to dinner at Buca di Beppo, and got dessert from Conte de Fee. We came home and watched Imposters. 


Saturday, January 22 was a normal Saturday (cleaning, laundry, groceries, client check-ins), but I also had a long consultation with a former client/neighbor who wants to get started again. We got Costco pizza for dinner because we're fancy. 

January 23 was a low-key Sunday. I made breakfast, got Tres Gatos coffee, read Cribsheet, and walked on the treadmill because of bad air. I watched Encanto and Moana. 

Monday, January 24 I had a busy day at work. That evening Matthew and I shared a dessert at Leatherby's. 



January 25 was another busy workday with meetings and dealing with fleet car maintenance. I made dinner, and we watched Imposters. 

Wednesday, January 26 I did squats at the gym. I had a dentist appointment--no cavities, but that's without x-rays to check, of course. We had leftovers and watched Imposters. 


January 27 We had another Birth Center appointment. We got dinner at El Gallo Loco for Dianne's birthday. Everyone who came: Jim, Tiffany, Jacque, Jordyn & kids, Jarrett, Glen, aunt Cheryl, and Uncle Steve. My burrito unfortunately had too many onions, and my pregnant mouth can't deal with that. But the queso and guac appetizers were super good. 


Friday, January 28 We had Wing Stop for dinner and then got Sodalicious. We watched Boba Fett after. 

January 29 was actually a much quieter Saturday than normal, since Matthew started the cleaning on Friday. I went to Orange Theory and did laundry. I tried to take a nap since I was toddler tired. Matthew went with some kind neighbors to take our headboard to storage. I got Dutch Bros. We watched Imposters, and dealt with some obstacles for Matthew's Texas mortgage license. 

Sunday, January 30 was a quiet day. I made breakfast again. We went to Smith's. I updated our white board calendar, walked on the treadmill, and made some brownies. Matthew went to Costco, Quick Quack car wash, and Ocean Mart. Matthew and I both did some reading in preparation for the boy's arrival in April. We walked down the street to take brownies and a card to our neighbor who helped us the day before. We watched Tombstone and ate leftovers. 

January 31 I did some demos for Big Mountain Barbell to get an idea of gym management software they could use. It was a quiet day generally. Matthew made dinner, and we finished the second (last) season of Imposters. 

Overall, I feel like we didn't do much this month, so I don't have many photos. Plus, I'm not loving photos of myself these days, honestly. 

In January I read:

Cilka's Journey by Heather Morris (audiobook)
More Than a Body by Lexie and Lindsay Kite (audiobook)
Anxious People by Fredrik Backman (audiobook) - finished on Feb 1, but counting it for January. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review