July in Review

July 1 AJ slept until 6:30. It was a miracle. I cleaned, did a full body workout, and did three loads of laundry. I got photos off of my phone. I took AJ swimming. I talked to a mom with an eight month old at the pool; she had a homebirth. It was fun to talk to her. I watched Outlander and got some bees tickets. 

July 2 I woke up at 5:30 for some reason. We went on a walk, did breakfast, and meal prep. I posted my GBOMB. I went to Smith's and Dutch Bros. We did AJ's lunch and then I took a nap. After that I took the baby to my grandma's house to see her and my aunt. And a lot of cousins came by. We did dinner and bedtime. Matthew and I watched Creed 3.

AJ took my pads and distributed them in the hallway

AJ and his grammy

July 3 I was up at 6 o'clock. I lifted weights. Did breakfast. I went to work, picked up a dresser at IKEA, and drove through Swig. I went to swim class with AJ. He had a great day with his Grammy and other family going to some waterfalls. We did dinner and bedtime. I watched Gilmore girls. 



July 4 I was pretty low-key. We went on a walk, and I also ran a mile. I took AJ to the pool after his first nap, but it was overcast and a little bit windy, not super fun. We watched the first episode of the Witcher. Matthew left to get us many snacks: ice cream, popcorn, dinner at Mo Bettahs. I took AJ outside, and sadly he fell and hit his head while he ran to his dad. 

AJ's flag outfit

Holding hands on our walk

My new betta, Rip Van Finkle

July 5 I woke up at six after sleeping terribly due to fireworks and my dreams. I did leg day. Work was productive. I went and got raw milk at the Redmond farm truck. We did dinner time, went outside, and did bedtime. We watched the next episode of the Witcher. Notable moment: AJ joined our bedtime kiss again. He is jabbering so much lately. And he loves his new ring stacker toy. 

July 6 I went on a run. I worked from home. We went to the pool in the evening. I watched the Witcher. AJ joined our bedtime kiss! 

July 7 I went on a walk with the baby. A man was lying on the sidewalk, and I did not know if he was OK or what to do, so I called the police. I went to the Salt Lake running company to get some electrolyte tablets. And I met up with Matthew's brother, his wife, and two of their daughters at Oakwood Fire Kitchen Draper. Matthew and I went to USANA amphitheater to see Fall Out Boy. It was so fun. 



July 8 we went on a walk, I did laundry and clean the house. I took AJ to lunch with me at the Habit. We went to the pool.


July 9 AJ slept pretty late. I did breakfast prep, went to Smith's, and Dutch Bros. We went to the pool. I felt really busy, but somehow looked at my day and felt like I did not really get anything done. I did pack my bag to go be a Doula for my friend in Las Vegas. We watched pirates of the Caribbean, the way way back, and the Witcher. 

July 10 I lifted weights. I worked. We did our normal evening routine. I made brownies and watched Gilmore girls.

July 11 we went on a walk. I went to work. I took AJ to the pool and did our normal evening routine. We also watched Doctor Who. 

July 12 I lifted weights and went to work. Normal evening. 

July 13 we went on a walk, and I worked from home. I got Little Caesars for dinner. Normal evening routine. Watched Gilmore girls.  

Mr. Bedhead after our walk

July 14 we went on a walk. I worked early in the day. I took AJ to the splash pad for his first time. He loved it. I assembled an IKEA dresser by myself. We went to Nothing Bundt Cakes and M & C burger. We FaceTimed grandpa.



July 15 we went on a walk. I overhauled AJ's bedroom, pulled out the old dresser, switched the clothes from the old dresser over to the new one, packed away small clothes, gave away the diaper changing table, and set up his bookshelf. I wish I had taken some before photos. I did some errands and watched a couple of shows.




July 16 Matthew had the baby in the morning so I could sleep in a little bit. I cleaned the inside of my car. While I was doing that, I heard Matthew yell from the balcony. I accidentally locked him onto the balcony 😂 I went to get my car washed. I did laundry. I went to Smith's and Donut Star. Matthew's friend Kevin came over with his kids. I took the baby to the pool, and cut up watermelon.  

July 17  I lifted weights, went to work, set a mechanic appointment for an oil change. I took AJ to swim class. And we did our normal evening routine. 

July 18 we went on a walk, and I went to work. We went to the bees game with Cameron and Mariah while my mom watched the baby. 



July 19 we went on a short walk. I took my car to the mechanic, and I ended up getting my car at 1 o'clock and going straight to Las Vegas. Unfortunately I missed Kelsey's birth! I did what I could to help them when I got there, cleaning sheets and running errands. 

July 20 I obviously did not get much sleep with a newborn baby in the room, as expected. I went to Costco for Kelsey's family, grabbed a smoothie, and headed back to Utah. I got home at 7 o'clock. 


July 21 I walked. I took AJ to breakfast at Eggs in the City. It was so good! I worked during AJ's nap and then some. I cleaned the fish tank, started the weekend cleaning, listened to my audiobook, and did our normal evening routine. We watched Doctor Who and I watched Outlander. 

Beautiful boy at breakfast

July 22 I lifted weights. I did laundry and cleaned the house while Matthew tried to figure out why our laundry room smelled like gas. AJ took a good nap. I took a nap as well. I took him to the pool and caught up with an old friend from church who was at the pool which was fun. We did our normal evening routine. I watched Gilmore girls. 

July 23 Matthew took the monitor for the night, but I still got up at 7:30. We went as a family to Bohemian Brewery for breakfast. It was just OK. My dad drove down from Logan to hang out for a couple of hours. We went and got groceries while AJ took a nap. After my dad left we went to the farmers market. Normal evening routine.  


July 24 I lifted weights, did AJ's breakfast, got Starbucks, and put on a movie while I hand grated the raw coconut we bought. I dried it in the oven. AJ and I met Matthew at Southtowne mall, where we went to Bath & Body Works, and we went to lunch as a family at Chili's. I took AJ to swim class, and then did our normal evening routine. I watched Gilmore girls.  


July 25 we went on a walk. I went to work and stopped at the store. Normal evening routine. We watched Doctor Who.

Sunrise

July 26 I did leg day, worked, and went to Roxberry, and got raw milk at the truck. Normal evening routine while Matthew worked.


July 27 I went on a walk and took AJ to his 15 month pediatrician appointment which was good. I got Starbucks and then worked at home. Normal evening routine. 

July 28 I did yoga, worked, and took AJ to my grandma's to help my mom make a reel. I got raising canes. Normal bedtime routine. I watched the Witcher. 


July 29 we went on a walk. I did laundry, cleaned the house, went to the vet to pick up cat food, and went to Starbucks. AJ took a terrible nap. We went to the pool at 3:30. Normal bedtime routine. Matthew got us Wingstop and we watched Doctor Who.

Getting into his books

July 30 AJ and I went on a walk. We went to Smith's and Donut Star. I got ready and drove to Logan to meet my nephew Jude. I got there at 11:30 and headed back home at 1:45. It was good to chat with Jared about our family and our parenting goals. While I was gone, AJ finally took a good two hour nap! After I got home, we just hung out as a family. I realized I had three mosquito bites from standing outside in Logan for a few minutes. I made banana pancakes for AJ for the week. Normal evening routine.




July 31 I lifted weights and went to work. Matthew took AJ to swim class. Normal evening routine. 

Overall I'm really happy with the way we've gotten out and to the pool so often. It's hard to make myself get out because it's so hot. But it's always worth it. 

Books I read in July:

  • Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win by Jocko Willink (audiobook)
  • Life in Five Senses by Gretchen Rubin (audiobook)
  • A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith (audiobook)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review