October in Review

October 1 we woke up around 6:30 and watched nightmare before Christmas. We all took a nap. I took AJ to Walmart with me. I listened to most of Viola Davis' memoir. It was so good. 



October 2 AJ and I were up at 6:00. I was busy preparing for our rehab conference at work. AJ spent the day at his grandmas' house. It was a normal evening at home, and I ended the day watching Riverdale. 





October 3 I walked on the treadmill. It was just a normal day. 

October 4 I did leg day. Work was busy as I had to set up for the rehab conference at the hotel. I played with AJ and did bedtime. Matthew picked us up dinner and we watched Couples Retreat. 

October 5 I was up early for the rehab conference. It mostly went well. I played with my baby and had a fairly normal evening, hard conversations aside. 

October 6 I was up early again for the second day of the rehab conference. I took AJ outside and spent time with him. I started on the cleaning and laundry.





October 7 and I was up at 6:00 and finished cleaning, plus did laundry. We went to Cornbelly's. I listened to the Shining. I met up with some of Matthew's family at Oak Wood Fire Kitchen for dinner. It was followed by a fairly normal evening at home. 










October 8 I was up at 6:00, going through coupons and watching Disney cartoons. We went as a family to breakfast at black bear diner and drove half of the Alpine Loop. Matthew got groceries while AJ and I took a nap. We went to Chad and Jordyn's for Olive's baby blessing. AJ had so much fun playing with his cousins.









October 9 AJ was up all night. He was with me from 2:30 to 6:30. Work was busy. We got some bad news about Matthew's job at integrity first lending. We made Mexican chicken chili and started watching Nope. 

October 10 was our anniversary. I lifted weights in the morning. I went to work like normal. We went to dinner as a family at Itto Sushi. I made banana bread. We opened our leather gifts.




October 11 I went on a 1 mile run and started packing for St. George. Work was pretty busy. Matthew was working so I handled the evening alone. I started pre-trip laundry.


October 12 I was up at 6:20 after a rough night with the baby for both me and Matthew. I went on a walk, and worked from home. I took AJ to swim class. I finished reading the Shining. And I showed our neighbors how to take care of Max while we would be in St. George. I finished packing as well.




October 13 I was up at 5:40. AJ slept until 7:00. We got breakfast and hit the road close to 9:00. We got to St. George at 1:40. I had to call because the code for the lock was not working. AJ was sick the whole way down to St. George. He was very sleepy, lethargic, and not eating. He had a really bad fever that evening, which was really disconcerting for me. Thank goodness for Shivani bringing us an extension cord so we could plug in AJ's monitor and sound machine in the closet. 




October 14 I was up at 2:00 and 5:00 pretty much. I took AJ on a walk, and then went on a run by myself. We went to pink box donuts and saw shadows of the eclipse. We stopped at Walmart for a couple of things, got food for Matthew, and stopped at Perks for me. AJ fell asleep in the car on the way back, and then refused an actual nap completely, which was actually really stressful. Shivani, Michael, and Elayna came over. We went to the lazy river, got dinner, and hung out. We tried to watch Nope, but AJ woke up and would not settle down until I came down and had him sleep next to me. 






October 15 I was up at 7:00, and took a bath in the large tub. AJ woke up and joined me. He finally ate a decent meal. We packed up, did laundry, and pulled out of the house at 11:00. We made a couple of stops and were finally on the road by 11:42. We stopped and ate in Fillmore. We got home at about 5:00 and had a pretty normal evening at home with the addition of unpacking. 




October 16 AJ woke up at 4:00 but slept until 7:00. I lifted weights and had a busy day at work. My mom assembled AJ's toy bins. I moved into his room and put all of his toys in there. It was a normal evening at home, but AJ struggled to fall asleep.




October 17 I was awake between two and three to AJ screaming. I still went on a run. Work was busy. Matthew took AJ to the doctor, where we found out that he had hand foot mouth which he got from his cousins on Sunday. That's why he was so sad on Friday on our way to St. George, and why he was not sleeping well. I picked up groceries after work. I gave AJ a frankincense bath. I made cake, cleaned up, did bedtime, and just generally had a normal evening at home.

October 18 I woke up at 6:10 and did leg day. AJ woke up around midnight and 5:00 but slept until 7:00. Work was busy with some errands. It was a normal evening at home, plus I made frosting for the cake I made the night before.

October 19 I was up early and walked for 25 minutes. I worked from home. Matthew took AJ to swim class. Dianne came over and helped. We went to the pumpkin patch in the evening.











October 20 We were up all night with AJ from 12:30 to 4:00. I tried to sleep with AJ for a little while, which did not work. Unfortunately, Matthew left his phone in the baby's room. He keeps his alarm at the highest volume possible. So it went off at 7:00, waking AJ and me up. I probably don't need to explain how I felt about this event. I did some work from home. Matthew went to the kitchen. I took AJ to dinner at Chili's. I did some random deep cleaning like the dish rack, AJ's bottle rack, and the drying mat under the dish rack. I listened to the Witches. Lots of Halloween books this month.





October 21 I was up at 5:45, and officially 6:15 when some psycho was laying on his car horn and driving backwards down our street. I am so sick of living here. I lifted weights. We went grocery shopping. My mom came over to watch AJ while I was supposed to go to Gardner Village for witches night out. It was insane, and we only stayed for 30 minutes before leaving to eat at Macaroni Grill.


Mom, me, Juliet, Tiffany

Mom, me, Aubrey, Jacque, Ava, Annabelle, Shelley, Juliet, Tiffany

October 22 I was up at 6:00. I watched Hocus Pocus 1&2. I made biscuits from a can, scrambled egg cups, Mexican chicken chili, garlic ginger honey, and bone broth. I felt very domestic today. I went on a walk and went to Starbucks. I put on Practical Magic. Joyce came by to say hello. It was fun to see her. 




October 23 AJ woke up at 11 and two. But also our idiot neighbors were outside on the street making noise at 2:00 in the morning. Work was crazy. We finished watching Nope finally and also watched an episode of Upload.

October 24 I was up at six. Lifted weights. We went to Cornbelly's after work, and had a normal evening after bedtime.






October 25 I was up at 6:10 and did a 20 minute walk alone. Work was busy. We went to Cornbelly's again, followed by a normal evening at home. 


October 26 I was up at 6:00 and lifted weights. I took AJ to his 18 month appointment. It snowed as we left, and he thought the snow was bubbles. Matthew took AJ to swim. My mom got sick and let us know she would not be able to watch AJ for us to go to the Harry Potter symphony. I asked a bunch of people and posted online to try to find somebody to watch him. We were just about to walk out the door to dinner when our neighbor Ashley texted offering to help us. Other than not having time to eat, it worked out perfectly. I was so glad that we got to go. So grateful for her.  





October 27 AJ was basically awake from 2:50 to 4:15. We slept until 7:30 or so. I walked on the treadmill, showered, and did a few hours of work at home. I cleaned the house during bedtime. I did three loads of laundry. And I started and finished a book. Matthew came home to help for a little while before going back to the kitchen.






October 28 I woke up at 7 (but went to bed too late), and AJ at 7:20. I put the couch covers back on, lifted weights, did AJ's breakfast, showered, and got groceries and Dutch. I did client check ins and two loads of my own laundry. Matthew had catering in the afternoon. I ended up working on my blog and writing something else that's been on my mind for a while. We took something to Matthew at the event he was working, and picked up pizza. Normal evening with bedtime etc. 



October 29 felt like a lazy day. We watched Goonies and Coco. I boiled some eggs for AJ for the week. I took a nap, and then Matthew took a nap. I took AJ to Trader Joe's in Sandy to check it out; so nice! We learned AJ loves seaweed chips. 

Just part of the haul

October 30 I lifted weights and went to work. We carved pumpkins, and I stayed up way too late making sugar cookies. 

A happy Jack Skellington



October 31 I walked on the treadmill before work. It was a pretty normal workday plus a potluck. After work, we went to my grandma's house. My mom made chili and cornbread, and we took AJ trick or treating. He was a hit! 










Books I read in October:
-Finding Me by Viola Davis (audiobook)
-The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday (audiobook)
-The Shining by Stephen King (audiobook)
-The Lost Girls of Willowbrook by Ellen Marie Wiseman (audiobook)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November GBOMB

November in Review