April in Review

April 1 I lifted upper body. It was a rough night with AJ, but Matthew mostly dealt with it. I took AJ to my mom's. We stopped at Nothing Bundt Cakes on our way home. It was a normal evening with dinner, clean up, bath time, bedtime, and homework (CEUs for my personal trainer certification). 

April 2 I did leg day, which was brutal. I had a pelvic floor PT appointment, which was also brutal. She did some cupping and dry needling on my inner thighs and upper glutes. It was kind of awful, I won't lie. That evening I did AJ's dinner and clean up, took him outside, and did his bedtime. I took a bath and read my book to try and help my body deal with the workout soreness and dry needling. 

April 3 I actually let myself sleep in. I got in a short walk before work, and a couple of walks during work. I wrote my GBOMB and worked on my budget. After work I took AJ outside, gave him a bath, and put him to bed. I finished my paperback while taking a bath!

April 4 I did an upper body strength workout. Work from home was fine. We went to Cameron and Mariah's for dinner, which was so nice of them. I did bedtime. 


April 5 I worked a few hours at home. We went as a family to Del Barrio Cafe for lunch. It was spendy but so yummy. Matthew had been up with AJ several times during the night, so he took a nap during AJ's nap. I cleaned and listened to my audiobook. I tried to go to Chip Cookies, but they were closed for some reason. We watched Princess Bride and had a normal evening. 


April 6 I went to High Fitness and got groceries. I went to Savers during AJ's nap and got 2 tops, 2 pairs of jeans, and 3 pants for work, plus 2 pants for Matthew. Five of the seven items I got worked great. One top was a little big, and one pair of Matthew's pants was small.  


April 7 I got to sleep in, walked on the treadmill, and met Rachel at Jordan Commons to see Dune 2 in IMAX. We got Slackwater pizza for lunch afterward. I took AJ outside for an hour; thankfully it wasn't windy for a change. I finished my audiobook and need a break from suspense/thrillers for a while. 


April 8 AJ woke up several times between 4 and 6am. I went in at 4, and he asked for me to hold him and to come to my bed. I told him no. I still feel a little bad about it. But when he comes to my bed, he thinks it's play time and won't sleep. I woke up at 5:30, lifted upper body, and took AJ to my mom's house. Work was fun because we had an eclipse party. I wish I got to see the total eclipse, but even the partial one was so cool. Dang clouds really interfered, though. I took AJ to the food truck league after work for dinner, but it was too cold and too much for me to handle by myself, so we took our food home. I gave him a bath and did bedtime. 




April 9 I got up and did dreaded leg day (same brutal one from a week prior). My workday was actually busier, which is good. And we extended another executive assistant offer, thank goodness. Fingers crossed this one works out. In the evening I took AJ outside, cleaned up dinner, and did bedtime. Matthew and I watched Doctor Who.

April 10 I got up and went outside for a walk while I did DuoLingo. Work was busy in a good way. It was a normal evening at home with tidying, going outside, dinner time, bath, and bedtime. 

April 11 was my work from home day. Dianne took AJ to see baby goats and chicks after his nap. Unfortunately, he reached up and touched the warming lamp above the baby chicks, and blistered his fingertips. It was kind of a rough evening with that struggle. I went to Nothing Bundt Cakes to use a coupon and then went to Zurcher's but was unsuccessful in finding what I needed for his party. But I went next door to Trader Joe's after, so all was not lost. 


April 12 AJ woke up before 6:00. I lifted weights and worked 1/2 day. I did some laundry and cleaning. AJ and I ran lots of errands to UPS, walmart, smiths, and little caesars. We ate dinner and went outside. It was a normal evening at home with bedtime, dishes, cleaning, and i did some homework. I read a book in the bath.

 


April 13 was really busy period I took AJ on a morning walk. I did laundry. We decided to go to the zoo with our friends. AJ fell asleep in his car seat on the way home but thankfully transferred to his crib. I wrapped his birthday presents and finished up some of his party decorations. We spent time outside, went to visit Kelsey who was visiting from Las Vegas. I did a few final preparations for his birthday party.

 





April 14 I was up at 6:00 with AJ and made him pancakes. I got to go on a walk alone. During nap time, I loaded everything into my car and headed to Costco to pick up cake. I set up everything at my mom's. Matthew brought a Jay over after his nap. We had a huge turnout for his birthday party. He did cooperate with opening some presents, but not all of them. We did not sing happy birthday because he still does not like that. Clean up took us a while. After bedtime I organized all of his gifts and clothes. It was a busy day that I was happy to have over with.

 





AJ and cousin Jude



April 15 I was up at 5:40 and lifted weights. Work was busy. I picked up AJ from my momma's house. We got dinner at zupas since it was cloudy and rainy. I did bath time and bedtime solo.

 




April 16 I was up at 5:40 for leg day. Work was good. We had our team lunch at Chubby’s. I stopped at Smiths after work and did normal evening stuff. I worked on homework after bedtime.

April 17 I woke up at 5:40 and went on a walk. Work was busy. We went out to Buca di Beppo as a family for dinner. We did bath time and bedtime.

April 18 I woke up at 5:45 and lifted weights. We took AJ to his doctor appointment which went well. I worked from home with Dianne here. It was a normal evening of dinner, bedtime, and tidying. I posted it on social media for AJ's birthday and finished my audio book. Nothing else really marked the day as special unfortunately.

April 19 I was up at 6:00 and lifted weights, leg day. I made breakfast and worked in the living room. It was a rough day with AJ as he was throwing a lot of tantrums. We went to the Tulip festival with my mom. I had a really bad cough all day. I did some cleaning and laundry.





April 20 I had severe allergies and was pretty miserable. I had a hard time getting moving and was on the couch for a lot of the morning. I did end up getting up and taking a grocery shopping period we also went on a short walk. I did laundry and we went to get pizza. I did bath time and bedtime. I continued cleaning the house.

 April 21 I slept poorly but got to sleep in. I took AJ on a walk. I did my laundry and worked on some doula stuff. AJ and I spent a lot of time outside because Matthew was outside working on his car. We went to dinner at the Habit. It was a normal evening with bedtime, and tidying.

 

April 22 AJ woke up between 3:30 and 4:00 so I had to go in and support him. I got up at 5:40 and lifted weights. I took AJ to my moms. Work was really busy, but Brittany came by to say hi which was really fun. I took AJ home and started to wash his used car seat that I got for Matthew's car. I did dinner time, bath time, bedtime, and tidying. I did homework.

April 23 I was up at 5:40 for leg day after getting up at 3:50 to support AJ. The new assistant started at work, but we had team captain training all day. It went well. It was a normal evening at home followed by homework.

April 24 I took a couple of walking breaks instead of walking in the morning. Work was busy as I trained the new assistant and facilitated 2 online huddles. I got lunch with the new assistant and Dan. It was administrative assistant day, so Scott gave me a card and mini bundt cake. It was a normal evening at home followed by homework.

AJ likes to say bye out the window

April 25 I was up at six and did not lift because AJ basically did not let me. But we did go on a walk. I worked from home. It was a normal evening with dinner, bath time, bedtime, tidying, and homework.

Grandma Dianne took AJ to Wheeler Farm

April 26 I was up at 6:00 for leg day. I worked a very busy half day. I washed towels and couch covers and did cleaning while listening to my audio book. I cleaned our shower curtain by soaking and scrubbing it in the sink. I took AJ on a couple of errands. I reassembled his car seat that I washed. I did bedtime. I took the blinds to the dumpster. I took the cat litter to the dumpster. I finished all the cleaning except for vacuuming. I replaced the filter in our furnace. It was a really sweet day with AJ. He was so delightful.

 


April 27 I was up around 6:20 and lifted weights. I did 2 loads of laundry. We went and got groceries and then got right back into the car after unloading to go to Sophia’s baby shower in Orem. Thankfully AJ did not fall asleep in the car. I had a new parenting experience that was really emotional for me. Thankfully both of my parents were able to support me through that, since I was tearful the whole afternoon. During nap I cleaned up the back seat of my car, replaced my bed sheets, and put away clothes. We went to Barnes and Noble and then went to dinner together to Costa Vida. AJ gets very excited for chips. We went outside. It was a normal evening with bath time, bedtime, and homework.

 




April 28 I was up at 6:20 after having lots of dreams. I took AJ on a walk. I was able to go to the bean yard and read. Matthew and I used our gas discount by meeting at the pump. I took AJ outside. I made muffins and cleared photos off my phone during his nap. AJ outside. I went to meet with a doula client at her house, picked up dinner for me and Matthew. It was a normal Sunday evening of bedtime, dishes, loading the car for Monday, watering the plant, preparing my pills. But Matthew’s brother Stanley and his stepson Luke stopped by to surprise Matthew which was fun.

April 29 I was up at 5:40 to lift weights. I took AJ to my moms. Work was really busy, including two hours on the phone with Vivint. I picked up dinner for us to eat at home and fed AJ. We went outside. It was a normal evening with bath time, bedtime, and homework.

April 30 I was up at 5:40 to lift weights. AJ slept till almost 7:00 AM which was crazy. Work was busy again. We went as a family to dinner at Los Garcia. We went outside and then did bedtime.

Books I read in April:
-Please See Us by Caitlin Mullen (paperback, finished in April, but the bulk was done in March)
-Zero Days by Ruth Ware (audiobook)
-You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero (audiobook)
-Hidden Potential by Adam Grant (audiobook)
-Princess Bride by William Goldman (audiobook)
-The Book of Lost Names by Kristin Harmel (paperback)
-As You Wish by Cary Elwes (audiobook)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review