July in Review

July 1 I got up early to lift weights. Work was pretty quiet. I did my June blog. After work Matthew picked up AJ from daycare, and I started to grill burgers for dinner. We had corn on the cob and green beans as well. AJ and I went to get a treat at Tous Les Jours. I gave him a shower and did his bedtime.

July 2 I did leg day and had a busy day at work. Matthew interviewed at my office. I went and got half off of Starbucks. It was a normal evening at home except that Matthew did not work! I also took AJ outside for a little bit. After AJ went to sleep I packed my Doula bag.

July 3 I ran 2 miles without any walking breaks and felt awesome the whole time. AJ went to the kitchen with Matthew.

July 4 I lifted weights. We went up to Logan to spend the holiday with my baby brother and his family. It was a good day. We got home in time for AJ’s bedtime and did zero fireworks. Call us party poppers.







July 5 I went on a walk and worked a half day at home. I did a couple loads of laundry, cleaned the house, and took AJ to the pool for an hour. I also started and finished The Four Agreements audiobook. We went to Macey's for soft serve sundaes. Normal evening flying solo.


July 6 I did leg day and got breakfast with my friend Brianne. Got groceries. Matthew left for work at 11:30 or so. I did laundry and played with AJ. After his nap we made cupcakes (because the pool was closed).


Of course we licked the bowl


July 7 AJ and I went on a walk. After breakfast we just kind of lounged around. AJ likes to snuggle us in my bed so we did that for a while. Matthew took him to Costco while I went to Paris Baguette, bath & body works, and Walmart. AJ took a great nap. So did Matthew. We watched Sandlot and ate dinner. I took AJ to the playground.



He needs his fox blanket tied around him all day every day


July 8 was a very normal Monday. Lifted weights. Worked. Picked up AJ. Endured a long and loud tantrum. Took him to the pool. Did bath time and most of bedtime. Normal evening tidying etc. Standard day around here.

July 9 I lifted weights. Work was good. Picked up AJ and took him to sushi. Came home and played with him. Gave him a bath. Matthew did bedtime.

July 10 I went on a run and walked afterward. Work was pretty busy. AJ and I got a smoothie after work since I knew that dinner would probably be a challenge. I did a few things around the house and then took AJ to the pool. I fed him dinner and did the whole nighttime routine solo.

July 11 I lifted weights after having a pretty rough night of coughing and poor sleep. It was my work from home day while AJ was at my mom's. I hit a wall after work. We watched the Way Way Back. Matthew handled the whole evening so I could rest.

July 12 I went on a walk and worked a couple of hours at home. AJ and I went to his first outdoor sensory class called Rooted in Play. I paid for a series of seven classes on Fridays for us to do something fun together outside. The session on this day was the sense of touch with mud. Thankfully he did not get super into it so wasn't very messy. I did some cleaning and laundry during his nap. After his nap we went to the pool. It was an otherwise normal evening at home with me flying solo until the very last part of bedtime.




July 13 I lifted weights and we spent the morning together as a family, snuggling in my bed, and then grocery shopping and got donuts at Chubby Baker. Matthew went to work while I put away groceries. I stayed busy during AJ's nap and we went to the pool for an hour and 40 minutes after his nap. It wore him out. After rinsing off AJ and I went to dinner at Lone Star Taqueria. I listened to a lot of my audiobook throughout the day: Good Inside.

July 14 I actually stayed in bed past 7:00. AJ and I went on a walk. I made us pancakes. We endured a couple of really long and hard tantrums on this day. I did get a break to go see Inside Out 2 and also went to the Dollar Tree. We went as a family to the pool. It was a normal evening of bedtime, dishes, preparing for Monday, watering plants, etc. We also watched House of the Dragon.

July 15 I lifted weights. I reached out to one of my previous midwives and found out why I might be having some trouble getting pregnant (low progesterone suspected). It was kind of an emotional day. I picked up AJ from daycare and made him some dinner. Matthew did bedtime. We watched House of the Dragon again.

July 16 I went on a walk and had another emotional day and just generally did not feel great physically. I did a little bit of Amazon prime day shopping. I picked up a new air fryer at Best Buy that I got a great deal on. I took AJ outside after dinner. Matthew handled bedtime. We watched House of the Dragon.

July 17 I got up really early and did leg day. My thoughts were consumed with Doula work. It was a normal evening at home as a family. After putting AJ to bed Matthew and I watched Doctor Who.

July 18 AJ and I went on a walk. I worked from home. Matthew picked up free lunch for me and then picked up AJ from my mom's house. After dinner I took AJ on another walk. We did bedtime together. I double checked my doula bag.


July 19 my Fitness App was not working so I went on a walk. I worked from home. Matthew took AJ to his sensory outdoor camp. I made him lunch. I started cleaning and doing laundry. I took AJ to the pool. I made our dinner. Matthew handled bedtime.

July 20 I was up throughout the night and was up early. I did leg day and laundry and was about to go get groceries when I decided to head to the hospital to support my Doula client. I got there around 9:30 and stayed until noon or so when I realized it would still be a long time. I did a few errands and went home for a few hours. I got back to the hospital around 8 PM to start long night of supporting my client.

July 21 I was up basically all night. My client delivered her baby at almost 8 AM. It was followed by a lot of complications, unfortunately. I was not able to go back in the OR with her so I left to get something to eat and then came back to meet her after her surgery. I left the hospital around 2 PM. I went straight to showering and getting ready to go to dinner with Matthew's family. Matthew left to go get me some roses which was really sweet of him. I did yoga so I could close my exercise ring. I went to bed at 9 PM.


July 22 was a good normal day. I lifted weights and had to take AJ to daycare because Matthew had food poisoning. But work was low key. I got pizza for dinner, gave AJ a bath, and did bedtime.

July 23 was another normal day with weightlifting and work. Matthew did bedtime. I did a little bit of preparation to start whole 30.

July 24 I went on a run. Work was slow and quiet on Pioneer Day. I went to Smiths twice since I started whole 30 and needed some staples. Matthew cooked us dinner. We face timed my dad. We did bath and bedtime.

July 25 I got up to lift weights. It was a work from home day. I found a dead kitten in our parking lot and put it in a bag and asked the neighborhood if he belongs to anyone. No one claimed him. I made dinner for me and AJ. We went to the pool and did bath and bedtime solo since Matthew was at work.

Attempted dessert with pineapple, coconut milk, and toasted coconut

July 26 I was up before 6:00 to do leg day after a restless night. I worked a couple of hours and took AJ to his outdoor sensory class. He had a meltdown afterward. I took a nap while AJ napped which is newsworthy. We went to the pool. He had a meltdown during dinner. We did bath time and bedtime. Matthew started the cleaning while I went to bed early.

July 27 I slept in until about 7:30. Matthew handled the morning. I went on a walk and made a whole 30 shake. I showered and went to Trader Joe's, Smith's, and stopped at Dutch Bros for Matthew. I did laundry and cleaned the floors. I took AJ swimming. Matthew made dinner. I did bath time and bedtime.





July 28 was a long day. I took AJ on a walk. We went as a family to the zoo and visited the new wild Utah exhibit. It was awesome. We did meal prep during AJ's nap. I also ran to Barnes & Noble. After his nap we went to the pool as a family and then ate dinner together. We watched House of the Dragon.



Next time we need to remember a bathing suit for the zoo

July 29 I lifted upper body in the morning. It was Matthew's first day of work at Alpine, and he also had his car evaluated by the mechanic so he needed to be picked up and dropped off. He took AJ to daycare, and I picked him up. We did dinner and bedtime.

July 30 I did leg day in the morning. I had a lot of meetings at work. I picked up AJ from daycare and took him home. I put our dinners together and then cleaned up and did dishes. I took AJ outside. Matthew took care of bath time and bedtime.

July 31 I went for a walk which was really nice because of the cool weather. Work was fine. I did the evening without Matthew since he had to work at the kitchen. I did some laundry, made and cleaned up dinner, took AJ outside, did bath time, and did bedtime.

Overall a fairly uneventful month. 

Books I read: 

The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz (audiobook)
The Lost Bookshop by Evie Woods (paperback) - read between June and July
The Body is Not an Apology by Sonya Taylor (audiobook)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review