Our Christmas Tradition

For as long as I can remember, I have helped my mom with our Christmas baking every year. We usually make See's fudge, Chinese chews, chocolate chip cookies, and sugar cookies. We then use these goodies and make plates to deliver to neighbors and friends.

Slowly but surely, my mom has let me take over this whole thing completely. I love baking, but this is a LOT of work all on my own.

This year, we made Chinese chews. Thankfully, my brother helped. We also made fudge. I say we to involve my mom in the minuscule activities like chopping the nuts. I made sugar cookie dough as well. And I made Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookies (minus the walnuts).

I decided, though, that it was time for more. Cara got me an amazing cookie recipe book for Christmas this year. I've made a lot of use of it so far. In addition to baking all of those things, I tried a new peanut butter cookie recipe for my dad called Chewy Choco-Peanut Pudgies. I made Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip cookies--which are AMAZING, by the way. I made Polka-dot Macaroons! And I made Honey Carrot Cookies.

I baked all of last night (about four or five hours) and for about six hours or more today. Needless to say, I am exhausted. But I'm pretty proud of myself. My abilities as a baker are without limits!

Here are some pictures, and please keep in mind that these are pictures AFTER tons of these things have been eaten by my family and other guests. This is just a portion of what I really did.


Chinese chews


Toll House chocolate chip cookies--minus a million that got eaten


Peanut Butter Pudgies


See's Fudge


Oatmeal Coconut chocolate chip cookies




Honey Carrot Cookies




Polka Dot Macaroons




Sugar cookies

Next? Rocky Road Brownies, Breakfast cookies, and more Oatmeal coconut Chocolate chip cookies.

Comments

Cody said…
dang girl! you've been busy.

side note: i hope you're enjoying california. you should see how much it has snowed over the past couple days. its obscene. i have things i need to do today but im not sure they're going to happen. curse you white christmas! CURSE YOU!!!
Rachel said…
Yum! Those macaroons are darling.

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review