Friendships

As I've looked at my calendar through the last month, I've found myself very humbled and grateful for all of the friendships I have in my life.

On April 25, I had dinner with Ashleigh.




On April 27, I had dinner with Joyce.


On April 28, I had dinner with Brionna.

On April 29, I got waffles with Brittney.

On May 6, I went to Heber to see Rachel.

On May 14, I have dinner plans with Brianne.

On May 18, I have dinner plans with Kristine.

On May 19, I have dinner plans with Mariah (an old roommate).

When I lay it out and see the names of so many different friends who all add different kinds of beauty and perspective to my life, I feel overwhelmed and grateful.

I know a lot of people in life feel alone or feel like they don't have friends or feel like nobody cares. I don't know what I did to deserve so many awesome women in my life, far beyond what's even listed here! But man, I am so thankful.

I often have female friends reach out to me via text or Marco Polo just to say hello and check in on me, or I reach out to check in with them.

I love all the opportunities I have to connect with women, with or without food. It's sometimes really challenging to make plans and coordinate schedules and timing. A lot of times it requires patience and flexibility. Crap happens. People work late unexpectedly. An hour long drive one way is far. Families and spouses demand time. But I strongly feel these connections are all worth the effort, and I hope my friends all feel the same.

If you are a lady friend in my life, I am thankful for you and thankful for what you add to my life, whether we talk often or not, whether we hang out or not. Thank you.


Comments

Tine said…
I love you, Janae!! I’m so grateful we’re friends. We don’t see each other as much as I’d like, but I appreciate how understanding you are of my situation with the littles. You’re truly a gem. The amount of good friends you have says a lot about you and your character ❤️

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review