February in Review

February 1 was an early start at 5:45. I nursed and did leg day. Work was really busy even though I was at home.

February 2 AJ slept until 630. We nursed. Work was once again super busy. It was just a normal evening of dinner, pumping, making bottles, and washing pump parts. Matthew had to lie down when I got home because he did not feel well. 

February 3 I was able to go to the Bean Yard. AJ and I drove to Clearfield to meet a mom who was donating breastmilk to us. I figured we should make a day of it, so we got lunch with Amoreena and her mom Terry at Scrambled. We got home in time for nap time! I wrote a GBOMB post. Matthew had work so I did all the night things—baby’s dinner, pumping, defrosting milk, bedtime, making bottles, feeding animals, weekend cleaning, pumping again, dream feed, washing pump parts. 

February 4 I lifted weights. I went to Five Below, Petco, Bath & Body Works, and Tous les Jours. We went to baby Hank’s first birthday party. I tried to nap during AJ’s second nap since I hit a wall. We went as a family to drive through the Scoop but had to get back asap to put AJ to bed. That night after 11 the baby was restless and fussy, particularly from 12-1am. Matthew handled it, but I was still awake. I did laundry. 



February 5 was still a 6am morning after a 1am bedtime 👎🏼 I put the baby down at 9 and went to get groceries and went to Tous les Jours again—they still didn’t have what I wanted. I made egg salad for the week and kept some boiled eggs out for AJ. I washed my sheets, and tried to nap again during AJ’s nap. It ended up being a short power nap, but it helped! We Face Timed my dad, and AJ was just crawling all over the place and standing everywhere. Matthew picked up Little Caes for us before he headed to a work party that evening. Normal evening: bedtime, defrost milk, make bottles, pump, wash pump parts. 

February 6 AJ woke up early, but slept well through the night. Matthew made pork, mushroom gravy, and potatoes for dinner. I rounded up some food and dropped it off to a local family in need. I did all the normal nighttime stuff of course. 

February 7 I was up at 6, nursed, walked, and pumped while doing AJ’s breakfast. Work was super busy and productive. Came home and Matthew had to leave for work so I pumped, cleaned up baby’s dinner, did dishes, did a load of baby laundry, got ready for bed, put AJ to bed at 7:10, defrosted milk, made bottles, fed the animals, watched 1883, pumped, did his dream feed, washed pump parts and bottle, and went to bed. My mom came by at 7:30 to drop off an early birthday dinner for me, and a German chocolate cake that she made. It was so nice to eat and enjoy a show. 


February 8 we were up at 6:15 after a good night with the baby. Nursed and walked on the treadmill. Worked at home. AJ took two good naps. Matthew brought home pizza. I did some detective work on a weird situation with this girl in a Buy Nothing group who I had helped on Monday. So weird. 

February 9 regular day. Nursed. Lifted weights. Worked. Regular night time routine. 

February 10 AJ gave me a lovely birthday gift of waking up at 4:45am. Matthew got me roses and put up a birthday banner, which was nice. I did get to go to the gym though. Matthew made me breakfast and I got my free Starbucks. I took AJ with me to Matthew's kitchen, Corner Bakery for a free treat, Firehouse Subs for a free sandwich, and Crave Cookies. I got lots of nice messages and texts. The three of us went to Red Robin where I got a free birthday burger, and we used a gift card. 


February 11 I walked, fed AJ and pumped, cleaned, did laundry, went to Dutch, Sprouts, and Tous les Jours. My mom came to watch AJ while we went to Market Street Grill and Dipped Haus for Valentine’s Day. 



February 12 was an interesting day. I nursed the baby and went to a Unitarian Universalist church with my friend Kirsten. It was interesting. She came over to chat after. My mother in law came over in the afternoon to visit as well. Matthew had to work. I did laundry and hung out with the baby. Before bed that evening my throat started to hurt. 

February 13 was hard because AJ woke up at 2:30, and then I couldn’t get back to sleep until 4:00. Then he woke back up at 5:30. I was blowing my nose and started coughing up stuff. Work was really busy. 

February 14 AJ was fussy starting at 5 AM. I worked, did the baby’s dinner, pumped, did bedtime, walked on the treadmill while watching walking dead, and organized some baby photos. I’ve sent a lot of valentine texts to friends and family. And did the normal evening stuff.

February 15 the baby woke up at 5 o’clock again. I walked. It was a work from home day and was pretty productive. The baby was somewhat needy. I took a bath and watched Gilmore girls. 


February 16 AJ woke up early again. Work was busy with Alpine kickoff stuff. Matthew went to work unexpectedly, so I did all the normal evening stuff. 

February 17 the baby was up once again at 5:00. I went to the kick off meeting in the first half of the day but forgot my pump there when I came home, so thankfully Matthew went and grabbed it for me. I did laundry. Matthew picked up my birthday pizza from Marco's. I realized AJ’s early wake ups and neediness were because his top incisors were coming in. That night I met Joyce and Kirsten at the Bean yard for a latte art throw down, which was way more packed and noisy than I expected. Plus I coughed the whole time.

February 18 was busy. The baby was up at 5:30. I walked and did three loads of laundry. I got my haircut and picked up BOGO smoothies at Roxberry after, which were disappointing since they were mostly just juice. I took 10 month photos of and with AJ. Matthew got RubySnap cookies for us. My mom stopped by with some toys and books for the baby.






February 19 was another busy day. AJ woke up at 4:15, and I could not get him to go back to sleep until 5 o’clock. Then after he slept until 7:15, it messed up his naps for the day. I took him with me to the bean yard Which would’ve been nice, but they did not have any high chairs, and he is just so busy. I went grocery shopping during his nap, did his lunch really quick, and drove out to Saratoga to pick up some donated breastmilk. The baby skipped his second nap completely which was rough. I went and picked up my birthday popcorn from Megaplex and watched the documentary on Hulu called Fairplay. Plus I did all of the normal evening stuff of course.





February 20 I once again woke up at 5:30 AM. I walked on the treadmill, and got an oil change. Work was pretty busy. Matthew made us nachos for dinner. He fell asleep while I cleaned up. I did all the normal evening stuff (defrost milk, make bottles, pump, wash pump parts and bottle). 

February 21 we were up at six, nursed and walked on the treadmill. I shopped for snacks for our event at work. It was a normal evening at home. 

February 22 we were up at 5:45. It was Snowmageddon. I was able to pull out of my parking spot because a sweet boy used his shovel to clear me a path for my tires. I made it to the event safely, and the most treacherous part was trying to pick up the bagels. 

February 23 we were up at 5:30, nursed, and got ready. I picked up donuts for our event as well as lunch. It was just a normal evening at home. But my mom got me a surprise gift and card just because, which was really nice. This was the first day I started to feel better from being sick. Almost 2 weeks of gross mucus coughing.

February 24 we were up at six, nursed, and walked. I took the baby with me to meet Natalie at Tous les Jours. It was just a normal day at home with the baby. 

February 25 we were up at 5:30, nursed, and I lifted weights. I got groceries and Dutch Bros. A Kirby vacuum sales lady came over, which took way longer than I expected. We went to dinner at Matthew’s mom’s fiancé’s house in Orem. I was wiped out on this day because I got very little sleep, and I was stressed because I messed up my pump schedule.

February 26 I was up at 5:30, nursed, and played with AJ. I went to McD’s and Dutch. Some idiot had road rage on my way home, which is still bothering me. The highlight of the day and month was going to the Grand America for afternoon tea with Rachel. It was really fun. After that was just a normal evening at home, but I also baked a cake. 







February 27 we were up at 5:40, nursed, and I lifted weights. Work was fine. I did treat myself to Mr. Charlie’s for lunch. It was a fairly normal evening at home except that I frosted the cake, and took a bath. AJ was also extra happy and giggly before bedtime. 

February 28 was the first morning I had to wake up the baby because he actually slept past 6am! It was just a normal day at work for me, and my mom watched AJ. Normal evening routine that is my current Groundhog Day. We did have a weird mishap where his Hatch light came on and kept him from falling asleep. This was after I checked the volume and closed the app. Super strange and frustrating. (*Note: I figured out on March 1 that a program had been added that was basically a timer to turn on the light at 7pm. Probably happened when AJ grabbed my phone at some point.) 

Books I read in February:

Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby van Pelt (audiobook) mostly read in December but finished in February
The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable by Patrick Lencioni (audiobook)
Fierce Conversations by Susan Scott (audiobook)
Secrets of Midwives by Sally Hepworth (audiobook)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review