March in Review

3/1 I lifted weights and worked about five hours at home while Matthew handled everything and started the weekend cleaning. When AJ went down for his nap, I went to get myself lunch, stopped at Barnes & Noble, and grabbed a couple things at Smith's. We went to our friends' new house for dinner. We got home, did bedtime, and I cleaned the floors while listening to my new audiobook.

3/2 AJ actually slept until almost 7 o'clock by some miracle. I went to high fitness, tried to order a smoothie, but no one was at the store, and went grocery shopping at Smith's. I stopped at Dutch and then came home and unloaded groceries. I went to Gardner Village to get some raw milk. I put AJ down for his nap and proceeded to work on my to do list. I did a client check in, worked on a few things for the women's retreat later in the week, purchased a membership to MASS for renewing my personal training certification (and started poking around), finished writing my pregnancy program, did two blog posts, and got pictures off of my phone. Matthew made us tacos for dinner and also made a delicious cake for me! I did bath time and bedtime and some dishes. 

3/3 was a low-key snowy day at home. AJ slept past six which was awesome. I did yoga and made him pancakes and made myself muffins for the week. I left to get Starbucks before AJ's nap. During his nap I walked on the treadmill and listened to my audiobook. I went and got gas, and finished my book. Matthew finished making an amazing chocolate coconut cake for me. He also made hambone soup which turned out really delicious. 






3/4 I woke up at 5:40 due to AJ. I walked on the treadmill. Went to work and got new tires on my car. I came home, ate real quick, and I left AJ with a neighbor for a few minutes until Matthew got home so I could head to a Yelp event which was candle making at the witchy yoga girl. It was really fun. It was a nonstop day.


I chose "French market" as the scent.

3/5 I woke up at 5:30 because of my son. I lifted weights. Work was a little less busy. It was a normal evening other than that I took AJ outside for a little while.

3/6 AJ called out at 5:00, and I could not really go back to sleep after that. I tried to lift weights with many interruptions from the toddler. Work was busy. AJ had a mild fever which was really weird. I ran to five below to get a gift for the favorite things party at the Startup retreat. I also picked up waffle love, finished my laundry, and finished packing for the retreat. 

3/7 I woke up at 5:40 and lifted weights. I worked a half day at home fairly productively while Matthew got my oil changed. I left home at 12:20, picked up lunch, and hit the road at 12:40. I stopped in Fillmore and St. George and got to the retreat at 6:45. The favorite things party went from 9:30 until 10:45. My roommate the first night was my sister-in-law Melissa Menke. 


3/8 I basically got no sleep due to the noise, even with earplugs and white noise. I got up early to lead a workout. I ate and showered. I did a nutrition presentation with Kelly that went on a lot longer than I expected. During free time I went to Starbucks, read a book on the balcony, and talked to Matthew. I spent a little bit of time in the hot tub and chatted with a few ladies. I took some photos of the dance party and also jumped in for a few numbers. 



3/9 I was up early and followed along with a barre workout video. Stephanie did a class on the power of language which was so awesome. I talked with my sister-in-law Melissa Moore. I drove into Las Vegas to hang out with Kelsey. We spent a couple of hours just chatting and going on a walk. I got back to the house about 6:30. Jacque did her sound bath. I went to bed instead of staying up to do the paper lanterns, which I heard ended up disastrously. 

3/10 I woke up all throughout the night. I left at 9 AM Utah time, got Starbucks, stopped in Mesquite and St. George. I got home at 3:37 and had really low battery, physically/mentally. I went on a windy walk with AJ. After bedtime I started coughing terribly.

My poster with sweet words

3/11 AJ woke up at 5:55. I coughed all night long. I walked on the treadmill. I went to work but could not talk. I threw up at work a little bit before 3:00 so I came home and took a nap. Thankfully Dianne was here watching AJ. Matthew took care of bedtime. 

3/12 I did a short upper body weightlifting session. I felt crappy but went to work anyway. It was really busy. It was a normal evening at home. 

I guess it's common to burst capillaries when you vomit really hard?

3/13 I stayed up too late. I lifted weights. AJ woke up at 6:25. Work was very busy. I got gas and came home. AJ did not cooperate with bedtime. I am blaming daylight savings time. I remembered I had to do paperwork for my pelvic floor physical therapy, so I worked on that.

Just embracing my gray streaks

3/14 I was up around 6:00 and walked on the treadmill. It was a work from home day, but AJ was at my mom's house. Matthew picked up pizza for Pi day. We watched Moana. I was going to go do a Reiki session with my sister-in-law but started to have a cough attack and couldn't go. It was another rough bedtime with AJ too! 

Enjoying his pizza 

3/15 I was up around 6:00 and lifted weights. I worked a few hours, went to my pelvic floor physical therapy appointment, came home and worked a little bit more. I started laundry and cleaning. I took AJ outside and then he asked to go on a walk. So I took him to another park nearby where he made a friend. I gave AJ a bath, and after doing bedtime I cleaned some more while listening to my audiobook. I had a cough attack. Again. 

3/16 was a crazy day. I was up at 6, lifted weights instead of going to high fitness. I showered and did two loads of laundry. We went grocery shopping as a family. I did a client check in, laundry, and and a couple of other things to catch up on at my computer. Matthew and I took AJ to the zoo, and it was much colder than we thought it would be, and very windy. On the way home we stopped to get Gordo's tacos for dinner. We FaceTimed my dad, and did bedtime. Once again I had a cough attack.

Touching the gorilla's nipples. Nothing to see here. 





3/17 AJ woke up at 5:40. Matthew handled him and let me sleep in. Then I handled him until the afternoon because Matthew was not feeling well. I took AJ to Starbucks for a little treat. After his nap we went outside. He was following some kids around and got knocked down on accident and slammed the back of his head on the sidewalk. It was really scary and sad for me; it was like I watched helplessly in slow motion. We went to Orem to Dianne's house for St. Patrick's dinner. We got home pretty late and did bedtime. I had another cough attack. 

3/18 I was up at 6 and lifted weights. I went to work, brought AJ home and played with him, made us dinner, and took him outside to play. It was a normal evening at home complete with an evening cough attack. 

3/19 I was up at six and walked a little bit on the treadmill, but AJ was super fussy. Work was good but a little bit busy. We went as a family to Itto Sushi. I took AJ on a short walk and did his bath time and bedtime. 


3/20 I lifted weights and had to pick up some bagels for a work meeting for the executives. I set up that meeting and then headed to Lehi to Purple headquarters for a Franklin Covey training. It got done at 3:30, and was right near my grandma's house, so I went to pick up AJ. It was a busy evening as I went through all of AJ's small clothes, went outside with the boys, did AJ's shower and bedtime, and then went through my closet and dresser as well and made a large donation pile. 

3/21 started with a walk on the treadmill. It was a work from home day with Dianne's help. Matthew had to work at the kitchen. After I made us dinner, I took AJ to play outside. I did his shower and bedtime plus all of the normal evening tidying. 


3/22 I lifted weights and worked a half day at home. I took AJ outside before his nap. I started cleaning and laundry during his nap. I took him back outside and then took him on a bunch of errands. I made us craft mac & cheese for dinner. And I took AJ outside again followed by bath time and bedtime.


These are so elusive! Finally found some!





3/23 AJ woke up early. I went to high fitness and got groceries, as well as stopped at the vet for cat food. I took AJ outside and continued laundry and cleaning during his nap. I did a client check in and worked a little bit more on my continuing education for personal training. AJ and I went to dinner at Pei Wei. I did bath time and bedtime and tested out my Harry Potter wand that I got from my brother for Christmas.


3/24 I walked on the treadmill, made pancakes for AJ for the week, showered and took AJ with me to Starbucks to get a treat. I had my first Reiki session with Jacque. I picked up lunch on my way home and then was wiped out the rest of the day from the session and basically stayed on the couch. The big messages I got from my session were that I need to build a spiritual practice and find time for R&R.


I told him to show me his teeth. 


3/25 I was up at 5:40 and lifted weights. I took AJ to my mom's and had a busy workday. After work I  cleaned up, made brownies, took AJ outside, did bedtime and Duolingo, and called my mom. 

3/26 AJ woke up all throughout the night. I lifted weights. I spilled coffee all over myself from a wonky Starbucks lid popping off. I got some rough news at work. I took AJ outside, gave him a bath, and did bedtime and tidying. The exciting news of the day was that I got my head shots from our Galentine's event.





3/27 I woke up at 5:40 to lift weights. At work I got to facilitate a couple of calls which was fun. I went and got lunch out for myself, which I rarely do. I stopped at the bank on the way home, made AJ and I dinner, and took him outside for a little bit. I started a fertility tea protocol. 


3/28 I walked on the treadmill and worked from home while Dianne watched AJ. I made English muffin pizzas for dinner. Matthew did bath time and bedtime. We had a good talk.

3/29 AJ was pretty restless between 5 and 6 AM. I lifted weights for the fourth time that week. I worked a half day and sent out our first company newsletter. I cleaned during AJ's nap and took him on a walk after his nap. We ran a few errands and got dinner together at Chili's. Matthew got home from work at the same time we got home I did bedtime. Matthew went and picked up treats for us.


3/30 I was up at 6. I walked on the treadmill, showered, and got groceries. While Matthew put away groceries, I hustled AJ and I to Draper for his first Easter egg hunt. He did not like having to wait behind the line for 12 minutes. He was not pumped about collecting eggs. He was happy to play on the playground afterward and was excited to see Elsa, but we did not wait in line for a photo. It was really windy and cold. And he fell on the way to the car and was inconsolable. He also refused to use his potty in the car, so he wet his pants. So it was kind of a rough go, especially by myself. Due to the rough morning, I let him watch Frozen 2 in its entirety. He napped over two hours which I think was much needed. I made egg nest macaroons during his nap. I took him on a walk while listening to my audiobook. I made us dinner and did bedtime. Matthew brought me home two dozen roses just because ❤️




Forever taking off his pants and underwear

3/31 AJ woke up at 5:42. Happy Easter. I waited to put his basket together so his dad could be a part of it. We made Jiffy blueberry muffins - AJ added milk, stirred, and added fresh blueberries. He most loved his Moana book in his Easter basket. I did yoga, showered, and got Dutch bros. I dyed some eggs during AJ's nap and worked on this blog. We went to Dianne's where AJ did an egg hunt with cousin Farah, and then went to my mom's. Dinner was delayed, and it was rainy, so we didn't do an egg hunt there. 




Can you handle this sweet boy giving his cousin some eggs?


Books I read in March:

None of This is True by Lisa Jewell (audiobook)
Why We Get Sick by Benjamin Bikman (audiobook)
Yellowface by RF Kuang (audiobook)
One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Read (audiobook)
The Compound Effect  by Darren Hardy (audiobook)
Good Morning, Monster by Catherin Gildiner (audiobook)
The Wishing Game by Meg Shaffer (audiobook)
The Power of Vulnerability by Brene Brown (audiobook)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review