June in Review

June 1 I woke up around 6:30 and took AJ on a walk. We did breakfast and went grocery shopping. He was really fussy after that because he was tired. Matthew tried to put him down for a nap, but I ended up having to hold him until he fell asleep. It was a busy day of trying to pack up the house to get ready for the contractors on Monday. I did laundry and also cleaned out the bottom of the grill. We went to Joy Luck Chinese restaurant for dinner as a family and then the three of us went to the playground. We gave AJ a bath and did bedtime. Matthew went to the kitchen. I took a bath and wrote my GBOMB. 




June 2 AJ and I went on a walk. I moved items from the pantry into my bedroom to get ready for the floors being done. I researched and did some measuring to get some shelves for our entryway closet. I took apart our table. AJ and I ran some errands including going to three furniture stores. AJ took a fall down our cement stairs which was really sad.

AJ having the time of his life at Living Spaces

Helping mom take the table apart


Boxes for the "move"

Pantry and bookshelves all in my master bedroom

June 3 I was up early to lift weights. AJ woke up a ton the night before. I waited for the flooring guys to show up and then went to work. I didn't know the floor would be worked on so late into the evening, so we ended up going to Costa Vida for dinner since I did not have access to my kitchen. I felt overwhelmed by the dust covering everything. I tidied as best I could along with all of the other normal evening stuff.

June 4 I basically got no sleep because AJ kept me up until 1am. I went on a walk. I went out for lunch with our executive team and fleet management rep. I made a couple of stops after work and met the boys at the park since our floors were still being worked on. We gave AJ a bath in my tub. We moved everything back inside from the balcony and put away books etc. I basically was reassembling everything until 11 PM.



June 5 I woke up early because AJ was crying, which was rough after going to bed at midnight. I still did leg day. We spent our evening moving all of the bedroom contents to the living room all the way till 10:00.



June 6 I once again woke up early due to AJ crying. I started to move the final items out of my bedroom and took a short walk. The carpet guy arrived out about 9;15 and then I went to work. He was all done with the carpet at about 2:30. Unfortunately, he did not lock the door as I asked him to, and left all of the blinds and curtains open with the AC off so it was 86 in the house when I got home, with the front door open. Naturally, we got pizza for dinner. I once again spent the rest of the evening moving everything back to bedrooms, with the baby's room as the priority so he could sleep in his room like normal. I reassembled his crib without directions and put his door back on the hinges.


June 7 I was up at 6:30 to lift weights and started putting the house back together. I cleaned out the laundry room storage and organized things, which took a couple hours. I moved Matthew's dresser to our master bedroom closet to free up some space. I gifted a whole bunch of stuff in our local buy nothing group. I worked up until lunchtime and then worked through AJ's nap. I got all of the Home Depot return items loaded into my car by myself and took a quick shower while AJ was napping. I tried to clean the floors. We went to DI and then spent an hour at Home Depot unsuccessfully trying to return items. After doing bedtime I started the weekend cleaning.


June 8 I was up close to 8:00 and lifted weights. I wiped the blinds down and washed curtains. I cleaned the bathroom wall. I did lots of laundry. I swept the porch and balcony. I cleared food out of the pantry again so Matthew could install the shelves. I did all of the drawing and measuring for the shelves. I took AJ grocery shopping. I cleaned the bathtub and sold my old gym floor mats. I put away food and organized the pantry. After bedtime I did more tidying and took some boxes to the trash. This whole week was just insanely nonstop.

Utilizing this "coat closet" much more efficiently

June 9 I automatically woke up at 6:30 and took AJ on a walk. I worked on clearing out our balcony storage which required three trips to the dumpster. During AJ's nap I showered and cleaned out the fridge very thoroughly. I took AJ to the pool and then cooked him dinner. After bath and bedtime it was just a normal evening with tidying and getting ready for the week.

This is embarrassing


I wish I had a before photo of our balcony storage

June at 10 I was up at 5:40 to lift weights. AJ had woken up many times throughout the night. I worked on some Father's Day stuff and picked up AJ from daycare. We met Matthew at Woody's drive-inm for dinner which was really good. It was a normal evening at home after that.


June 11 AJ woke up at 3:00 because he had stretched himself horizontally in his crib so I had to go move him. Ran some errands after work and then took AJ home. Matthew did bedtime.

June 12 I got up early to do leg day and wash my hair. AJ required some pop ins due to his crying. I had a pelvic floor physical therapy appointment. There was really bad traffic that evening, so my mom ended up keeping AJ until late. With an impromptu free evening, Matthew and I went to Home Depot where I finally got a refund, and we went to dinner at Itto Sushi.

June 13 I went on a walk and had to go to the office because I forgot my connector for my monitor. After work AJ and I went through the car wash, drove through the bank, stopped at city center to drop off my ballot, and went to Walgreens to pick up photos. We went to the pool and we did bedtime. Matthew and I watched Doctor Who. 

June 14 I lifted weights in the morning and worked from home. I cleaned and did some laundry. Matthew made dinner--burgers. They were so good. I took AJ swimming and did bath time. Matthew did bedtime and we watched Doctor Who.

June 15 AJ and I got groceries at Smith's and then went to the Chubby Baker grand opening which was a much longer ordeal than I expected. This was a big day because I successfully installed a Smart thermostat by myself. It did require an SOS to my electrician neighbor, but basically all he did was help me realize the cover needed to be back on the furnace panel to return power to the thermostat. Otherwise, I did all the wiring and everything myself! I took AJ swimming and then made dinner for AJ. I did bath time and bedtime.



I got TWO rebates for doing this; so they paid me to do it basically.

June 16 AJ and I went on a walk. I made cinnamon rolls, eggs, and bacon for breakfast for Father's Day. I took AJ to Sam's Club and Tous les Jours. Matthew went to get Korean barbecue with his cousin Jim which I had arranged for Father's Day. I cleaned four sets of blinds in the bathtub. I took AJ outside and made him dinner. Bath time and bedtime followed by Ted Lasso.

Just really appreciating these floors.

June 17 AJ woke me up early, and I lifted weights. I picked up AJ from daycare and then picked up a bubble machine for him from Walmart, got us pizza, and did bedtime. I made my fertility teas, did dishes, took the dog out etc. Just a normal evening without my husband.

June 18 I lifted weights instead of walking because Matthew had to work early and wasn't home. I took AJ to daycare and and had a productive workday. I made AJ dinner and then my mom came over so that we could go to the Bees baseball game. My uncle and his girlfriend came. It was really fun.

Woke up with this by my head


June 19 I went on a walk. I had a discovery call with a potential Doula client who I have not heard from, so I assume she chose someone else. I made AJ dinner and set up his bubble machine. I did bath time, and did bedtime. We watched Doctor Who. Matthew surprised me by filling up my popcorn bucket on his way home from work. 

June 20 was summer solstice. I went on a morning walk with AJ and worked from home. Matthew took AJ to my mom's. I picked up a couple of books from a Buy Nothing member. My mom brought AJ home. AJ and I went to Chili's just the two of us. We had a normal evening at home without Matthew.


Very comfy at Chili's

June 21 I lifted weights and worked from home. AJ took an awesome nap. We went to the pool. I made dinner and then we went to Crave cookies. I gave AJ a bath, did bedtime, and finished most of the housecleaning. I also did some laundry.

AJ got to see a dump truck outside

June 22 I lifted weights and made AJ breakfast. We went to Smith's and stopped at Chubby Baker afterward. I made him lunch. While he napped I cleaned my bedroom blinds and my sheets as well as doing several loads of laundry for Matthew. We went to the pool after AJ's nap; I never get photos of pool days because I have to be in the water with him. I made him dinner, and did bath and bedtime. Matthew got us dinner and we watched House of the Dragon.

June 23 AJ slept until 7:30. We went on a walk. We went to Wheeler farm as a family to check out the farmers market which was absolutely insane. I had a mentor zoom call with a Doula photographer. I took AJ to the pool. Matthew got me flowers and a card which was really nice. We watched Doctor Who after bedtime.


June 24 I lifted weights and unfortunately my band broke and hurt my hands. I got my car worked on and oil changed. I picked up AJ, made us dinner, did a load of laundry, took AJ to the pool, and did bedtime. After dishes and tidying I met with a client and my back up Doula on zoom.

June 25 I lifted weights and went to work. I took an afternoon Swig break. We had our first family trip to McDonald's so AJ could play in the play place.

June 26 I went on a walk and went to work where I facilitated a couple of online meetings. I picked up AJ who struggled at daycare all day. He had diarrhea after we got home so he did not eat much dinner. I did bedtime and tidied.

June 27 AJ woke up at midnight after puking in his bed and filling his nighttime diaper with diarrhea, poor guy. We did a midnight bath and ran a load of laundry. But then he would not go back to sleep. So I was basically awake from 12-3. I got up and went on a walk and worked from home. We went to Taylorsville Days as a family.



June 28 I lifted weights and worked a half-day from home. AJ continued to have stomach issues but slowly regained his appetite. We went to the bank so I could get a new debit card. We went to the pool. Matthew did dinner and bedtime. I cleaned the floors.

June 29 I went to get a haircut finally. I got groceries and drove through Dutch Bros™. We went as a family to Gardner Village for raw milk, but it ended up being the last day of the Fairy Festival which was really cute to see. I did laundry and painted my toenails (also finally; self-care is rough these days). AJ's nap was very short because he woke up late in the morning. We went to the pool. I made homemade vanilla ice cream. Matthew and I watched House of the Dragon.

At Gardner Village

June 30 AJ and I went on a walk. We went to breakfast as a family then went and got gas with our fuel discount. I made fertili-teas, and Matthew cleared the bathroom drains for me. I was also able to take a short nap. We went to Matthew's mom's house for dinner. Matthew did bedtime while I did normal Sunday stuff (watering plant, filled pills, prepped food, did dishes, cleaned litter box, etc.). 

All in all, I'm happy to have June behind us. It felt so busy and hard and long with how much Matthew worked and the enormity of the flooring project. 

This was not a great month for reading:
-Hunt, Gather, Parent by Michaeleen Doucleff (audiobook)
-The Seven Year Slip by Ashley Poston (audiobook)
-You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay (audiobook)

I didn't meet my paperback goal this month. Chose to watch shows instead with the little time I did have to relax. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review