I'm Not Stuck :)

I did not go to the gym yesterday morning because I felt I needed the sleep. I had the resolve to go after school, which I did. But I felt bad all day for not going in the morning. I've decided that the morning is definitely the best time for me personally to work out. Since I eat a piece of fruit before exercising, I obviously didn't eat my fruit yesterday morning. So I went all day without carbohydrates. I felt tired, and my vision was blurry. I was OK, nothing disastrous, and I didn't feel completely horrible, but not as good as I would have felt had I gone to the gym in the morning. I also weighed myself at the gym, which I shouldn't have done because the morning is the best time to do that. I still hadn't moved in weight!! I was pretty upset.

But I've been getting 700+ calories on the elliptical every day this week, so that's been fun!

I went this morning, and my gluteus maximus is soooo sore from yesterday and today. Did well, and have stuck to my diet quite well the past few days. I weighed myself and noticed I had lost an additional 1.5 pounds! So I'm at almost 4 pounds lost. I was pretty excited.

But it's not good enough, and this diet doesn't seem healthy enough. I received my Fat Smash book and only glanced at it the other day, but it looked so much more reasonable--involving such wonderful things as OATMEAL! Yay for carbohydrates! FRUIT! Yay. YOGURT! Yay. So I will probably start that on Monday and shop for it on Saturday, as usual. I will continue my normal workout routine just to maximize results.

I've decided after reading about the three dieter types, that I am most likely the "gamma" group, the group that has the biggest challenge in losing weight. He attributed the possibility to hypothyroid or medication--which I've got both. I think my weight stays so stable BECAUSE of my thyroid medication. So there are tweaks and bigger challenges for my diet group, but after this dang no-carb thing, I think this will be easier!

I bought a food scale/diet scale on Amazon for $4. I've been guessing as to how much 4 oz. chicken is (which I've needed for my current diet and will need for this next one), so this will make my life easier. And we all know I'm the queen of commitment, so going crazy with the scale is a must for an anal-compulsive like myself.

Like I've said before, the thing that's great about this one is that it takes you through cycles, and the last phase is meant to be a life cycle. Just being in the habit of making good and healthy choices for life and not considering oneself to be on a diet. It claims to help you lose 12 lbs in 3 weeks. I think I can afford more than 12 lbs with my small frame, but 12 at this point would be amazing. He says some lose less than that and some lose more. I think I might verge on the "less" side, being the "gamma" dieter type. But I'm trying to remain positive nevertheless.

Anyway, I'm trying to pump myself up for this. It seems practical and healthy, and he gives recipes. I love recipes. OK so enough about dieting. I'm doing well in other areas of my life--school is a challenge, relationships are a challenge, but all is well.

Three best things.

1. Flexible work schedule. I've decided two days this week to arrive a little later at the gym than originally planned. My work makes this possible, and I'm so grateful not to be tied down with crazy bosses.

2. Online shopping. What in the world would I do without the search power of google and the variety of Amazon? My life is so much easier.

3. Sleep. Yes. I love sleep. Last night I dreamt about my senseis from my old karate studio. It was fun seeing them.

I cut my bangs today. They're not as jacked as I've done them before. Not in my eyes though, which is nice.

I have to pee.

Have a nice day.

Comments

Bri!!! said…
I'm glad you are changing diets. I think any diet that makes you see blurry and feel like crap is not healthy. You know you are eating healthy when you feel good. I do think americans eat too many carbs, but we still need carbs. Good carbs like the yogurt, oatmeal etc. Also I too think it's very important to do a diet that moves into lifestyle because a diet that does not do that ends in failure. People end up gaining more than they lost because the diet ends. Not so fun at all. So yay for eating healthy and working out. One more month and I will have about 25 lbs to lose. YIKES. My belly is the size of a basket ball now. It's crazy. But no stretch marks. YAY! I gotta keep my fingers crossed for that one. Take care and good luck.
Lisa Petrarca said…
Nay Nay...I didn't know you had a blog?!? I love you guys' pics!! do you guys have a date yet? Everyone is so anxious, not me though...I want you to stay my sweet little Nae Nae forever. Okay, the truth is, if you get married...I'm OLD!LOL!

Luv Ya,

Aunt Lis

P.S.
Now I have to figure out how to add your blog to my friends and family list...guess I'll call aunt Amy again.

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review