Long story, short

Tanner and I spoke last night for a long time. His dad came in at some point and I explained more or less the things I talked about in my last post. He seemed very supportive of my goals and showed confidence in opposite people's ability to work things out. He said that it seemed like I had thought a lot about it and that I was being very rational. He told me I need to have a real appreciation for the opposite approach, a respect for it, and told me that Tanner cannot be changed through criticism. He said a lot of good and valuable things and made a lot of sense.

So Tanner has agreed to let me try to change the things I want to change. We are officially dating again and will let things play out however they are going to play out. On one hand we're picking up where we left off, and on the other we're not rushing anything. We have to see if this really is possible and are aware of the possibility that things may not work out. The problems that were there before are not just going to go away, but they can be managed better. And same as Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and yesterday, I have every confidence that things WILL work out. We can do this. I want to!

I am so excited to have this chance. I am so excited to see where this goes and how happy we really can be. And I'm so lucky to have Tanner! Plus, he's just so cute.

Comments

Leah said…
April told me the good news on Wednesday. Awesome. Things will work out for you, Janea.

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review