Workout Wednesday: At-Home Workouts

It's funny how much pride I used to take in my annual number of gym check-ins. I now take pride more in how hard I can work without having to go to the gym to do it. Don't get me wrong. I still love the place. I just would like to be able to get a good workout in at either my apartment complex gym or in my actual apartment. Remember, it needs to be easy (in a sense) if I'm going to make myself do it.

I've mentioned before that I often use a blog for my workouts, and I modify according to what is available to me. Sometimes I even make it harder. But I thought I'd share just a few of my favorite "at-home" workouts that require minimal or no equipment. I've even done these at hotels and things when gym equipment was either taken or nonexistent.

1. The 15 Minute Workout


I love this one because of its flexibility. If I felt like running 2 miles, I could come back and do a single 15-minute round of this afterward and call it good for the day. I like it because it utilizes intervals, combining both cardio and strength. I find it sufficiently challenging, especially twice through. The jump squats are killer.

2. The Fitness At Home Workout


This is one of my favorites. It takes me about 8 minutes for one round of this, if I remember correctly (it's been a couple of months). So I usually do two or three rounds, depending on whether I plan to include running.

3. Vevian's 100 Workout


Honestly, I think I've only done this one once or twice. With 180 jumping jacks, 140 crunches, 120 squats, and 100 leg lifts, you probably won't find this super easy. Especially with the running at the end.

4. Jillian's Shred



Circuit 1
30 seconds push-ups
60 seconds squat and press
repeat set

30 seconds jumping jacks
30 seconds jump rope
repeat set

30 seconds regular crunch
30 seconds reverse crunch

Circuit 2
30 seconds static squat with dumbbell row
60 seconds lunge with bicep curl
repeat set

30 seconds butt kicks
30 seconds punches
repeat set

30 seconds oblique crunches (right)
30 seconds oblique crunches (left)

Circuit 3
30 seconds chest flies
60 seconds side lunge with shoulder raise
repeat set

30 seconds jumping jacks
30 seconds jump rope
30 seconds butt kicks
30 seconds punches

60 seconds bicycle crunches

Jillian's Shred is one of my favorites because it is short (6 minutes per circuit), she uses intervals, and combines strength movements using large and small muscle groups. I like how she hits all the major areas, and I feel like if I need something quick and well-rounded, this is the workout to do. Plus, I can do it without the video!

5. 7 Day Arm Challenge - Click here

I think I've shared this before, but I like it a lot. It's good if I've done some running and just want another 5-10 minutes of straight lifting. I kind of pick one of the workouts depending on what I want to get done and what I have time for.

6. The All Cardio Challenge


I have this one saved on my phone and have only done it a couple of times. I like this because it's a lot of plyometric cardio. It's good if you need a break from running or don't want to sit on a bicycle or die on the stair master. I've even combined this with the arm workout above. It may not be enough on its own, but it's part of a balanced workout. ;)

Anyway, those are just a few of my favorites. I often try things from my Fitness Magazine and such to switch it up. But these are some of my go-to workouts. To see more pre-made workouts, articles, and links with videos for workouts, try my Sweat board on Pinterest. Hope it helps!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review