December in Review

I really like doing these posts after the month ends so I can recap my month. I like reflecting on the things that I do and the people I spend time with because it helps me see all the goodness I have in my life. There is so much of it!

December was a pretty big month for me. Packed full of festivities and a couple of "firsts" that I experienced.

I think I documented the Festival of Trees, which I went to on the last day of November with Kristine.


I saw Girl in the Spider's Web on December 1, but most of my other Saturdays were busy, so that was one of the only movies I saw.

I taught Sunday school on December 2, and the lesson was challenging but went really well.

Danny and I spent most of our evenings in December watching Game of Thrones.

Natalie and I watched It's a Wonderful Life on December 5.

I snowmobiled for the first time on December 6 with my coworkers and bosses. I didn't drive; it was scary enough for me to be in the snow.



On December 9, I went to the Fitness Expo with Kelsey, and did the Santa Sleigh Ride in Midway with Ashleigh that evening.



I met Danny's mom for the first time; she said good things. :)



We went axe throwing on December 11, so that was fun.



On December 13, we went to dinner at Settebello and walked around to see the lights at Temple Square.




I got Poke Luau with Kristen on 12/14, and we exchanged presents.

I got my eyebrows microbladed on 12/15.


I got Waffle Love with Brittney and Kristine on 12/17, and we exchanged gifts.



I did Christmas baking on 12/16 and 12/18 so I could take goodies to work.



Ashleigh and I went to see a community performance of The Nutcracker. It was cute.



Danny and I got dinner on 12/20 at Tom & Chee and exchanged gifts. His gifts were so cute and thoughtful. We finished Game of Thrones that night.


I drove to Hurricane on 12/21. Shivani and I went to Red Robin and spent some time with her folks.

I finished driving home to Glendora on 12/22. Jake, dad, and I went to Casa del Rey where I ate all the chips. Jake and I did some stocking shopping for dad after dinner, and we watched Elf. My dad's huge dog was there too.



I went to my parents' home ward on 12/23 for an hour and said hello to some awesome folks. I picked up my brother in Riverside, and then drove all my brothers to the mall to get pictures done. From there we drove to our nanny's house to see her and pick up presents.







On 12/24, Jake, dad, and I went to breakfast at Peppertree. We did some grocery shopping. I did some baking. Jake and I saw the new Spiderman. Jared and Amo came over, and we found that we were all wearing ugly sweaters, so we took pictures.


On Christmas, I finally had the go ahead to sweat, so I ran four miles. I had shin splints, but whatever. I missed running!

Dad and I did the stuffing first thing, and then Jake and I got Starbucks and a donut. I rode on dad's motorcycle to one of his club brothers' house. Everyone was nice.


Around 2pm my youngest brother finally came over, and we were able to open presents. All of us were so excited with their gifts from everyone. We had dinner around 5pm, and it all came out great.


We played Speak Out after dinner, and it was the most hilarious thing. I think I'll bring it home on every trip.





Overall, Christmas was a really great day. No drama. All blessings.



On 12/26, I got to drive out to see my high school bestie's new townhome in Pasadena. We got lunch at Cheesecake Factory and walked around Old Town Pasadena. We got churros and bubble tea, too.



Jake and I went to Rail Side Cafe for breakfast on 12/27. It was nice to talk to him. We went to Target, Trader Joe's, and 5 Below where I got a ton of stuff that I probably didn't need.



That night, Brittany Knotts and her fiancee came over. It was so good to see her and to meet him. After they left, I got a skinny hot chocolate and checked out a bargain store close to home. It was super weird; like a mix of the Dollar Tree and Big Lots, but less organized and more questionable.

On 12/28, I got up super early from my brother's alarm, and the wind had kept me up all night. So that wasn't fun. Dad and I went to Coffee Klatch and had good conversation, as we always do. I went with him to Petco and this market where he gets Cash his chicken for cheap. We got Ono Hawaiian Barbecue, which wasn't as good as Mo Bettah's.



I woke up unintentionally early on 12/29 and was able to get in a quick workout before Dad, Jared, Amoreena, and I spent the day at Universal Studios. Dad got us the fancy express passes so we basically walked on all the rides. And at Ollivander's wand shop, I was chosen to be the wizard whose wand chooses her. It was so awesome!









On 12/30, I left home around 8am and got back to Utah at 6:20pm (Utah time), so I made it in 9 hours and 20 minutes, which isn't bad since all my stops totaled 22 minutes. I hit some bad weather before Payson, and from Lehi to Sandy.

The last day of the year was pretty productive. I went to Orange Theory Fitness, did some cleaning and organizing, and took down Christmas. It's nice to have my house back. I got some new clients set up via email. I went grocery shopping and hit up Starbucks. I saw Mary Poppins by myself and drove to grandma's, where I ate some food and hung out for about an hour and a half. I picked up Crumbl on my way home. Danny and I watched How to Train Your Dragon, which he didn't like as much as Big Hero 6. We didn't make it to midnight. #oldpeople

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review