Reviewing My 20 for 20

I decided to take the challenge from the Happier podcast of making a "20 for 20" list for this year. I'm SO glad I did. 

I chose to make this a list of things I wanted to do. They didn't have to be goals or work or habits or anything like that. Purely things I wanted to do. 

So here are my 20, as typed in my iPhone notes:

  1. Do a paint night (done - Harry Potter!)
  2. Do three Gottman worksheets with Matthew (done - more than three!)
  3. Buy a bicycle (nope)
  4. Bake a new treat like creme brulee (done)
  5. Do an escape room (did this for my birthday!)
  6. Try a new fitness class (done)
  7. Watch a black and white film (done - My Man Godfrey)
  8. Read an intuitive eating book (done)
  9. Read a classic novel (done - Little Women)
  10. Run an accountability group (I tried; had little to no interest)
  11. Go on a ski lift (nope)
  12. Visit Antelope Island in April or May (nope)
  13. Visit the salt flats (nope)
  14. Go on a hike (done - several!)
  15. Tulip festival (nope; it was only online)
  16. Take a weekend trip (done)
  17. Learn a Christmas song on ukulele (done this week - Silent Night)
  18. Send out Christmas cards (done)
  19. Eat at Melting Pot (nope)
  20. Use my air fryer (we use it all the time)
Bonus:
21. Did a boudoir photo shoot
22. Went to Luminaria

I'm feeling pretty satisfied with how many things I did on this list, some with the help of Matthew. 14 out of 20 isn't too bad, right? Especially because they're things I wanted to do. A few notes about each item: 

1-2. I loved doing the paint night and the Gottman activities with Matthew. 
3. I still really want a bike. 
4. I enjoy baking but took a shortcut with the creme brulee and used a mix. I didn't love it. I also made coffee cake, which was delish.
5. I did an Escape Room for my birthday. Mostly I loved all my people who came. 
6. I tried a fitness class at Vasa that was like choreographed kickboxing. It was fun. 
7. I LOVED My Man Godfrey. I have loved every black and white classic film I've seen and want to watch more of them. 
8. I read Intuitive Eating in August. I loved it. 
9. I struggled through Little Women. It took me forever, but I did it. 
10. I tried to run an accountability group, but I only got my husband and my friend Kristen (always reliable) who wanted to do it. 
11. I was hoping to do a moonlight ski lift ride, but I don't even know if that was open this year.
12. By the time I checked my 20 for 20 list, this window had passed, and I absolutely cannot handle bugs, so I missed the chance for Antelope Island. 
13. Salt Flats - we planned to go in the summer, but it's a day-long commitment, and it was like 95 degrees when we wanted to go, so we didn't end up doing it.
14. We did lots of hikes!
15. Tulip Festival was online, and I didn't click the emails all the way through to see what I needed to do.
16. Take a weekend trip: we did a few. St. George in May was one of them.
17. It's been fun to pick up my ukelele again!
18. Christmas cards went smoothly, thanks to Matthew's participation and Wal-mart's speediness. 
19. I just haven't wanted to spend the money on trying this place out.
20. Literally we use my air fryer almost every day. I even got a newer bigger one because I loved my first one so much. 

I'm ready to make 21 for 21 and may move a few undone things from this list to my new one! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review