July in Review

July 1 was just a low-key day at home. Matthew went to work. I fed the baby and watched shows. I also went to Starbucks. Baby was really fussy this day, especially at the breast.

July 2 Matthew went back up to Wyoming for his family reunion to stay overnight. I cleaned the house while the baby slept and played. I did two loads of laundry. I did client check ins. And I went grocery shopping with the baby.



July 3 was another quiet day of feeding the boy. I finished watching Northman and also watched Dumplin.




July 4 we just hung out at home. I woke up to a text from my friend Brianne that she was in town from Colorado and wanted to bring me lunch and hang out. It was good to see her. Matthew and I watched A League of Their Own.



July 5 I had therapy. And a good thing because my emotions and anxiety have been running rampant lately. I got brave and decided to try grocery shopping for the first time with the baby. It was fine. But I was too scared to put the car seat in the front portion, and his car seat took up the whole cart. So next time I will just wear him in my baby wrap. Matthew's brother, SIL, and kids came over to see us and meet the baby.



July 6 Felt like a good day in general. We were out the door early to go and pick up milk from a young lady who wants to be our long-term donor. She basically makes double what her baby needs. I did some laundry and just spent time with the baby on this day since I didn’t have a lot of remaining time before going back to work. I caught up on my Happier podcast as well. The day was made even better because Matthew and I went out to dinner and got dessert. Thanks to my mom for watching the baby.



July 7 I took a rare morning to sleep in with the baby. He was up to eat at six. So after he ate, he fell asleep on my chest. I chose to lean back and sleep with him until 9, instead of getting up to eat or go on a walk or do whatever else. My sister-in-law texted to invite me to a family outing at Tibble Fork Reservoir. I debated for a little while. But I ended up packing us up and going. It was really hard (and so freaking hot out), but it was good to be out of the house and doing a summer activity before going back to work.





July 8 I started on our weekend cleaning and laundry. I also tried out baby's floor seat.



July 9 I got a massage. It was glorious. I finished up the cleaning.




July 10 I cried all day long about having to go back to work.

July 11 I went back to work. It was actually a really good day. I was incredibly busy, so I did not have time to cry. I pumped three times at work, and I was still really discouraged with my milk supply. When I got home, I did my best to take over for Matthew after eating dinner. I am proud that I got to bed by 10:15.

July 12 The baby decided to get up at 4:30 AM instead of his usual 6:00 or 6:30. Of course I spent too much money on Amazon prime day

July 13 Matthew had to go into the office, so my mom watched the baby. It was another fairly busy day. Trying to learn how to coordinate work while I work from home on Thursdays and I’m off on Fridays is a little bit tricky.




July 14 I worked at home, and kept busy doing insurance contracts. I went on a few short walking breaks outside with baby boy. I clocked out and took an outing to McD's and Swig. Matthew and I watched Ms. Marvel. 




July 15 I did my first official postpartum workout during a nap. I was sore the next three days! I met my beautiful friend Natalie for lunch at Village Baker. I dropped off a treat to my sister in law who was down the street at the hospital with her dad. I took a call from my boss, and ended up clocking in for a while even though I was supposed to be off. I picked up milk from my donor, Gabriela, and got Starbucks. Baby was still not wanting to latch or stay on the breast very long; I think he's tired of my low supply and slow flow, which I've shed many tears over. It was an emotional day for me. I got some beautiful messages from friends and from an IBCLC online, comforting me in my breastfeeding struggle. Matthew and I watched Good Luck, Leo Grande, and Only Murders in the Building. 



That night I ended up talking online with a mama in New York who was able to increase her supply from 1oz/session to fully supplying for her baby within a month, at 16 weeks postpartum. That whole discussion was a whirlwind for me. I was initially excited that there could be hope of me turning my supply around still, then felt like I hadn't tried hard enough, and then realized the next day that prior to 16 weeks she had adequate supply (which I've never had). I also learned after investigating my own efforts in the app I had used to track everything. I got up every single night from May 12 to June 20, and in that time I also did a power pump every day for two weeks. No supply changes for me. When all was said and done, I decided to just do what I can do. I can pump every 3 hours during the day (especially at work), and try to figure it out while I work at home and feed him a bottle. I may be able to fit in a power pump. I might get up occasionally to do a 3am pump. But at some point I have tried all these things, and nothing has changed. So I'm now going to just do what I can. I can increase my water intake. And I might rent a hospital grade pump from my IBCLC. But our income is still strained at the moment, especially because I have to back pay my insurance for the past three months. 

July 16 I was exhausted from being up too late talking to that lady. I got groceries and Dutch Bros. We watched Dr. Who and Ms. Marvel. Matthew got us Chili's with a gift card that we had. 




July 17 felt like a long day. I went on a walk in the morning. Matthew got me a Starbucks. We watched Miracle Workers and the Way Way Back. I meal prepped for my work week, and also made brownies. 

July 18 Work was super busy. I left my flanges and milk in the fridge at work when I came home for the day, so that sucks. We watched Ms. Marvel and Face Timed my dad. My baby is 3 months old!




July 19 baby had gone to sleep super late and then woke up super early. I was busy at work with lots of errands - Office Depot, Pirate O's, Chick Fil A, and Holiday Oil. My mom came to babysit, and we went to see Thor: Love & Thunder. 

July 20 I worked from home. My boss asked me to switch from Thursdays to Wednesdays since he usually travels on Wednesdays. It was a good day. I managed to pump while feeding the baby, mostly by propping up his bottle on blankets while he was in his swing. I updated this post and started writing more of our breastfeeding journey. 

July 21 I left my flanges at home even though I had to go to work. So I had to run back home and grab them. 

July 22 I got lunch at Village Baker with Nicole, my friend and former coworker. We watched Doctor Who.  

Our pump & eat setup


July 23 I got a massage. I cleaned a little bit. I watched Handmaid's Tale. Matthew got me two dozen roses. And we of course dealt with fireworks in our neighborhood. I gave baby a bath. 




July 24 I picked up some parenting books from a Buy Nothing group neighbor. We watched Doctor Who and Handmaid's Tale. 




July 25 was pioneer day. Sadly, it was just a long day of pumping and watching shows. I also took a nap. I listened to my audiobook as well.

July 26 was just a standard day at work. We watched Doctor Who and ate pizza with our T Mobile Tuesday discount. 



July 27 I was in a really busy work from home day. Matthew picked up more donated milk. I watched Handmaid‘s Tale and made a call to the bank.

July 28 was a rough night with the baby. Work was busy, and the baby was fussy in the evening. I started tidying up a little bit. 

July 29 I had a dentist appointment. No cavities! I started the weekend cleaning. I also started watching The Beatles Get Back. Matthew‘s sister Jacque came over to spend time with the baby. 




July 30 I went on a short walk. I gave the baby a bath. Did laundry and a little more cleaning. Kristen came over to see me and the baby and brought us diapers and swaddles, which was so nice! 




July 31 Joyce came to visit. Baby was fussy for her until he ate. I picked up a huge pump from my IBCLC to try out. So far it hasn’t gotten more milk from me, but it’s only been four pump sessions. It does get out the same amount of milk in about half the time! Matthew cooked dinner. 


Books I read this month:
We Were Never Here by Andrea Bartz (audiobook)
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (audiobook)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review