5K - On My Way

Well, a few days ago, I signed up for a 5K my district is doing on May 5.

Being that I've been running a lot in recent weeks, I figured 3.1 miles would be doable.

I ate the $22.50 registration fee (hey, at least I get a medal and a t-shirt), and signed up for the big event.

I ran every day over spring break because of the limitation of my gym membership to one location.

On Monday, after I signed up, I ran 3 miles on the treadmill at the gym. I did it in about 30 minutes (OK, 30 minutes and 34 seconds).

That's about a 10:11 mile. I was pretty happy with it. And I felt totally fine, like I could have kept going if I wanted to.

I texted my friend to tell him that I ran 3 miles in 30 minutes, and he texted back saying, "Wow, that's really good. Were you jogging?"

Ouch, Rob. Ouch.

I suppose maybe what I call "running" isn't really running at all.

I've added to my anxiety of this race with poor habits this week. Monday I ran and lifted. But after that... Yikes.

Tuesday I had class in Orem and dinner with a friend, so no workout.

And don't worry that yesterday I was like the walking dead and had a meltdown after I got home. Of course, I didn't work out because I was exhausted emotionally and physically. So I slept the whole day. Then I got up around 9 PM and ate. I got back in bed at 10 PM, but I couldn't fall asleep.

Then I ended up having a text and phone conversation that lasted until 10 minutes before I had to start getting ready for work. So, I didn't sleep a wink last night.

Naturally, I haven't worked out today. I don't think that would work out very well for me at all; I've been pretty foggy and dizzy today.

BUT!

I will work out tomorrow after work, and on Saturday I'll do the boot camp class at the gym. The thing about exercising regularly is that when I say "I will work out," that's not a question or something I tell myself to make myself feel better. I legitimately, unquestioningly, absolutely will. Pretty nice to be that consistent and regular about it, so that it's not really something I even have to think about anymore. It's just a built-in part of my routine.

Thus, I will be working out regularly and plenty prepared for this event.

I will kill the 5K, even if it's at a "jogging" pace.

KILL IT!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review