So You Think You Can Dance

So I have this love in my life. It's called "So You Think You Can Dance." It's on Fox. It is my favorite. Seriously. I don't watch a lot of TV shows. I don't like feeling obligated to finish things. Because then I have to. And I don't like when enjoyable things turn into things I have to do. Which is what happens with TV shows for me.

Anyway, I had my cool friends Kristen and Julie record my show on their DVR this past season. I seriously feel like I cannot live without it. I look forward to it every year, and when it's on I look forward to it every week!

Kristen decided to text-message the surprise to me yesterday morning: she would be taking me to see the LIVE SHOW. Fortunately, I had no other obligations for Friday night. She already bought the tickets. And she said, "Happy early birthday!" Three months too early, but for real? No complaints when it comes to this.

My mom and grandma wondered what my #sytycd business was all about on Instagram. So in all my excitement, I decided that I would just show them why I love the show. No matter who I am talking to about the show, I can't seem to avoid showing them all my favorite dances. I did it to Kristen. I've probably done it to you, too, if you're reading this.

If not, I'm about to. Here are some of my favorite dances from the show.

1. Mia Michaels' Addiction Dance


This one is so emotional for me no matter how many times I watch it. Kupono plays the demon, or the addiction itself. You can see how he weaves his way into her life. She becomes dependent on him. And he wraps his darkness around her. It's just beautiful and emotional, and hits really close to home.

2. Twilex Get Outta Yo' Mind


This one is even more impressive knowing that Alex is a danseur who is impressively keeping up with a professional hip-hop dancer. For real? It is amazing.

3. Bleeding Love


I am pretty sure Nappytabs can do no wrong. This one is both fun to watch and also emotional at the same time. Lyrical hip-hop is great. End of story.

4. Mia Michaels' Mercy


This one is just really clever and entertaining. I never get tired of it.

5. Mia Michaels' Cancer Piece


I love that Mia isn't afraid to do personal pieces. She does such beautiful choreography.

6. Mia Michaels' Around You


I've loved this dance since the moment it happened. I think it is extremely emotional but also insanely sexy. I loved Lacey and Kameron's chemistry. The music is bomb, too. (Favorite moment at 1:30)

7. Mia Michaels' Hometown Glory


To be honest I had forgotten about this one until just now. But the assisted running at around 1:12 is AMAZING. Classic moment on the show.

8. Travis Wall's Wicked Game


This is from this season, where Travis Wall repeatedly ripped my heart into pieces. The man is brilliant, and this is beautiful.

9. Joshua and Katee Bollywood


First Bollywood routine on the show. Best Bollywood routine on the show ever, in all the seasons. So good.

10. Fik-Shun Solo


Not because this is one of my favorite dances, but because he's probably the one I am most excited to see tomorrow. This kid is so talented, and such a hard worker. Such a good attitude. You can't help but love him.

It's hard because I've been watching it for so long that I am sure there are SO many amazing dances that I was "wowed" by a long time ago but cannot remember now. I have loved so many dancers, and so much choreography. Some of my favorite choreographers are Sonya Tayeh, Napoleon and Tabitha, Mia Michaels (could you tell?), Mandy Moore, and Travis Wall. They've done so many pieces that have moved me in one way or another. This season didn't disappoint.

I am so excited to go tomorrow! Thanks, Kristen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review