An Inventory

So, everyone who knows me knows I am a list maker. I make lists of really weird things. One list I've made for as long as I can remember is all of the Christmas presents I received in a year.

I am honestly not sure why I do this. I don't consider myself to be a very materialistic person. I try not to buy things I don't need. I am grateful for the things I have. So it's not so I can see "how much I got" on paper. I have thought and thought about why I do this, and I have no answer. I don't know if it's to commemorate all I got as an act of gratitude. I don't know if it's to compare Christmases. I don't know.

I am a little (OK a lot) bugged because I had my whole list typed out, but not saved, in Microsoft Word. I had planned on posting it to the blog tonight. Wouldn't you know it? My computer failed to turn back on correctly after I hibernated it, which I always do. That document has sat there unsaved for 13 days. Thirteen days, people! And not once did I lose it or have my computer crash. But of course, the night when I want to post it, I lose it.

Without further ado, here is my Christmas inventory. I apologize if I forgot anyone or anything. Please know it was probably there before my dumb computer ate it.

From Rachel I got:
Wheat Belly

From Kristen I got:
A thermos water bottle

From Julie I got:
A frame that says “joy” in it

From Allyn I got:
A plate of delicious treats

From Ashleigh I got:
A cute Los Angeles mug, some tea packets, and cough drops

From Carmen I got:
An Amish cookbook

From Therese I got:
A moonstone necklace

From my aunt Lisa and uncle Anthony I got:
A coral eternity scarf

From Jake I got:
A rabbit statue for my Chinese zodiac

From Jared I got:
Mini Yankee candles
Polka dot socks

From my parents I got:
No Doubt Tragic Kingdom on vinyl
A red snowflake spatula
A red measuring cup
A cast iron skillet cookie making kit
A digital kitchen scale
Grandma’s secret stain remover
A tropical island calendar
A paper weight with an inspirational quote on it
A foam roller
A zest grater
The Wizard of Oz on Blu-Ray
Les Miserables on Blu-Ray
A beautiful black dress
Snake egg magnets
A purse hook for finding keys
Hershey almond nuggets
Haribo gummy bears
A lot of money

From Patrick I got:
A sweet letter
Flowers
7 vinyl records (BTO, The Carpenters, The Cars, Foreigner, The Knack, Billy Squier, Styx)
Warm Bodies on Blu-Ray
Back to the Future Trilogy on Blu-Ray
Say Anything on Blu-Ray
Great Gatsby on Blu-Ray

From grandparents I got:
Money

I am so thankful for all I received. But the best part of Christmas was getting to spend some relaxing time at home. Beautiful California weather, a newly remodeled home (that no longer smells like smoke), and delicious local donuts made for a lovely break. Of course, I got sick, and am still getting rid of the remnants of it two weeks later. But it was still a great, long break. 

I am blessed and feel like my 2013 was a whole lot better and easier for me than it was for a lot of people I know. The greatest gift in my life is, has been, and always will be, the gospel of Jesus Christ. It gives me hope and purpose. 

Here's to 2014, and to being almost halfway through the school year with lazy 8th graders!

Comments

Lisa Petrarca said…
Your just like your grandma Nae…she's ALWAYS made lists for EVERYTHING! So much so that I had chore lists posted up daily (hence the reason I NEVER MAKE LISTS!lol!) I refuse to even make grocery lists!hahaha!

I think it's awesome you keep a Christmas gift list. I have to admit…I scanned to make sure you didn't forget mine!LOL! And OF COURSE you didn't. Love you Nae Nae<3

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review