Chateaux at Silver Lake

On Sunday night, my good friend Aaron invited me to his company's Christmas party. Aaron works for Zagg, the company that makes InvisibleShields.

Naturally, I accepted the invitation. Who doesn't want to go to an awesome resort in Park City, dress up all pretty, eat free food, and be on the arm of an attractive man? Well, I just can't say no to that.

We stayed at The Chateaux. We arrived at about 5:30 and checked in. Our room was on the first floor. It was pretty small, but really nice. The bed was amazing. There was a fireplace. It was lovely. I thought Aaron got pictures of the room, but he didn't. So here are some other ones he took.



It took me a really long time to get ready. I triple barreled my hair, which is about down to my waist. So it took a while, but I am thinking it was worth the trouble.



We're cute, aren't we?

So we headed to dinner about ten minutes late thanks to my beautifying process (in my defense, he picked me up 20 minutes later than he was supposed to!).

Dinner was fabulous. I wish I had taken pictures of it. It started with a salad with balsamic dressing, and a tomato and cheese arrangement of sorts. It was yummy. Then dinner was chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese and mashed potatoes and buttered carrots. The potatoes were soooooooo yummy and creamy and delicious. Dessert was a cheesecake with dark chocolate sauce on it. Yum.

Somewhere in between there, we went and got some pictures taken by a professional photographer. He showed us on his camera afterward, and they are REALLY cute. I am excited to see them printed.

We watched some videos about the company and then listened to about an hour and a half of thank yous and highlights for the year. Zagg really is an impressive company.

This company has been known to spoil its employees. Last year, they got iPads for Christmas. In the summer, Aaron and his coworkers got iPods. He was anxiously anticipating what they would all receive this year.

Yeah. A Sharp 40" flat screen hi-def TV. Really!? In case you wanted to know how Aaron felt about this...


They could also exchange that for a $500 American Express card. If you were in doubt for some reason, he is keeping the TV.

We went back to the room to leave his goodies there (certificate, two Zagg chocolate bars, and a "jaunting" sweat jacket thing). I changed shoes, and we went back to dance. We danced until almost 11. It was so fun. I haven't danced in a long time. And I was totally goofy and awful, but I just wanted to have fun, so I did. They played "I Saw Her Standing There," "I Will Survive," "Boot Scootin' Boogie," "Tik Tok," "Dynamite," "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough," and other fun ones. The "slow" songs we danced to included Elvis Presley's, "Can't Help Falling In Love," and "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond.

So we headed back to the room at 10:50. I took a picture of myself after dancing and getting all sweaty. But there's some idea of how I looked, at least.


Then Aaron decided we should wear the amazing robes they had hanging in the closet. So this is what followed.


We're dorks. I know.

And he took a picture of me sans makeup. Yikes.


I also did some videos for his next Webisode. What a goof. I think I made the camera shake from laughing at him, so his video probably won't be as usable. Oh well! :)

After our goofy robe photo shoot, we ate a Lindor chocolate that was left on the bed for us... and settled into that huge, feathery, king sized bed around midnight.

Neither of us wanted to get out of bed this morning. But we did, eventually, after lying there talking about lots of things for a while.

We had intended to eat breakfast at Main Street in Park City, but we didn't plan that out well enough, couldn't find Main Street, and ended up having Subway breakfast sandwiches at Kimball Junction. We hit the road, and here I am. I am super sleepy but had so much fun, as I always seem to do with Aaron.

Thanks for the fabulous trip, Aaron.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review