My Weekend

Sometimes people ask how my weekend was, and usually it's just not that cool. This weekend was pretty darn good. Not because of anything really special, but I just have had a good, productive weekend.

After work on Friday, I went to the gym. I showered and got ready for a date. We went to Last Samurai Japanese restaurant and did the hibachi grill experience. It was fun. Then we saw We Bought a Zoo. Wow. I loved this movie so much! I needed a pick-me-up, feel good movie, and the fact that it was directed by Cameron Crowe qualified it even more. SO good.

Saturday morning, I slept in late (till 11, if you must know). I ate some waffles, graded some late work, entered some worksheets, and graded and entered extra credit work. Then I went to the gym where I read the last of my assigned book for my Tuesday night class, Shipwreck at the Bottom of the World. I did half an hour on the elliptical, fifteen minutes on the stair master, and fifteen minutes on the bike. I wanted to run but really needed to finish the book, so I stuck with those three machines since I could read while sweating.

When I got home, I did my write-up for class about the book and emailed it to my professor since I may not be in class on Tuesday.

I showered and headed to my grandma's. I graded some book reviews (not many at all), and then ended up getting to go with my cousin to see Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows in the theater! My grandma bought two tickets, and my brother was asleep. So I took his ticket. It was AWESOME! Sherlock Holmes movies take a lot of my brain power, which I love. I appreciate smart movies. But I always have to see it a few times before I completely catch on as to how everything connects together. I really enjoyed it though. I went home and went to bed.

I got woken up by a text around 9 AM from my partner about what we wanted to do for our meeting. We worked that out. I typed up an agenda for the meeting and printed out some copies. I also got a couple loads of laundry in.

While laundering my clothes, I got a whole class of book reviews graded. I went to church, made copies of the visiting teaching assignments, held the meeting, and then churched it up. I went straight to my grandma's from church, where I managed to get two more periods of book reviews graded in spite of the noise of a bunch of crazies under 10 years of age, my mother's birthday festivities, and having to pick up my cousin and bring her over.

Since getting home, I have gotten my other load of laundry into the dryer, and have gotten another class of book reviews graded. I've got two more to go. I am debating on doing one more before I go to sleep.

So this weekend has been a good mix of accomplishment and fun, which is what I need my life to be in order to be happy. Thus, a positive blog post. :)

This week is the end of the term. I've got more assignments to grade tomorrow, more late work coming in, and six classes of narratives and essays to grade all by Friday at 5 PM. Tuesday night I am busy with my mom's birthday festivities. Wednesday night I've got relief society visits for my calling. Thursday I have plans with my friend Kara. So yeah we'll just pray I can get things done, I guess.

Onward, to another crazy week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review