A Step Forward

I have a lot of blog posts that I want to and need to post. 

For today though, I'll just talk about today. 

It's a Friday, which is already good. 

It started off with donuts, which is also good. 

Then in walked a friend and coworker to my classroom with a Christmas card for me. I opened it, just excited to be getting a card and the words inside were beautiful. Not only that, but there was a $100 bill in there. My mouth fell open. What on earth? This was so unexpected, and too much. I ran up to her classroom and hugged her and yelled at her saying it was too much, and she must be kidding. How amazing and sweet is she? Wow. I have been in awe all day from her generosity and love. 

My kids were pretty good today, too. Especially for a short day and Friday. 

I got an email early this morning from the National Academy of Sports Medicine. I did a free trial a couple months ago, and talked with my rep, telling him I wouldn't be able to start the program financially until February. They've emailed me for months with random temporary deals. I just delete them because they literally email me every other day. But not today. Today, it was a "today only" deal. And the deal was, "No payments until February." This is exactly what I wanted and needed. So I called and picked the program I wanted to do. There's no interest or anything. 

I am now enrolled in the Certified Personal Trainer program through NASM. My book is in the mail. And I can start my online course whenever I'm ready. It includes weekly quizzes, midterms, and a final exam. 

I went to donate plasma today, but my hermatocrit was too low by 1 point. :( I even had egg whites, spinach, and Shakeology today. Dang you, low iron! But it's OK.

I came home and did an Insanity workout and ran a mile. I copied my music and document files onto my newish laptop, so everything's pretty much all set up like I need. 

My roommate and I went to TGI Friday's for dinner. I had a coupon. We got a couple things at Michael's and Wal-Mart (including a new tree topper that is sadly too heavy for my little tree). And we got Cold Stone. Because you know. I wanted to feel like hurling the rest of the night. 

Since getting home, I've uploaded a lot of pictures I need for a Christmas project I'm working on. And I also taught myself how to make a Windows backup disc, and have begun a formal reset of my old laptop so my roommate can use it. 

I'm feeling happy, accomplished, and very smart today. 

Most of all, I'm satisfied to have taken a step in the direction of my goals, regardless of how life has kicked me around this year.

Soldier on, and happy Friday! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review