Because I'm Five Feet Tall

So here's the thing: My office (Institutional Assessment and Analysis) just moved.

We moved from the BEST location on campus. I'm convinced. The only thing that may have come close to a better location would be the library, since it's near pretty much everything.


(Faculty Office Building--near everything else, circled in red. Abraham Smoot Building--away from everything else, X-shaped, circled in green.)

We were at the Faculty Office Building. This location was ideal because:

It was located right at the top of the stairs I climb up to get onto campus (so I could drop my food off at work in the morning before class).

It was located 30 seconds away from the Joseph F. Smith Building (JFSB), where, as an English major, most of my classes are held.

I could avoid crowds because, hey, my office was right across the street from everything. Let me just digress for a moment here about how I am so NOT a large crowd type of person. It's been so frustrating to arrive to class all sweaty with my shins hurting. I have to walk in this huge crowd of sheep that migrates at the speed of a vagrant pushing a shopping cart. And I can't see anything ahead of me because... Oh yeah... I'm five feet tall! Grr. Thanks, ASB, for making me take ten minute walks in annoying crowds.

It was no more than a three minute walk from every other building I may have needed to go to--the SWKT, the MCKB, the JKB, and the Brimhall.

It was easy access for visitors to drive in and pick me up or see me (not that that happens much anymore).

I could maximize my work time because my walking-to-and-from-class time was minimal.

As sad as I am to have left, I thought it might be good to point out one or two advantages of this move.



One is that if I have important things to take care of, like turning in my graduation application or taking care of fees or getting my transcripts--that all happens in this building.

The other good thing is that the parking lot I now park in is about a 4-minute, non-sweaty walk from the office (rather than at the top of 101 stairs).

I have a very cool corner desk:


With a view of campus. Sweet.


Finally, since this building is super old, we have antique hand dryers. This might sound silly, but look how cool these things are!



Might I add that there is this little sign on the top about rotating the dryer:


Multi-functioning antique hand dryers? It doesn't get any better. Plus, I don't even have to rotate it to get it to blow in my face, why? Oh yeah... Because I'm five feet tall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review