Let it Be Known!

Those who know me know I love movies. I love them with an indescribable passion. If I go too long without movies, I get kind of moody and feel a little unbalanced.

Today I went and saw Avatar in 3D. Alone. Because I'm used to that.

It was by far one of the most amazing and spiritual film experiences of my life.

The story, while predictable, was highly entertaining.

The characters were sympathetic and real.

The special effects, the creativity, the world (Pandora), the creatures were absolutely and breathtakingly beautiful.

I teared up several times throughout that movie.

While I was watching, before it was even the middle of the movie, I decided that it was amazing. I was trying to come up with the words in my mind to describe the experience. I came up with epic, brilliant, beautiful, and spiritual. 

I was so floored and overwhelmed when it was over that I sat and watched most of the credits before I felt like I was going to burst out in verbal exclamation with how much I loved that movie.

Don't worry that I cried on the phone to my dad because of my overwhelmed state of being as a result of watching that movie.

I was also shaking for thirty minutes afterward.

I don't think there's anything more to say.

Hats off, James Cameron. You are the man!

But so is Sam Worthington, whom I will marry tonight. He doesn't know yet. (Don't worry, it's been planned since I went to the midnight showing of Terminator: Salvation. We're not a couple who rushes into things.)



I love that he had such a hard time disguising his accent in Avatar, by the way. Too cute.

Comments

Erica Crismon said…
is it bad that i almost prefer going to movies alone now? solo cinema experiences must be a blood thing, we all love it.

is it also bad that i have a totally illegal copy of avatar that i plan to watch very soon? can't wait.

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review