Today's Gonna be a Good Day

My last post was my 200th post. Whoa.

Last Christmas my romantic life was a bit of a mess.

This Christmas my romantic life is non-existent.

I guess I'd rather have non-existence than sad drama.

My day today was awesome. I let my kids do research in the library which saved my voice and stress. They did pretty good, a few students excepting.

During my prep period, I didn't really have anything to grade or do. So I went to the faculty room where there lay an array of FOOD waiting for me.

Oh the glories that were there.

As always, the water warmer and hot cocoa, available--at my disposal.

A slim long table containing chips and three or four different types of dip.

A table in the corner with five or six crock pots containing various soups, ham, and little smokies.

A long table in the middle with a variety of desserts, vegetables and dip, and chips.

I loaded up a plate, got some hot chocolate, sat on the couch, and read Ender's Game.

It was one of the most relaxed, fun, comfortable moments that I've had in a really long time.

Then the principal and his assistant came in, shouting my name because they had found me. They handed me a red envelope and said, "Merry Christmas!" I accepted it and said, "Thank you."

I set it down and looked at it a few minutes later, expecting a letter of appreciation for my work and efforts.

But no!

It was a $25 gift certificate for University Mall!

Could the day get better? I submit that it could not.

But THEN! I left work at 3:20 in the afternoon. That is SO early, and never happens. I don't think it has ever happened, actually.

Could the day get better? No sir.

But THEN!

Russel won So You Think You Can Dance.

And almost all was right in my world. On this day, December 16th.

It's been a good day.

Comments

Camille said…
best day ever is right!

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review