Preggers!

Today, for the second time in the last few months, I was asked if I am pregnant.

Because of my back and forth dieting, I have gained a considerable amount of weight in recent months. Not enough to go up a full pants size or anything, but enough that I recognize it and am bothered by it. Even with this weight gain, and upon checking and re-checking the mirror, I don't believe my uterus is sticking out.

Ugh.

The first question, at my former place of employment, occurred during a conversation regarding a coworker who was expecting. The asker said, "And you're pregnant too, right?" "... No..." And she recovered by saying, "Oh that's right it's Amanda, not you. I knew someone else was pregnant and for some reason I got you two mixed up."

You mean for some reason I looked like I'd be a viable candidate for said pregnancy? Thanks.

The second question, at my best friend's place of employment, occurred when I came to visit her. The asker said, "Are you pregnant too?" I shook my head, staring blankly at her. She said, "Oh, sorry! It's just that all of her friends are pregnant, so I thought you might be too!" "Nope..." *Awkward silence awaiting Shivani's entrance to the scene* After I informed Shivani of this event, she said, "She asked because all of my friends are pregnant right now. And think of it this way, if you just barely got pregnant, you wouldn't even be showing, right?"

Assuming her coworker actually thought I had just barely conceived. Thanks.


The angle at which it may look as though I am expecting. Although, it's more of a belly stick-out than a uterus stick-out.


The angle at which the girl today was seeing me when she asked if I was pregnant.

Oh well. Back on the diet I go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review