Tiger's Blood and Sara Lee

So for five or six months a little while I've had an addiction to the Tiger's Blood Italian Soda at the Cocoa Bean Cupcake Cafe. It's strawberry coconut, for those of you who don't know. It is delicious. I may or may not have earned a few free drinks on their drink cards. They use half and half, strawberry and coconut Torani syrups, and sparkling water... Plus a little whipped cream on top. It's glorious. One of the saddest things about my move away from Provo (one of the maybe 3 things...) is that I can't have these sodas when I feel like it. Not to mention the cupcakes.

Some of you might remember my chocolate chip thing that I did when I had a Red Mango addiction. I am a bargain shopper and will do what I can to save a buck in a craving.

So, naturally, what do I do when I don't have this soda available at my leisure? Price the Torani's of course.

K-Mart had a deal of three 750 ml for $28 or so. I found a better deal on worldpantry.com where I got the same amount for $22. So I got three 750 ml of coconut, 3 bottles of strawberry, and 1 bottle of vanilla (for fun).


(actual photo taken on my beautiful table, only half of my syrups)

I received my package today, so of course I had to try my hand at my Italian concoction (with a little recipe help from Torani's website).

It wasn't perfect, but it was dang good. It'll take a few more practices. Don't worry though, I'm willing to drink it "only OK" several more times... hahaaaa! I think it'll take a little less water, or a little more syrup. Either way, I'll get it right very quickly.

Oh, and don't worry that I got blueberry bagels, a loaf of honey wheat bread, and honey nut Special K bars for $3. There is a Sara Lee outlet right by my apartment. I shall no longer pay $3 per loaf at the grocery store. They shall not get the better of me!

Since I live alone, I have to make my life fun. So I cooked hot dogs over my fireplace in my living room. I was going to do s'mores also (I have the stuff), but am full after that Italian soda. Maybe tomorrow night with Sydnie or Raytch. 

I also watched The Runaways tonight. Excellent performance on the part of Dakota Fanning, and, I'll admit it, even on Kristen Stewart's part. I think her facial expression never changes, but it was one of her better performances. Lots of language, and lez action, if you're into that. I'm not, but the movie was alright. 

My coffee table should get here tomorrow! Pray that Knight's calls about the arrival of my bedroom set as well! Please!

I meet my few 7th graders tomorrow. Wish me luck. We'll see how quickly I fall back into my teacher game, eh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review