August in Review
8/1 I got up with AJ and did some cleaning. I got to the gym about 9:15 and took a long time there for long rests. Deadlifts were a bit of a struggle but not because of pain. I rinsed off, and after getting in the car to go to the pool, I spilled my shake all over myself. We made it to the pool around 1pm and stayed till almost 3pm. I rinsed off the pool grossness. We just hung out and had a calm afternoon; AJ and I danced in the living room. That evening I killed more squash bugs in the garden. I cleaned the floors while bed time was going on.
8/2 I hung out in bed until about 7:30 while Matthew hung out with AJ. I started some laundry and went on a walk. I did lots of cleaning and tidying, like lint rolling and washing the couch covers. I had tutoring at 11:30 at my house, and then Little Caes for lunch with them afterward. I prepped my lunches and pills for the week. We went to dinner at Ethan and Whitney's which was so good. AJ got an Elsa doll from his cousin Violet, which made his whole life. We got home and got AJ in bed then were up for a while talking.
8/3 I was up early for the gym -- meet week. I got a really upsetting message from a lifelong friend, so that was a stressful part of my day/evening (and really affected me for a while, actually). After work I got AJ and picked up my prescription. We got home and had a Kevin's Meal. We did bath time and spent time in the backyard. After bed time, we finished the series finale of Peaky Blinders.
8/4 I didn't get up to walk but should've since it was so nice in the morning. Work was fine, just a virtual class and a couple of meetings. Matthew got AJ so we could try to leave on time. Hannah came over to watch AJ. We drove down to Orem for Spiderman. We were a few minutes late; traffic was bad. We got home right around 10pm.
8/5 I got up early for the gym. Work was alright--another virtual class, and made popcorn all day. Matthew got AJ, and we met at Itto Sushi for dinner. Then we went to Sunset Safari at the zoo. The smoke and fire caused an incredible sunset. By the time we got home, we realized we had forgotten to pick up my car at Itto Sushi. So we had to go back for it, and got AJ to bed really late.
8/6 I was up for a morning walk. I had a class at work, but it was otherwise pretty quiet. I got AJ and handled the evening solo since Matthew was at the kitchen. I made AJ some caprese and heated up food for myself. We did bath and bed time. I checked the garden and found my squash plant (fine in the morning) was completely keeled over. Super sad.
8/7 I got up early for the gym--easy day of 1 rep at light weight. I worked a half day and went to the DMV for a new license to match our new address, but I left my license at home. So I got groceries, took them home, did some cleaning, and tried again at the DMV with lots of traffic on the way. My picture looks a lot better than my last one, thankfully. I got Thirst, got gas, and got AJ. We ate dinner and went to Cold Stone with gift cards. Matthew helped with bed time. We watched House of the Dragon.
8/8 I woke up around 7 and left at 8:30 for my power lifting meet in Murray.
Squats: 232 - two out of three whites, failed twice at 249lb.
Bench press: white lights on all lifts: 117, 128, and 133
Deadlifts: white lights on all lifts: 243, 260, 282
I got first place only because there were two in my weight class, and I came in weighing slightly less than she did. Otherwise we tied points! So I got a medal, but it doesn't feel like I really earned it.
My mom ended up watching AJ since Matthew had to go to the kitchen. AJ made it through squats and bench presses in a REALLY hot gym. Mom took him back to our house. Grandma stayed back with me. I stayed for awards and drove us home. I walked on the treadmill and showered. We went to dinner at Old Spaghetti Factory and watched Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. Matthew did bath time. I was in bed and asleep before 10pm.
8/9 I woke up around 7am. AJ and I went to Sidecar Doughnuts and Raw Bean. We came home and finished Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. We went to Petco for litter and for AJ to wander. I walked on the treadmill. I had therapy at noon. We went to the pool at 1:30; my mom and cousin came. We got peaches at Kuwahara, came home to change, and used a gift card at Mo Bettahs. We got boba and watched Honey, I Blew Up the Kid.
8/10 I got up before 6am and ran 1 mile, then walked a few minutes. At work I had New Hire Orientation. After I got AJ, we went home and ate dinner. At 6:30 we had our orientation for Waterford Upstart. We got Blacksmith Ice Cream after. We did bed time and watched House of the Dragon. All in all a really good day, especially for a Monday.
8/11 I got up for a walk before work. Work was fairly busy with a Galaxy meeting, a 1:1, team lunch at Slackwater, and a connect meeting. I got AJ from daycare. We had a normal evening at home. We started to watch Good Luck, Have Fun, Don't Die.
8/12 I did Core de Force before work. Work was fine--just popcorn day and participated in a class. We ate and did Ms. Debbie videos. We spent time in the garden and did bed time. We watched Ted Lasso. I totally forgot to join our HOA call, and I'm on the board, so that was great.
8/13 I went on a morning run. I created our Ms. Debbie reel and did a "kinda chic" Instagram post. Matthew picked up AJ and made a pad Thai type dish for dinner that was really good. I did bath time. We finished Good Luck, Have Fun, Don't Die.
8/14 I walked before work. I worked a half day and came home to see Matthew. Matthew went to help his mom. I got my emissions done on my car then shopped at Smith's. After putting groceries away, I went and got AJ. We toured a pre-school. We did Ms. Debbie activity. After Matthew got home, I went to book club and The Chocolate before coming home. We watched Michael.
8/15 I did cardio, and Matthew went on a walk. We went to the Pink Box Doughnuts grand opening in Sandy and stood in line for an hour before giving up. We got Dutch Bros and took AJ to the park. After getting home, I took a nap. We ate dinner and went to Sweetaly.
8/16 We slept until about 7am. AJ and I went to Sidecar Doughnuts and found out a daycare mom works there; she gave us a free donut! So nice. AJ and I went on a 1.5 mile walk. I cleaned the floors, rinsed off, and had virtual therapy at 10am. I did dishes, washed a rug and couch cover, and went to the park to see AJ and Matthew. We got ready for the pool and went swimming with my mom from 1:45-3:45. We got home and Face Timed my dad, ate, and had a low key evening.
8/17 I was up early to lift and wash my hair. AJ went to a backup daycare, and we found out some really unsettling news about the daycare he was at from March to June. Work was quiet, but I had things to work on. Matthew picked up AJ since he was just down the street from us at a backup daycare, with a gal from his previous daycare. We did our Ms. Debbie reading practice, watched shows, and did bed time. Matthew and I started the Peaky Blinders Immortal Man.
8/18 I got up to walk in the morning. Work was fine. I picked up AJ and changed clothes at home. Rachel came with us. We went to In N Out to eat and then went to a Bees game. The game was REALLY long, not even in the 7th inning by 9:00. So we got Rockwell Ice Cream and got home about 10:30.
8/19 I struggled to get up for the gym, plus I was still sore, so I slept in and went on a walk instead. I had a class and popcorn day at work. I got AJ and picked up prescriptions at Walmart. We got Little Caesars because Matthew was at the kitchen. We ate, did Ms. Debbie's activities, watched 15 minutes of TV, and did bath and bed time.
8/20 I got up for the gym. I had a lot of meetings throughout the morning for our new LMS. After getting AJ we stopped at the gym so I could help with the laundry. After dinner, we got Blacksmith Ice Cream. We did a Ms. Debbie's activity with AJ. After bed time, we watched Ted Lasso.
8/21 I walked before work. I worked a half day, getting ready for orientation and then doing LinkedIn Learning. After work I got gas at Sam's, got lunch at Thirst (Monte Cristo sandwiches), and got groceries at Smith's Draper. I did cleaning while listening to my audiobook. I got AJ and took him to the library; he was so excited.
8/22 I got up and fed AJ, started laundry, and did AJ's first Waterford Upstart lesson with him. I went to the gym, did my workout, and came home. I showered, made a (really gross) shake, and got AJ into the car to go to Matthew's sponsored party with Windermere. We got lunch at The Break Cafe, which was actually really good.
![]() |
| In his element |
8/23 We went to breakfast at First Watch. I picked some tomatoes. AJ and I got ready to go swimming while Matthew worked on my car. We got to the pool at 10:45 since Monica and her daughter were there early. We stayed until 12:30, got Raw Bean, and went home. I did a treadmill walk, and AJ took a nap after eating lunch. I made banana cake and woke both boys up after 3pm. I showered and pulled weeds since the ground was wet. We had dinner at our neighbor Laurie's house. It was fun and nice to get to know them.
![]() |
| Unsightly |
8/24 I went on a walk before work and took AJ to daycare since Matthew had his golf event. I had new hire orientation, a big group! I picked up AJ. Matthew made dinner--kielbasa and potatoes, plus salad I brought home from work. We just had a calm evening at home. We did bed time and watched Dead to Me.
8/25 I was up early for the gym. Work was busy with classes and meetings, plus a virtual fertility appointment. I got AJ, and we had dinner at home. Matthew and I both weren't feeling well. We played on the couch and did a Ms. Debbie activity. We did bath time and bed time.
![]() |
| He asks me to do this, for the record. He laughs hysterically. |
8/26 I got up to walk before work. We had lots of meetings, and I did popcorn and coughed all day. We went to Itto sushi and didn't end up going to our real estate agent's activity because Matthew felt awful. So we canceled our sitter. We did bed time and watched Ted Lasso. AJ puked at 9:40, so we did a bath and switched his sheets. I went to bed at 10:30, and Matthew woke me up at 11:30 because AJ threw up again with a sheet and pajama switch.
8/27 AJ puked again at 1am, and needed another bath since it was in his hair. I was up at 6:45 since the gym wasn't happening after that rough night. Went to work for a half day then came home to watch AJ so Matthew could go to work. I made dinner. We took a family walk to the park and did bed time.
8/28 I went to the gym early and set up for work on Monday, then went back home because AJ still didn't feel well. I did some laundry, then took AJ to Walmart, Smith's, and McDonald's (drive thru). I cleaned. I got gas with Matthew. We went to Brooker's Ice Cream. After bed time we watched Dead to Me, and I did Amazon Flex onboarding.
8/29 I was up about 7. I started laundry and went to the gym. I got ready then drove AJ in a rainstorm to go to his friend's birthday party at the park. After that, we got Pink Box and Starbucks before going home. I watched some of K Pop Demon Hunters with AJ. I made spaghetti and meat sauce, and it turned out terribly, sadly. I did bath. After bed time, we watched Dead to Me.
![]() |
| I take pictures of my mileage. Weird probably? |
8/30 AJ woke me up around 7:30. I made pumpkin pancakes and took AJ on a walk. I worked for hours in the garden, pulling weeds, and Matthew did yard work. We cleaned floors in the house and finished K Pop Demon Hunters. Matthew did AJ's bath. We watched Dead to Me after bed time.
8/31 I went on a walk before work. I had new hire orientation. I picked up AJ. Matthew made us dinner. I prepped my lunches and supplements for the week. I cut up pineapple. AJ and I made brownies. We danced in the kitchen. .After bed time we watched Dead to Me.
Books I read in August
-The Odyssey by Homer (audiobook)
-It's Not Her by Mary Kubica (audiobook)
-That's a Great Question, I'd Love to Tell You by Elyse Myers (audiobook)
-The Good Girl by Mary Kubica (audiobook)
-Z for Zachariah by Robert C. O'Brien (audiobook)
-That's a Great Question, I'd Love to Tell You by Elyse Myers (audiobook)
-The Good Girl by Mary Kubica (audiobook)
-Z for Zachariah by Robert C. O'Brien (audiobook)

























Comments