September in Review

9/1 I was up early for the gym. Work was fine; I kept busy. I picked up AJ but had to clean him up at daycare since he pooped his pants. More tummy problems ensued as he screamed in the car on the way home. He screamed in pain on the toilet for quite a long time. By 6:45, he was good for the evening. I helped with bath and bed time, then went on a walk at 8 with a neighbor/ministering sister from church. I learned a lot about her and really enjoyed the chat. Plus it was a lovely evening outside. I had a hard day emotionally and talked to Matthew in bed. 

9/2 I slept in and did some walks at work. I had a skip-level meeting with our Chief HR Officer that went really well. Matthew picked up AJ. I got home, changed my shoes, made a shake, and went to do my first Amazon Flex delivery. I waited until about 6:30 before they had no routes for me, so I was paid to sit there and go home an hour early. I did a Ms. Debbie's activity with AJ. We did bed time, watched Ted Lasso, and talked. 


9/3 I had a hard time getting up in the morning so I went on a short walk before work. Work was busy with ESL, meetings, a training workshop, and other tasks. Matthew picked up AJ again since I signed up for another Flex shift at 6pm after my dinner plans got canceled. 


9/4 I went to the gym. I worked a half day. I did an Amazon Flex shift which went well other than a drop off at Intermountain Murray, which was a disaster. I did a little cleaning and picked up AJ. We got boba. We did Ms. Debbie's, ate, cleaned up, and did a dance party before bed and bath time. 

9/5 I went to the gym. I got ready and went to the gym then to the Out of Darkness walk my event was sponsoring. We stayed till around 1pm, then I took AJ to the pool. It was just the two of us there, and it was too windy to be enjoyable, so we didn't stay long. I cleaned the floors. We went to Trader Joe's. AJ and I jumped on the trampoline. 


9/6 AJ and I went on a walk. Matthew went to open houses. AJ and I went to Pink Box Donuts and the Aquarium. I cleaned floors. We got gas and went through the car wash. I made some banana cake. We got Chinese food for dinner, and Mariah came. 




9/7 I got up about 6am to go to the gym with a wonky hip after sleeping. After getting ready, we left for Logan. We spent a couple of hours there at my brother's house. We grabbed lunch at In-N-Out as we were all starving. We drove home. Matthew made dinner, and we had Dianne over. I cleaned up. We spent some time in the backyard did bath and bed time. 


9/8 I woke up for a quick walk before my ultrasound in Daybreak. I had two good mature follicles. Work was OK. I had to call the U of U pharmacy for my fertility medication. When I got there after work, the payment system was down. So I went to get AJ, ate at home, did Waterford Upstart with AJ, and had to go back to Midvale to pick up my Rx. Matthew handled bath time, and we did bed time. I did my trigger shot.

9/9 I got up to go to the gym. Work was a little busy with popcorn and meetings. I got AJ, picked up a prescription from Walmart, and went home. I had an HOA meeting that wasn't too long, thankfully. I contacted Xfinity which took longer than I wanted. I did Waterford with AJ. We did bed time and watched Ted Lasso. 

9/10 I got up early to walk. I had another ultrasound. I worked and picked up AJ and took him home. I had an Amazon Flex shift but didn't get a route. I picked tomatoes and did bath time and Waterford Upstart with AJ. 

9/11 I got up to walk. I worked a half day, got groceries, put them away, and did another Amazon Flex shift which was way too hot in my car. I did some laundry and cleaning. Matthew picked up AJ. I went to book club and called my dad after since his dog passed away that morning. Matthew and I watched Dead to Me. 

9/12 I went to the gym. I had therapy. I took AJ to the very last pool day of the summer. We came home, and I got ready. Jim watched AJ so Matthew and I could go to dinner at Libertango. We went to the mall afterward. We got home before bed time. We watched Dead to Me. 







9/13 was Matthew's birthday. We went to breakfast at First Watch because we had a BOGO. We baked a cake and went on a walk to the park. Matthew did yard work. AJ took a nap. We did singing and cake after his nap because he was so excited to do it. Matthew left around 4 to go to the movies with Kevin and Jim. AJ and I watched All Dogs Go to Heaven. We spent time outside. We did bath and bed time. 





Soup for breakfast


9/14 I got up for the gym. I had new hire orientation at work with a really good group. I picked up AJ. Matthew made fried rice for dinner. I got an unexpected call from an IVF clinic I had reached out to, so that took a bit of time. But the boys played with Matthew's new RC car in the backyard. We did bed time and watched Dead to Me. We had to go back in around 9:30 to give AJ more cough medicine because he kept coughing. 

9/15 I got up a little bit early to walk. I did blood work, which was slow and annoying. The phleb was new and had to stick me THREE times. Nobody's ever had an issue at that clinic before, and I ended up with a bruise. I had a virtual class at work and some tasks come up. I got off at 4pm, got gas, and got AJ. We ate. I went and got myself a sundae at Leatherby's. Matthew and AJ were outside for a bit. After bed time Matthew and I talked.

9/16 I got up for the gym. It was popcorn day and generally a busy workday. Matthew picked up AJ. I picked up pizza. We ate at home then headed to the fair. We got a lemonade, walked through the animal buildings, got an octopus cotton candy for AJ, did some kiddie rides, got fried Oreos and a churro, and took AJ through a cute little farm experience. We got AJ into bed before 9pm which was a feat, and we talked about our day before bed. 





9/17 I did not want to get up to walk, so I slept in. Work was less crazy. I was able to set an appointment with Conceptions Fertility. I picked up AJ, ate, and had four Amazon Flex deliveries. I met the boys at Macey's for some soft serve, and we wandered the Dollar Tree afterward since AJ loves the Halloween decorations. We did bath and bed time. 

9/18 I got up to walk. From 11am-3pm we had our team party at Grandpa's Pond. It was nice to just relax, although I was anxious to be done much earlier than it ended. After the party I went to Megaplex to get my new popcorn tag and a refill. I shopped at Fort Union Smith's and picked up AJ. Matthew did a lot of cleaning so I did a bit more and some laundry and tidying. I left at 7:45 and got a decaf mocha before going to the McLaughlins' house to sit so they could go on a date. I started watching The Testaments at their house. 

9/19 I went to the gym and got ready. Matthew went to open houses. Jared brought my mom's Hyundai to our house; we may be adopting it. Amo, her mom, and Jude came a bit later. They all stayed until 4:30 when we had to leave for my company party at Hogle Zoo. I worked the check in table from 5:15-6:00. I went on the train with the boys, and then we ate. It was nice to just have a leisurely evening at the zoo. We stayed until after 8pm. We got AJ into bed by 9 after he fell asleep in the car. I watched the Testaments. 










9/20 We slept until about 7:30. AJ and I went to get Sidecar Doughnuts. Matthew went to another open house. AJ and I went on a walk to the park. He played for a bit. I made him and myself lunch, and Matthew took a nap with him. I finished an episode of The Testaments. After lunch prep and vitamin prep, I did a lot of playing with AJ while Matthew worked on my car. We played hide and seek. We bounced on the trampoline. I made AJ dinner and had a protein shake for my dinner. We watched Dead to Me and went to bed just after 10pm.


9/21 I was up early for the gym--deload week thankfully. Work was very quiet. I picked up AJ. Matthew had picked up Harmon's Meal Deal - tomato soup and rolls, so that is what we had for dinner. I made banana muffins. We did bed time and watched Dead to Me. 


9/22 I walked on my treadmill. Work was a little busy - online class, 1:1, shopping for our team meeting. I picked up a prescription, picked up AJ, and met someone from FB Marketplace to get 24 cans of Spylt for $30 (this amount would be $72 at Smith's). We got home, ate dinner, and did Ms. Debbie's activities. We did bath and bed time and watched Dead to Me. 

9/23 I did a short treadmill walk and got blood work done before work. Work was busy with popcorn day and several meetings. Matthew picked up AJ, pizza, and me so we could go to Cornbelly's. Cornbelly's was great. A little warm early on, but after the sun set it was perfect. We got my car at work, came home, did bed time (plus all evening tasks), and went to bed ourselves. 




9/24 I got up to go to the gym. Work was a bit busy. I picked up AJ, ate, changed clothes, and went to do Amazon Flex deliveries but didn't get a route. I tried to get Biscoff Beignets at Thirst after, but they were sold out (I checked on the app). Then I tried to get pumpkin cake at The Chocolate, but they were sold out. It was a treat failure. Matthew did bath and started bed time. 

9/25 I walked before work. I went to work for a half day which was actually pretty busy. I got gas and drove to Draper after work for Biscoff Beignets at Thirst Drinks which honestly were a little disappointing to me. I grocery shopped at Smith's, got everything put away, and picked up AJ around 3pm. We went to Cornbelly's and stayed for almost four hours. My mom came for the last little bit. We did bed time and watched Dead to Me. 





9/26 Matthew went to the kitchen so I took AJ to the gym for 1 rep testing. It went really well. I matched my best squat at 265.5lb without peeing. I set a new PR on deadlifts at 287.7lb. And I matched my best bench at 144lb. After leaving the gym, AJ and I walked on Main Street for the car show. He got lots of treats and was very excited. We went to Sidecar Doughnuts because I wanted one of their fall beverages. We got home, and I started tidying and cleaned the floors because AJ wanted to decorate. We decorated. AJ took a nap. I showered, ate, and watched a little bit of The Testaments. After he woke up,  I put bats on the wall to finish decorating. That evening, I went to an "Intimacy Reset" event for moms in American Fork with @theldssexologist. The whole day was a really good day. 




9/27 We went to breakfast at Ogie's. I went on a walk. I had therapy at 11. We were in the backyard; I cut the tomato plants way back since they were out of control for a long time. AJ went with me to get gas in my mom's Hyundai, whipped cream at Smith's, and a drink at Raw Bean. Matthew made us burgers. After that we went to Spirit Halloween and came home to do bath and bed time. 

9/28 I was up early for the gym. Work was busy with orientation and some tasks afterward. I got AJ, and we had crockpot chicken chili for dinner. AJ got to wear his new skeleton costume and was loving it (the fingers are too long, annoyingly). Matthew went and got us caramel apples. After bed time we started watching Sinners. 



9/29 I got up and went for a walk before work. Work was busy with a couple of class setups, my 1:1, a presentation for another department, plus another meeting. I picked up AJ, picked up a prescription, and hit bad traffic on the way home so I took surface streets. We had a good evening at home doing Miss Debbie's, and watching AJ dance in his skeleton costume. 

9/30 I was up early for the gym. Work wasn't crazy busy, but I did do popcorn and a virtual class in the morning. Matthew was able to get AJ since I was able to pick up an Amazon shift at 5:45. I didn't get a route. I got treats from The Chocolate instead. After getting home I ate some chips with AJ and helped with books and bed time. We ate treats, watched Ted Lasso, and went to bed. 

Books I read in September

-Honest Motherhood by Libby Ward (audiobook)
-Yesteryear by Caro Claire Burke (audiobook)
-The Hearth Witch's Guide to Magic & Murder by Kiri Callaghan (audiobook)
-The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle (audiobook)
-Yearbook by Seth Rogen (audiobook)
-One Dark Window by Rachel Gillig (audiobook)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going Private Out of Necessity

On Dreaming Big

Thanks