Mission 5K: Complete

I run. Well, sometimes.

I ran a 5K on Saturday, May 8, just down the road from my apartment at Wheeler Farm.

I was the first one there from my group because they said you should get there an hour early to get your bib and whatnot. Uh. That was not necessary. I sat around for at least half an hour till I realized I hadn't brought any music with me. So I drove home really fast and got my arm band and headphones and stuff. I'm so glad I did! I don't know what I would have done without it.

So it started, and I finished about 37 sweaty minutes later. My time was pretty awful in spite of the fact that I had just run the exact same distance in less time just the day before.

It turned out that my coworker's wife tracked it on her GPS, and it was 3.6 miles instead of 3.1. So that's officially the farthest I've ever run. Thus, the time that was worse than I anticipated. It really wasn't so bad at all, for 8:30 AM on a Saturday.

It was a rocky terrain with lots of animals about.

Overall, I enjoyed myself. It was pretty official. I had a little bib thing and received my card with my time on it and my finishing place.

I also got a medal, a fruit/nut bar (those things are so good), and half an orange that I dropped on the dirty ground. Single tear.

My coworker said it was really well done for a 5K--that usually they're not so fancy.



That is a horrible picture of me. You don't have to say it. I already know. Still, I'm the cutest girl in the picture. Ha ha. You see what I did there?


Mission 5K: complete.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review