Amen

Woke up at 7:24 this morning instead of 6:15 due to yet another alarm clock fail. I am going to exchange that piece of .... at Best Buy in a few days. I made it to work at 7:50, and I live 20 minutes away. That should tell you how awesome I am.

Fortunately, I have a substitute for tomorrow because I am not feeling well. Last night and the night before I got 9 hours of sleep! And I still am feeling yucky. Throat and nose kind of yucky.

Not to worry, I have plenty of soup and crackers and a nice comfy couch for tomorrow. Plus no concern with my alarm not going off at the right time. 

In teacher news...

My 3B makes reading Shakespeare into torture. I feel like I'm being stabbed in the gullet along with them. They can't appreciate it, no matter how hard I try.

But my 4B! They LOVE Romeo and Juliet. They're eating it up and understanding it so amazingly well.

And today, I felt I could really relate with some of what was being said in the balcony scene. When Juliet is concerned regarding how easily Romeo has won her:

O gentle Romeo,
If thou dost love, pronounce it faithfully:
Or if thou think'st I am too quickly won,
I'll frown and be perverse an say thee nay,
So thou wilt woo; but else, not for the world.
In truth, fair Montague, I am too fond,
And therefore thou mayst think my 'havior light:
But trust me, gentleman, I'll prove more true
Than those that have more cunning to be strange.
I should have been more strange, I must confess,
But that thou overheard'st, ere I was ware,
My true love's passion: therefore pardon me,
And not impute this yielding to light love,
Which the dark night hath so discovered.

I also related with the danger Romeo feels regarding love: 

Alack, there lies more peril in thine eye
Than twenty of their swords: look thou but sweet,
And I am proof against their enmity.

Peril in someone's eyes, more than twenty of their swords? Amen, Romeo. You know how to say it. As shallow as I may deem 13-year old Juliet and umpteen-year old Romeo, the feelings they feel exist in real life. I wish I could explain this to my classes in a simultaneously candid and comfortable way.

Really, though. Hope and want = danger.

Therefore, I am running away from it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review