Imagination Machine

Earlier this week I wrote something unlike anything I've written before.

Mostly I consider myself to be good at communicating with words. I'm not very creative. I don't think of stories or characters. I don't daydream.

But I had the beginning of an autobiographical fiction piece in my head for a long time.

So I started it and went through a pretty quick process of fleshing it out and taking it in one direction. It was an exhilarating experience, really. Being in the middle of it and wondering what direction I should take it (since there were so many available to me) was really frustrating. And for those moments I actually felt like, "a writer."  I loved how frustrated I was!

It's by no means amazing. I always read things several months after I wrote them and realize, "Wow, that was a piece of crap." So, I'm sure it's even worse than I can acknowledge right now. The sweet boyfriend thinks I should submit it somewhere. :) Isn't that cute? I love having fans. Or I guess I should say I love having a... fan...

Anyway, it was a different and awesome writing experience for me.

In other different and awesome experiences, my skirt almost flew up today in this forsaken weather. But it didn't. But I imagined how funny it would be if that had happened. You have to laugh at that kind of thing...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review