Blue Teacher

I've taken the Color Code test before. But I took it again just to make sure I was what I thought. I am a super blue personality. 65%, in fact. Check it out:

Blues are motivated by Intimacy. They seek to genuinely connect with others, and need to be understood and appreciated. Everything they do is quality-based. They are loyal friends, employers, and employees. Whatever or whomever they commit to is their sole (and soul) focus. They love to serve and give of themselves freely in order to nurture others' lives.

Blues have distinct preferences and have the most controlling personality. Their personal code of ethics is remarkably strong and they expect others to live honest, committed lives as well. They enjoy sharing meaningful moments in conversation as well as paying close attention to special life events (e.g. birthdays and anniversaries). Blues are dependable, thoughtful, and analytical; but can also be self-righteous, worry-prone, and moody. They are "sainted pit-bulls" who never let go of something or someone once they are committed. When you deal with a BLUE, be sincere and make a genuine effort to understand and appreciate them.

Well, if that doesn't scare everyone away, I don't know what does. I'd say I'm pretty self-aware, though, since I'm totally conscious of my need for genuine human connections and commitments. It's what makes me happiest--caring about somebody else. Birthdays and anniversaries are definitely the best! Meh. I'm awesome. Like I've said before, it's super difficult having this personality type because it's harder for me to make the kind of connections that I want with others.

Anyway. I ordered a new class set of Night today for future generations of Centennial Middle School students. The class set we had was 21 books (not enough), and they were falling apart.

Something else I'm immensely excited about is that I ordered 30 copies of Ayn Rand's book Anthem for FREE! If I get it soon enough, I will teach it before the school year ends. It should be 4-6 weeks. This book was really enlightening for me as a little 14-year old. I'm very excited to share it with my 14-year-olds. I love this book and am so excited that the Ayn Rand Institute would do this.

I also have a long list going of short stories that I want to use in my classroom over the term. I'm pretty excited to teach some Poe and Joyce and Hawthorne and Steinbeck. Yessss....

And! I have a friend in the counseling office at my work (school?). He told me that a parent said something awesome about me today, and that he'd pass it on to Principal Swenson. A parent of one of my students told the counselor, "The best thing that's ever happened for my son is Miss Balibrea." The counselor went on to tell me that this parent thinks I walk on water. Needless to say, this made my day amidst complete frustration with my oft times difficult students.

Three best things:

1. The compliment from the parent about my teaching; at least it works for some people
2. Sleep. I love it a lot.
3. Baking abilities. My oatmeal coconut chocolate chip cookies are the best.

Comments

April said…
Ok, I'm going to have to try out your Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Cookies to see if they are the best! You should bring some to Sunday dinner for me to taste test!!!
Tonia Z said…
I object to the test results!!! I have been through W#$*()&#$ and back since I was a child, and don't deal with anything like I did then. RED???? whatever.

By the way, remind me to tell you a funny story about picking which books you SHOULDNT read with jr high students
z_eT said…
Hy , i don't know you , you don't know me , i have find your blog from mistake , i can just say that i have made a Color Quiz this is the LINK : http://www.colorquiz.com/index.php and it was increbil i don't know you you are talking about this one or other one ,but i know just it was PERFECT FOR ME he told me the TRUE about everything.

any way if you want to chick - chat :D add me on yahoo messenger or msn vlad_xxl20@yahoo.com

c'ya nice blog :D
Brianne said…
Just thought I'd let you know, I am a yellow:

Yellows are motivated by Fun. They are inviting and embrace life as a party that they're hosting. They love playful interaction and can be extremely sociable. They are highly persuasive and seek instant gratification. Yellows need to be adored and praised. While Yellows are carefree, they are sensitive and highly alert to others' agendas to control them. Yellows typically carry within themselves the gift of a good heart.

Yellows need to look good socially, and friendships command a high priority in their lives. Yellows are happy, articulate, engaging of others and crave adventure. Easily distracted, they can never sit still for long. They embrace each day in the "present tense" and choose people who, like themselves, enjoy a curious nature. Yellows are charismatic, spontaneous, and positive; but can also be irresponsible, obnoxious, and forgetful. When you deal with a YELLOW, take a positive, upbeat approach and promote light-hearted, creative, and fun interactions.

Love ya! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review