Spiritual Gifts?

So... As a blue personality, I'm a "deeply feeling" person. I need "connection," "to be understood," and "to feel appreciated." And my "capacity for emotional depth is remarkable."

I've tried to put my finger on how this last thing is good. Because while I'm capable of loving and caring probably more intensely than anyone I know, I'm also capable of getting hurt much more easily.

I was watching Intervention last night. I always get into this show, and it's a mistake to start watching because I always hope the best for these people and their families so I have to see how it turns out.

As I watch the actual intervention, and as I watch these people cry over their loved ones, I cry right with them. In several ways, I can relate to the way that they feel about their family members. But I also feel their pain on a really intense level. This is the same when I watch any show where people get emotional, American Idol, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, So You Think You Can Dance... No matter what it is, if someone is experiencing great joy, overwhelmed feelings, or great sadness, I feel it right along with them.

I put myself in their position in some way and can feel the way they feel for a brief amount of time. I get so invested in these people and their feelings. I get that way with those I love, too, which is why it's so hard for me to hear when anyone is having a hard time. I get stressed and upset with and for them.

Anyway, I can only try to imagine the joy and pain I'll experience as a parent, watching my children go through the things that they will. I wonder if it'll be even more intense than experiencing it firsthand.

Not sure why I wanted to blog about this, I just think it's interesting what an emotional and deeply feeling person I am. I wish I knew if this was good or bad. Maybe it's both.

Comments

StacyB said…
It's good. I suppose you are both your Dad & I. I cried at every accomplishment or pain with each of my children, and do to this day. Well, I did sometimes laugh at the pain, but that's just how I roll. Sick, huh?

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review