Substituting and Lagooning

The 8th graders (the only grade I teach) are at Lagoon today for 8th grade day. I wanted to go to Lagoon, but I have a job interview at 4 PM, and they're not done at Lagoon until 5.

So I am stuck at work.

I was all excited that it'd be a day to clean up/pack up my room and get organized to start getting stuff out, but instead I had to cover a 7th grade teacher's classes. And I need to start a new book because I'm freaking bored out of my mind. But I forgot to bring one.

So here I am in Lawrence Wiedmann's room at his horrifically messy and unorganized and dirty desk hoping that I can get through 6 classes of 7th graders.


Don't worry that I watched Dexter season 4 in two sittings, by the way. Ain't no thang.

Finished reading Ender's Shadow in just over a week. Ain't no thang.

It's weird how bored I am both at work and after work lately. But my students are turning in journals AND their personal narratives tomorrow and Friday, so I've got lots of grading to do over the weekend. Oops, I did it again.

So anyways. Smooth sailing.

But wish me luck at my interview today at Rocky Mountain Middle in Heber and at my interview on Monday with Cottonwood Heights High in the Granite School District. The interview on Monday went pretty well. Can't say it went badly, but I don't think it was awesome either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review