Oh wretched soul that I am...

So I can't start doing all of my homework without expressing some gratitude. If you haven't gotten the impression, it's been a really difficult week for me.

I woke up at 8:15 to get ready for church, after jumping forward an hour, which meant I didn't get a lot of sleep...Around five hours if you were wondering. I sat in bed deciding whether to go to church with all of this stuff I have to do. Something told me I needed to go, that I would be blessed if I went. Then I realized after I walked out the door that it was stake conference and church didn't start till 10. I could have gotten an extra half hour of sleep. Wow, was I stressed. Here I was, short on sleep, not wanting to go to church, with tons of stuff hanging over my head. But I went. I even debated leaving early, "Gosh, I just have so much to do. Surely one hour is good enough..." Nope. He was holding me down in my chair. And it's a good thing.

Because I truly needed the encouragement of those talks today. I truly needed those words. And He knew that. Up until the very end of the meeting, the last random topic my stake president spoke on, I heard things I needed to hear.

President Hoyt talked for the last two minutes about discouragement. He reassured us that we are Heavenly Father's children, that we need to keep making an effort. He said not to belittle ourselves. Another girl spoke on reaching perfection through faith in Christ and his atonement. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. I already knew this, but I needed the reminder.

I am so grateful for His love and help when I feel most undeserving of it.

Three best things...

1. Church. I said this already, and I've explained it already, but I needed church today. I am so, so glad that I went.

2. Sunshine. It is beautiful and warm outside. I love springtime, and I love when I can smell flowers in the air.

3. My organization. I may have procrastinated for probably the first time in my life this week, but I have been blessed with skills that help me to get through these situations.

Comments

Bri!!! said…
I loved this post. Very cool. We are always blessed when sacrifice is involved! Keep up the posts.
Unknown said…
Good thing you went. And I've said it before, I'll say it again...

I told you so!

Everything always turns out just fine!
Cody said…
"He said not to belittle ourselves." So important! thats a daily struggle for me but it is so true. Life's hard enough without us belittling ourselves.

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review