There was salt in the air...

There was salt in the air
tonight
when I walked outside.

There was water in the air
tonight,
pushing the desert away.

There was a smell in the air
tonight
that reminded me of home.

No reason for that formatting or a strange attempt at poetry. It just kind of came out like that. But it's true, the air smelled like salt tonight. It was really moist for Utah air. I suddenly recalled nights at the beach with friends, having a bonfire, walking on the pier, smelling the fish that my dad caught so late at night. Nothing describes that feeling, the peace that is brought to me with that smell, with that cold, wet air in my face.

I miss California.

I shouldn't even be writing a blog right now. I have so much else to be doing. I have a 5 page paper due for one class, two short stories to read for the same class, two short stories and 3 questions to answer for Spanish class, and a short paper due for religion--all this for Monday. Have I been able to do any of it? No. Awesome.

Anyway, I'm doing what I can to not freak out, probably a good reason to write a blog, right?

Work was so mellow. I prayed for slow work tonight so I could get stuff done, which I did, thank heaven.

I'm thankful for
1. Friends. People who want me around and who make my life fun, people who care and listen.

2. Church. It's really hard to go sometimes, especially knowing how much I have to do this weekend. But if I didn't have the knowledge that I do, things would be so much more difficult than they are.

3. My cute rabbit. It's nice knowing there's another warm body in my room when I come home. She's so sweet and loves to be cuddled.

Going to bed.

Comments

Cody said…
your first paragraph, from "i suddenly recalled.." onward made me homesick.

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review