Satisfying a Need

... Not that kind of need, you sickos.

I've been in a funk since Saturday! Saturday! It's Monday now!

I determined this morning that I need to be done with this and write it out. I always forget that when I fall into a funk, it is often because I have not written. How many times have I said that on this blog? Can someone send me periodic, "Janae you need to write before you get psycho" reminders? No? Ugh.

Just in the way of complaints:

I really hate having to say no when friends want to go out to eat. I hate saying no to driving to see friends because I can't afford gas. I hate plugging numbers in to my budget worksheet and trying to make it all work out and having it come way too close for comfort when I'm not even spending money on things I want, and am putting off getting things I need. I'm not spending any extra money (OK, so Red Mango over a week ago doesn't count. I haven't had it in like 2 months).

Grrr, money problems. I get that it would be a huge cause of conflict in marriage that results in divorce. If I were married to myself, I'd divorce me! And I'm not even a frivolous spender.

I will say there is something empowering in being able to say NO to everything. It's nice knowing my debt is at least not increasing while I am exhaling this continuous verbal string of unpleasant NOs.

I am looking forward to going home in 2 weeks and 4 days. I'm not counting though.

I'm also looking forward to my birthday in 10 days. I'm not counting though. I've had sources point to a surprise of some sort from a person I like. Even more reason to look forward to my birthday.

I am looking forward to Thursday on Saturday night, even if I go alone.

I am excited for my leftover pizza that Brianne brought over on Saturday night. It's warming up. Thanks, Breezy. It's not often I get treats like that anymore.

I love looking in my shopping cart and seeing all healthy food with one little splurgey thing.

I am glad that I enjoy eating healthy. Seriously. Fruit, veggies, chicken, salads, smoothies, protein shakes (OK maybe not the last one)... I really love it.

I am looking forward to watching Garden State tonight. It's been a while.

And then I'm looking forward to sleep after that.

I am excited to make Valentine's goodies.

Is that enough good stuff to balance out my financial complaints? I think so. But just in case it wasn't...

My students were pretty good today (except 4A who I loathe more every time I see them). Romeo & Juliet is going pretty well. I have been able to leave work at work at the time I am supposed to leave! Things are good.

Movie time.

Comments

Mike Talley said…
I just watched Garden State the other week! It made me laugh because the guy that works at Medival Times in the knight suit is Sheldon on Big Bang Theory...haha.

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review