Energy

So I've been working out three times a week consistently for several weeks now. I've made "checking in" at 24 Hour Fitness on my phone a pretty regular thing.

I worked out way too hard on Saturday--trying to pick up my back exercises where I left off, oh, like, 8 months ago. Bad idea. I couldn't even lift my arms all the way today. I'll just say that.

So since Monday is usually my upper body/arms day, I decided to scratch that and just do a bout of cardio on my beloved elliptical. My arms are getting back to normal semi-rapidly, so I don't feel a lot of pressure to work them out excessively. And to clarify, by "normal" I mean "less fat."

Anyway, I realize that's probably super boring for everyone but me who likes to document every little accomplishment in her life, so! On to this connecting this fierce determination to this weird satisfaction I feel about life lately.

I've been getting very small amounts of sleep for oh, about 26 days now. Where my Saturdays and Sundays were spent getting 9-12 hours of sleep, I am now getting maybe 6 per night. And somewhere between 3 and 6 hours during the week.

If you know me, you know I don't do well on little sleep. My body acts funny, I feel sick at my stomach. I get shaky. I get pale. My eyes get red. Basically, I just get kind of ugly and grouchy.

And under normal circumstances, if I don't get enough sleep, I use that as a reason not to go to the gym--I shouldn't overwork or exhaust myself (that's the logic)!

In spite of this, I've had SO much energy lately. I have just had this desire to exercise, to eat well, to push myself, and find no excuses. I go to the gym feeling pumped, and I leave the gym feeling pumped... aaaand covered in sweat. 

It feels good to have nothing to complain about. I mean, I guess I could find some things, but I'm certainly not looking for them. It feels even better to feel excited about life, to have something to look forward to on a daily basis... To finally start feeling good about myself again.

I'm not entirely sure where this energy and excitement and "zest for life" is coming from. I was thinking it might be because I'm twitterpated.

On to the shower, and crock pot creamy chicken & mushroom dinner with Rachel.

<3 LML

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November GBOMB

November in Review